Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MO - Dana Bruce, 23, Sedalia, 4 Oct 2008

You also may want to reference the local newspaper, www.sedaliademocrat.com . This past monday, the 5th, a woman was robbed of 250 dollars at knifepoint in a local laundromat. On Wednesday, Nathan Dotson, father of Dana Bruce's 2 children, was arrested for this crime. Back in November, about a month after she went missing, Nathan and his cousin were arrested during a high speed chase . The speed was a result of the drugs they were carrying and the eluding police from an armed robbery they had committed in a nearby town. All of this information is in the local paper .

More than 40 volunteers gathered yesterday morning to search in and around Sedalia for clues about the disappearance of Dana Bruce, who has been missing since Oct. 5.

Bruce, 23, of Sedalia, was last seen leaving a bar with a man. She stopped by the baby-sitter to give her more money to watch her children and never returned home.

Groups of 10 volunteers split up and searched areas near East Third Street and South Engineer Avenue, Pinhook Conservation Area and a wooded area near Goodwill Chapel Road and Cherry Tree Lane.

"We decided it was time to take action," said Sara Bass of Sedalia, who organized the search.

Bass does not know Bruce personally but said she is a concerned citizen who wanted to help.

The group found a black backpack filled with women’s clothing in a low-lying area in a field. The Sedalia Police Department sorted through the bag and determined the contents were not Bruce’s.

A skull and teeth were found about 55 miles from near Eldon, Mo. The location where these remains were found is just about 25 miles from the home of the ex boyfriend's mother. He is now the one who is allegedly raising her children and in doing so not required to pay child support. Here is the latest story from the local paper:

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/...an_county.html

According to the maps link, the place where the remains were found is very close to Clarksburg, Mo, where the mother of the missing girls ex boyfriend lives.
    NATHAN'S PAGE (Nathan Dotson- Super dad, dana's ex, dad 2 be, boyfriend of barbara.. whatever else)
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=323749641
    or
    http://www.myspace.com/n8_dizzle123

and here is the one from the local paper where the remains were found. http://www.lakesunleader.com/news/x1...und-near-Eldon

Thanks for the heads up on who's myspace that was Tonia I'll go back and look again. He certainly needs to be looked at huh?
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Also the pic of her and her man is her ex.

Egads, this is a sorted tale. I found the following work done by Helpfindthemissing.org they do a lot of good work over there.

Link to thread of research already done:

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/...d.php?p=506872

I can see I'll be reading for a bit.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Yes,alot of myspaces for the family. Just didnt want to take up the whole thread.

Tonia are you talking about the bones found thread that you posted earlier this week as possibly being Dana? The one where I asked if they were male or female?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Tonia are you talking about the bones found thread that you posted earlier this week as possibly being Dana? The one where I asked if they were male or female?

Hi Kat - they identified the bones found outside of Eldon to be those of another missing girl who disappeared from Osage Beach in 2006.

There skeletal remains of another woman were discovered in Springfield, MO a few days ago at I-44 and US 65 and still remain unidentified.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

I dont recall the thread but i had posted the wrong link. Here is the correct link to the remains found.

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/...an_county.html

TY very much gaia227.

The article in the Ozark paper is talking about the remains found by I-44, and now think it may be a man. Remains found inside sleeping bag under a make shift tent? Sounds familiar with the body found in Columbia though.
    One story (broke a few days earlier than the other) on remains found around Columbia by a person out walking, jogging on a trail, stuck his head inside what looked to be a makeshift tent and found remains .. This area had been known previously for homeless folks staying in that area, but looked to be abandoned for the past few months ..

Another story (broke a few days later) said MoDot workers found a 'skull' underneath a blue tarp off the side of the highway in a field down towards Springfield (65 and 44 interchange).. The article stated clothing had been found and went on to say they believe the remains could be that of female gender?

To many remains geez,gets me confused.

http://www.finddanabruce.com/Updates.php

Ok here is a update about remains found on Dana's site.

Okay Tonia thank you. It was Kathee that posted this to the Crimes in the News thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78059

So we have that thread running there.

Update from the finddanabruce website:

What: Search For Dana Bruce
    When: 9 am Sunday 1/25/2009
    Where: Old Woods Supermarket Parking Lot .. Ohio and Broadway .. Sedalia, Missouri
    Telephone # 660.221.8378
    Email: sbass76@charter.net

Additional Information : Dress warm, wear comfortable shoes and brightly colored clothing .. Don't forget your gloves (some like to wear them) .. Also take a plastic grocery bag with you, incase you find something .. Please give Sara Bass any and all information accumulated on the search. This enables her to 'keep track' and cooridinate better .. No Children Please!

bump for dana:

from finddanabruce website:

New Search For Dana Bruce ~

When: 2/08/2009 at 9:00 am
    Where: Old Woods Supermarket Parking Lot .. Ohio and Broadway .. Sedalia, Missouri

Special Note : Dress warm, wear comfortable shoes and brightly colored clothing .. Don't forget your gloves (some like to wear them) .. Also take a plastic grocery bag with you, incase you find something that could possibly be of importance .. If skeletal remains are found leave untouched and immediately alert authorities .. No children please! ,, Thank you all for your support of Dana Jane Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    The article in the Ozark paper is talking about the remains found by I-44, and now think it may be a man. Remains found inside sleeping bag under a make shift tent? Sounds familiar with the body found in Columbia though.
    One story (broke a few days earlier than the other) on remains found around Columbia by a person out walking, jogging on a trail, stuck his head inside what looked to be a makeshift tent and found remains .. This area had been known previously for homeless folks staying in that area, but looked to be abandoned for the past few months ..

Another story (broke a few days later) said MoDot workers found a 'skull' underneath a blue tarp off the side of the highway in a field down towards Springfield (65 and 44 interchange).. The article stated clothing had been found and went on to say they believe the remains could be that of female gender?

To many remains geez,gets me confused.
    This can be ruled out for sure. It was a homeless man that was camping and a tree limb fell and killed him from what I can remember. (the second one, anyways. I don't know about the first one.)
    Love never fails.

God gives. God takes. God's name be ever blessed. Job 1:21

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by passionategray View Post
    This can be ruled out for sure. It was a homeless man that was camping and a tree limb fell and killed him from what I can remember. (the second one, anyways. I don't know about the first one.)

I think the skull and the man in the make-shift tent are the same person. they were found in the same area both under a blue tarp. I think conflicting reports coming out made it seem like two seperate people had been found. I could be wrong.

You are right - they believe the man was homeless and died when a tree limb fell on him.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I'm bringing this over from the Renee Pernice thread. Thank you Inquiring Minds:

Body Found in Glasgow NO ID yet
    http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1500201.html

White Womans body found in Missouri River on Saturday. NO ID yet.
    This could very well be Renee.

Does anyone know what's behind the drama behind the local paper and the below linked site?

http://www.finddanabruce.com/The_Real_Truth.php

The Real Truth

The Find Dana Bruce Website was set up by a concerned citizen for others in the community and across the country to keep the story of Dana Bruce at the forefront ..

This site was set up for the main purpose to give an information number to call in tips to Sedalia Missouri Police Detectives, offer information on events and updates, links to other useful websites such as TES, to make the public aware that there is a REWARD being offered for information that results in a conviction of the party involved, folks to share memories and photos of Dana Bruce if they wish, and a discussion area to hopefully find answers with the end results of finding Dana Bruce ..

The Sedalia News Journal has done a disservice to this community conducting themselves in the manner in which they have and continue to do so ..(much more at the link)

Not sure what is going on, but I do have friends in Sedalia. It is a fairly small town. I will see what I can find out, if anything.

bumping for Dana

Too many missing... I hope they find Dana soon

Missing Mom Not Forgotten

Despite her absence, friends and family gathered Friday at Liberty Park to celebrate Dana Bruce's twenty-fourth birthday.

It's been nine months since Dana Bruce of Sedalia went missing. People promise to never forget this young mother of two.
    She has two kids; 2-year-old Destiny and 3-year-old Dylan. They have only one message for their mom; "We miss you mom. Come home."

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satell...f-a16bc0d62800

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

Mom vanishes while pursuing divorce; foul play suspected

(CNN) -- Renee Pernice, a 35-year-old mother of two young children, vanished from her home in Kansas City, Missouri, shortly after New Year's this year. She hasn't been heard from since.
    Renee Pernice is pictured here with her two sons and husband, Shon.

Police believe foul play is involved, yet they have not found her body. No one has been arrested in the case.
    Police have not named her husband, Shon Pernice, as a person of interest or a suspect in the case. However, "he's the last known person to see her alive," said Doug Niemeier, a sergeant with the Kansas City Police Department.
    Six months after Renee Pernice disappeared, police say they still have questions about her husband in the days after her disappearance, including why he allegedly accessed a local fire department's hazardous materials building around 4:30 a.m. January 3.
    "It should be noted that multiple types of cleaners, solvents and cleaning supplies are stored at Station #5," a police affidavit says.
    Attorneys for Shon Pernice declined to comment for this story. Police and family say Renee was pursuing a divorce around the time she disappeared.

More at link
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/...ice/index.html

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

One Year After Sedalia Woman Disappears, Family And Friends To Remember Dana Bruce:

It was one year ago today that a young mother from Sedalia went missing.

Family members and friend of 23 year-old Dana Bruce will gather in Liberty Park at 2 p.m. today to release purple and white balloons, and then again at 8 tonight for a candlelight vigil at the Pettis County courthouse to commemorate her disappearance.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/10/it-was-one-year-ago-today-that-woman.html
    Last edited by Kathee; 10-04-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added candlelight vigil
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

bumping for Dana

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast