1259 users online (199 members and 1060 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 383
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I do not know why I did not think of this before, but the comments made about him being a loner and mobile made me think of this...

    My sisters boyfriends father is a truck driver. He travels all the time, all over the country. Four years ago he was stopped at a truck stop in TX, and was heading back toward his truck. He crossed a lane of truck traffic, and in his words "out of nowhere" this truck came plowing down the road fast. The truck hit him, he was dragged about 75 feet until the truck stopped. The trauma of the accident and the head injuries he sustained caused him to have amnesia, and he was in a hospital for three weeks until our family found him. He had selective memories, but did not remember his wife, daughter, son etc. He remembered traveling and being on the road and could recall places he had been, but not his home. When he saw his wife, he did not recognize her, but slowly began to regain his memories. I know that Believe said his injuries were caused by a beating, and I wonder if maybe he had been a truck driver, who for some reason was beaten up, and then transported elsewhere and then dumped? Maybe his abandoned truck is elsewhere, not even in the Savannah area? Maybe his memories of going to the ocean were to Florida, N. or S. Carolina, etc ---other coastal areas? Believe, is there any indication of his sexual preference? Not to offend, but if he were gay, he might probably have a greater chance of being beat up.
    Oh man, we posted the same questions about his sexual preference at the same time, Jules.
    I have been dying to say this and coudn't find a respectful enough way to ask or say it, but you and I did at the exact same time.

    Do you have any psychic abilities that you know of? Just wondering, because I get a strong negative feeling about his having a family as in wife, children, etc.

  2. #32
    I don't feel he is gay. Never have gotten any kind of impression such as that either. While it is true only he could answer such an inquiry, I only have my instincts to rely on for this matter.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,043
    I don't get a strong sense of him being interested in finding A FAMILY. As in wife, children, etc.. Maybe that's what I am picking up on more than anything.

    I have never heard or read of him asking or wondering ANYTHING related to a family of his own, with him the head of the household.

    Maybe that's the anomaly I am registering more than any overt gay issues. If so, I apologize.

  4. #34
    I am sure he has wondered about having a family repeatedly. It is probably one of the most difficult and painful issues for him to ponder so could be why it hasn't been discussed out in the open. It could also be one of the last things he will recall if he ever starts to resurface memories, too. It would carry with it the largest amount of emotion, imo.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    I am sure you are right, if he does not remember them, but inwordly feels he may have someone, it is probably very painful to talk about.

    O/T I am guessing he was quite good looking when he was younger, as he is very handsome even now as an older man. He seems so sweet and nice. I really hope we can find his family, whoever and whereever they may be...

    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I am sure he has wondered about having a family repeatedly. It is probably one of the most difficult and painful issues for him to ponder so could be why it hasn't been discussed out in the open. It could also be one of the last things he will recall if he ever starts to resurface memories, too. It would carry with it the largest amount of emotion, imo.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,288
    I'm not convinced of this theory, just tossing out other avenues to explore:

    Were there any fires that resulted in a family dying in the areas where he believes he was, or even in GA? Perhaps he was presumed deceased in a fire, where his family did die? Maybe the trauma of said fire was enough to make him suppress his memories and flee the area?

    Once again, just tossing out ideas. I just can't figure out why else his family wouldn't be looking for him.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I do not know why I did not think of this before, but the comments made about him being a loner and mobile made me think of this...

    My sisters boyfriends father is a truck driver. He travels all the time, all over the country. Four years ago he was stopped at a truck stop in TX, and was heading back toward his truck. He crossed a lane of truck traffic, and in his words "out of nowhere" this truck came plowing down the road fast. The truck hit him, he was dragged about 75 feet until the truck stopped. The trauma of the accident and the head injuries he sustained caused him to have amnesia, and he was in a hospital for three weeks until our family found him. He had selective memories, but did not remember his wife, daughter, son etc. He remembered traveling and being on the road and could recall places he had been, but not his home. When he saw his wife, he did not recognize her, but slowly began to regain his memories. I know that Believe said his injuries were caused by a beating, and I wonder if maybe he had been a truck driver, who for some reason was beaten up, and then transported elsewhere and then dumped? Maybe his abandoned truck is elsewhere, not even in the Savannah area? Maybe his memories of going to the ocean were to Florida, N. or S. Carolina, etc ---other coastal areas? Believe, is there any indication of his sexual preference? Not to offend, but if he were gay, he might probably have a greater chance of being beat up.
    Hi Jules-I like much of your theory. I will just ask him about whether or not he thinks he can drive a rig-excellent stuff brought up by you and BM.

    His sexual preference has never been a subject of discussion between us or me and his care givers. I never gave it much relevance, but it may have been short sighted of me given the context you state. I have spoken with him about children in general and never got the impression that he was very warm and fuzzy about them-I would never assume however that this meant he had none....I think that amnesia is sufficiently unknown enough or rare enough that it is difficult to imagine that you might not take on a persona that could be other than your "normal" self...although I do not know much about it, I could see that on some level you have been set free of a previous life and if part of that were due to emotional trauma than it makes even more sense to me that you might reject certain previous aspects of yourself.

    Mr. Kyle is charming and engaging over the phone with a quick wit-although I just have my own impressions to judge by I think he has some affection for females beyond having to rely on a whole lot of them to propel him forward in his journey!

    I will get back to you about the "big rig" stuff...
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7
    Hi everybody. I am brand new here. I have read here from time to time and followed some cases, but have just joined today. Guess I'm a late bloomer.

    I had never heard of Benjaman Kyle before the Dr Phil show last week. I am so glad his story has received some national coverage after all this time. I have no doubt you guys had a big hand in that. I have not read everything here about this case, but enough to be very impressed with all your efforts on behalf of BK.

    MissieMt, I was very intrigued by your theory regarding a fire. I'm not sure what my theory is yet, but after reading your idea, I did a google search and came up with the following:

    http://orig.courier-journal.com/loca...8210-5396.html

    The date of the fire is August 21, 2004 in Bullitt, KY. It sounds like everyone who was supposed to be in the house was recovered, but you never know.

    It's probably nothing, but the date of the fire as well as the area intrigued me.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Good idea, I wonder if a fire would cause cataracts?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    I'm not convinced of this theory, just tossing out other avenues to explore:

    Were there any fires that resulted in a family dying in the areas where he believes he was, or even in GA? Perhaps he was presumed deceased in a fire, where his family did die? Maybe the trauma of said fire was enough to make him suppress his memories and flee the area?

    Once again, just tossing out ideas. I just can't figure out why else his family wouldn't be looking for him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7
    I thought that as well about the cataracts and especially the raspy voice. I have always heard smoke inhalation can cause damage to the throat.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,860
    For what it is worth....I have been told that it would be extremely rare (and inprobable) for someone to be declared dead in a fire without any remains (i.e complete dental and bones.) I asked if a few teeth would be sufficient in a car or a house (I read somewhere that BK was missing a few...maybe 4?... top teeth and it was unknown if they were lost at the Burger King or prior) and was told it would be highly unlikely.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

    "Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley


  12. #42

    Was it a hit?

    So I was pondering why noone will step forward and say that they know him. Was this a hired hit by novices? Could it be that the people that know him don't want to be identified?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,781
    Thoughts.... I don't know exactly what I think regarding a theory. My only thoughts are at the time Mr. Kyle was going through some type of transistion in his life, for which his family, friends, peers, coworkers might have thought he simply decided to stay put where he was at. His sexuality is of no importance, imo... nor is his lack of comments on the possibility of a family. What is important are his recollections, memories, work ethic. He said something about "I have no country" when commenting on the show regarding getting a SS number *if* he were to claim illegal alien status. That leads me to think his parents were born in the 20's. He may have been a late life child with older parents...

    IMO, he may not have faced a loss, but was rather looking to make a change of some sort which he thought long and hard about before making that decision. Especially with his work ethics. IMO, his comment about "went to see the ocean", in my mind represents taking a long hard look out into the beyond... and that is how I have come to my conclusion. Maybe after caring for his parents and losing them, or making a difficult decision to put them into nursing care. IMO, digging through his few memories is what will solves this case, along with the national attention which he was so blessed to receive from Dr Phil's show. So very many would hope for a few min of attention, and he was blessed with an hour almost exclusively.

    One last thought... and this is really not relevent to his identification, other than to say he is a hot hot hottie! .... ( late night Disney channel). He is very handsome... he has beautiful eyes... and it is very easy to see his good looks.. He is aging gracefully... I hope he is reading this and knows many of us females here, who are about 15-20 years younger than his estimated age think he is one fine looking man. On that note, I have to say this because it is driving me nuts! BK, can we ask you please comb your hair straight back? I mean no disrespect by that, but I think that side part makes you look older than you really are.

    Bk, if you read this, it is sooo easy to vision your face at a younger age... I see it more in my mind than the age regressed pictures. I vision you as a blonde child... who went darker in your teenage years. Your smile- your cheeks and chin are almost identical to my son and his father... My sons father is of English descent... 100% though several generations later. Have you considered doing the ancestry DNA test? It might be worth a shot...

    In BK's face, I do not see evidence of a 'rough' life which would have aged him beyond his years due to stress, drug or alcohol abuse... I see a man who is blessed with the grace of looking younger than his years... but some age evidence possibly due to wt. changes...

    BK, if you read this... you have a face like my dads... my dad is pushing 70 and for the last 30 years he has been mistaken for my sisters and I brother or boyfriend, Few with light hair, skin and blue eyes can be so blessed.

    I am praying for you! Keep your chin up, and we will get this mystery resolved.. hopefully sooner....
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118

    What a post!!!

    You are awesome, Cubby!!! You, Christine and I can start the first official groupie fan site for Mr. Kyle, lol.

    He has no recollection of driving a big rig but also pointed out that he has not really been given an opportunity to get into one lately. I am going to see if there is a way to see if he knows his way around the inside of one...we have a mod here who may have access to some of these vehicles...through work not because they have them parked behind their house, lol! Maybe we can set something up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Thoughts.... I don't know exactly what I think regarding a theory. My only thoughts are at the time Mr. Kyle was going through some type of transistion in his life, for which his family, friends, peers, coworkers might have thought he simply decided to stay put where he was at. His sexuality is of no importance, imo... nor is his lack of comments on the possibility of a family. What is important are his recollections, memories, work ethic. He said something about "I have no country" when commenting on the show regarding getting a SS number *if* he were to claim illegal alien status. That leads me to think his parents were born in the 20's. He may have been a late life child with older parents...

    IMO, he may not have faced a loss, but was rather looking to make a change of some sort which he thought long and hard about before making that decision. Especially with his work ethics. IMO, his comment about "went to see the ocean", in my mind represents taking a long hard look out into the beyond... and that is how I have come to my conclusion. Maybe after caring for his parents and losing them, or making a difficult decision to put them into nursing care. IMO, digging through his few memories is what will solves this case, along with the national attention which he was so blessed to receive from Dr Phil's show. So very many would hope for a few min of attention, and he was blessed with an hour almost exclusively.

    One last thought... and this is really not relevent to his identification, other than to say he is a hot hot hottie! .... ( late night Disney channel). He is very handsome... he has beautiful eyes... and it is very easy to see his good looks.. He is aging gracefully... I hope he is reading this and knows many of us females here, who are about 15-20 years younger than his estimated age think he is one fine looking man. On that note, I have to say this because it is driving me nuts! BK, can we ask you please comb your hair straight back? I mean no disrespect by that, but I think that side part makes you look older than you really are.

    Bk, if you read this, it is sooo easy to vision your face at a younger age... I see it more in my mind than the age regressed pictures. I vision you as a blonde child... who went darker in your teenage years. Your smile- your cheeks and chin are almost identical to my son and his father... My sons father is of English descent... 100% though several generations later. Have you considered doing the ancestry DNA test? It might be worth a shot...

    In BK's face, I do not see evidence of a 'rough' life which would have aged him beyond his years due to stress, drug or alcohol abuse... I see a man who is blessed with the grace of looking younger than his years... but some age evidence possibly due to wt. changes...

    BK, if you read this... you have a face like my dads... my dad is pushing 70 and for the last 30 years he has been mistaken for my sisters and I brother or boyfriend, Few with light hair, skin and blue eyes can be so blessed.

    I am praying for you! Keep your chin up, and we will get this mystery resolved.. hopefully sooner....
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,150
    Has Mr Kyle ever mentioned memories of skiing? Are his scars/injuries consistent with skiing? The memories he has of Colorado just now made me think of skiing. Also, can a person develop cataracts from the snow glare? I know, dumb questions that probably have no answers, but I just can't stop thinking about him.

    PS I agree that Mr Kyle has aged well! I wouldn't think he was a day over 45- he's handsome!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Benjaman Kyle - Those who need investigation - WE NEED YOUR HELP! #2
    By believe09 in forum Sleuth possible matches for Benjaman Kyle
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Replies: 445
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM