Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacnotcam

Reaction score
I know that we have the general discussions but as pointed out by a fellow ws'er, we don't have a thread for theories on what may have happened.

I really have none right now. My brain is fried. Maybe I will come up with some later.

Any thoughts?

Car accident? Maybe he was in an accident and disoriented, and walked from the accident location and then collapsed by the Burger King? If he walked a distance, he could have gotten sunburned. Do we have an EXACT address of the Burger King? I would love to see the topography of the area where he was found.

I honestly believe he went through some sort of trauma that affected his family as well. Perhaps his family is deceased and he is the sole survivor.

Didn't I see somewhere in this forum that the psychologist said his amnesia is psychologically based, not based off of some kind of brain trauma or anything? If so, in my opinion that means his brain is pushing out the things that happened... maybe even his wife and children that he may have had before the traumatic incident occurred.

This is all speculation... but that's what I think.

If he was dumped behind that dumpster after the event, then that's why he might have been found there. Perhaps whoever dumped him there didn't want him identified, so they stripped him of all clothing and belongings and left him there to die.

OK, I found the Burger King. I do not know how to post google earth, but those that have it, here are the coordinates:

Latitude: 31°55'35.05"N
Longitude: 81°19'59.82"W

This looks like a residential area, but is RIGHT off Rt 95, which is a major highway!

Car accident? Maybe he was in an accident and disoriented, and walked from the accident location and then collapsed by the Burger King? If he walked a distance, he could have gotten sunburned. Do we have an EXACT address of the Burger King? I would love to see the topography of the area where he was found.

That could be BUT he was found naked and beaten!! So maybe he was disoriented then got mugged! Boy, that would be just a bad day! Car wreck then mugging and being left for dead! LOL!!

I honestly believe he went through some sort of trauma that affected his family as well. Perhaps his family is deceased and he is the sole survivor.

Didn't I see somewhere in this forum that the psychologist said his amnesia is psychologically based, not based off of some kind of brain trauma or anything? If so, in my opinion that means his brain is pushing out the things that happened... maybe even his wife and children that he may have had before the traumatic incident occurred.

This is all speculation... but that's what I think.

If he was dumped behind that dumpster after the event, then that's why he might have been found there. Perhaps whoever dumped him there didn't want him identified, so they stripped him of all clothing and belongings and left him there to die.

See, this is kind of what I think. I think maybe he went away for a trip or some other reason and got attacked, which brought on the amnesia. But I think he has some deeper trauma in his life than just the attack. I think that is just what set it off. Make sense?

OK, I found the Burger King. I do not know how to post google earth, but those that have it, here are the coordinates:

Latitude: 31°55'35.05"N
Longitude: 81°19'59.82"W

This looks like a residential area, but is RIGHT off Rt 95, which is a major highway!

I will look more when I get home. I'm off to bowling! Thanks for your input so far guys! I'm hoping that maybe one of our theories may end up helping in some way. Ya never know!

See, this is kind of what I think. I think maybe he went away for a trip or some other reason and got attacked, which brought on the amnesia. But I think he has some deeper trauma in his life than just the attack. I think that is just what set it off. Make sense?

I agree. Didn't he say that he wanted to get to the ocean? Maybe his family and him were going on vacation to the ocean, got hijacked or something along the way, and the attackers rid him of is wife and children and then dumped him off the highway at the Burger King where he was found after awhile.

I'm sort of afraid for Benjaman. No one knows what is lurking in his past and it may not be something that would be exactly good to remember, kwim?

Hurricane Charley hit Florida on Aug 13, 2004. Does anybody know if there is a list of the people missing from this storm? Just a possibility?

My thought was that it was water-related...As I recall, not only is this BK near I-95, it also appears to be near a canal or waterway. Maybe a boating accident? Sunlight reflecting on water could have affected his eyes, and if he were dazed and disoriented he may have undressed himself to get out of his soaked clothing.

Just tossing some thoughts out there.

i think he has had some painful things happen in his life = death of parents....perhaps child.
i keep wondering if someone had him declaired dead and is living off of his assets and insurance money.
bluestarzz

With the memory of the ocean, I wonder if he was on a business trip or vacation. Ocean vacations near Richmond Hill, GA are Hilton Head Island, SC, St. Simon's Island, GA- both are just over/about an hour from where BK was found. Hilton Head seems to be a place for conventions, both islands seem to be heavy on golf. I don't know if BK could be a golfer with his surgical marks that are reported? I've looked for people missing from these two areas and am not having much luck. Could he have been targeted for robbery while in a beachside community and dropped over an hour away?

If he had blinding cataracts requiring surgery soon after he was found, he most likely was not legally able to drive a car or a boat.

If he had blinding cataracts requiring surgery soon after he was found, he most likely was not legally able to drive a car or a boat.

Good point!

Is his estimated age young to have cataracts?

Weren't his cataracts from prolonged sun exposure? It is possible he may have been in a coma-like state for awhile with open eyes, causing the cataracts? I would like to see how the dumpster was laid out at that Burger King... to see if he would have been back there for awhile without being noticed. Someone dumped him there, in my opinion. I don't think he wandered there and stripped off his clothes. And he had fire ant bites which means to me that he had been there (or somewhere) awhile.

Someone knows what happened to him, but I think that it's a criminal who will never come forward about his identity because I bet they don't know it... they just know the crime they committed against him.

A little research on cataracts and the possible causes/increased risk factors -

Cataract development is usually a very gradual process of normal aging but can occasionally occur rapidly.
Rarely, cataracts can present at birth or in early childhood as a result of hereditary enzyme defects, and severe trauma to the eye, eye surgery, or intraocular inflammation can also cause cataracts to occur earlier in life. Other factors that may lead to development of cataracts at an earlier age include excessive ultraviolet-light exposure, diabetes, smoking, or the use of certain medications, such as oral, topical, or inhaled steroids. Other medications that are more weakly associated with cataracts include the long-term use of statins and phenothiazines.
There is an even more specific change that occasionally happens, when the opacity develops immediately next to the lens capsule, either by the anterior, or more commonly the posterior, portion of the capsule; these are called subcapsular cataracts. Unlike most cataracts, posterior subcapsular cataracts can develop rather quickly and affect vision more suddenly than either nuclear or cortical cataracts.
• The closer people live to the equator the greater the chance for cataracts. As suggested by a study in Southern France, sunlight exposure in these climates also increases the risk for severe cortical or mixed cataracts. In this study, even wearing sunglasses did not reduce the risk for these cataracts, although it did for posterior subcapsular cataracts.
• People whose jobs expose them to sunlight for prolonged periods are at higher risk. People in Southern climates whose occupations, such as fishing or oyster farming, exposed them to very intense sunlight were at high risk for all cataracts, including posterior subcapsular cataracts. (People in more Northern climates with similar occupations may not have as high a risk.)
• Occupational exposure to very intense artificial light, such as arc welding, increases the risk for cataracts.
Long-term environmental lead exposure may increase the risk of developing cataracts
Smoking
Heavy alcohol usage
Other conditions that can trigger the process leading to cataracts include:
• Physical injury to the eye (such as a hard blow, cut, or puncture)
• Chemical burns
• Electrical shock injuries
• Chronic exposure to intense heat or cold
Exposure to cosmic radiation (airline pilots, astronauts)

I believe that BK's cataracts are an affect of his exposure to the sun from his accident.....(attack.) Hands down.

I believe that BK's cataracts are an affect of his exposure to the sun from his accident.....(attack.) Hands down.

I think the same. See the second paragraph of my post on cataracts re postier subcapsular cataracts and the second bullet point on exposure to sunlight. This does make it seem very possible.

It also seems that the doctor that performed his cataract surgery would know what type of cataracts he had.

This is not a theory just need to get this posted and out of my head!

BK's parents probably in their 80's and may/may not be alive

BK probably has no siblings or if BK does, they might be estranged.

BK may have children and are estranged or never had children

BK may have a girlfriend or wife or never had either.

BK may not even be from the USA; maybe Canada.

BK may have had an apartment; eventually the owner would have filed for eviction

BK may have had a home; eventually the bank would have foreclosed on the house.

BK had neighbors either living in an apartment or home next to BK

BK must of worked, either for someone or had his own business. Either way, BK not showing up at his job or business would have set off a red flag either with his employess or his supervisor

BK may have had credit cards and accounts are now in default.

BK may have had a phone which is now turned off.

BK had mail delivery; post office would have noticed excessive mail piling up.

BK didn't file his 2004 taxes and perhaps IRS has flagged him and sending out notices for not paying his taxes.

BK is too young at the time he went missing for Socail Security but he could have been on Social Security Disability. Checks could have been mailed to him or direct deposit.

BK could have owned a car and it is still out there somewhere. Unless he couldn't drive due to his eye-sight.

BK could have flown to Atlanta late August 2004 with a return ticket back to his destination and the ticket was never used.

BK could have rented a car, and the rent-a-car is now stolen.

BK's concern about his SS card indicates to me he had high "working ethics".

BK could have walked away from everything years ago, leaving no trail of employment, home, etc.

If BK had seen a traumatic event or was involved in a traumatic event with regards to his family, LE would be looking for BK.

BK needs to get on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Early Show and Oprah.

With the memory of the ocean, I wonder if he was on a business trip or vacation. Ocean vacations near Richmond Hill, GA are Hilton Head Island, SC, St. Simon's Island, GA- both are just over/about an hour from where BK was found. Hilton Head seems to be a place for conventions, both islands seem to be heavy on golf. I don't know if BK could be a golfer with his surgical marks that are reported? I've looked for people missing from these two areas and am not having much luck. Could he have been targeted for robbery while in a beachside community and dropped over an hour away?

Those are good thoughts Boyz. I also posted on the Dr. Phil thread, that I used to live in Savannah and Richmond Hill wasn't far away, but in addition to St. Simons and Hilton Head, which are quite aways away, if you lived in Savannah or Richmond Hill and wanted to go to the beach, you would go to Tybee Island, which is alot closer. (O/T Nasty water there, its all brownish green. When I moved from GA to FL, I couldn't believe the difference in the ocean water. Here in FL its greenish blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy