1203 users online (195 members and 1008 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 383
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbevins View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

    Burger King was not in a bad part of town at all. Richmond Hill is a fairly affluent area, in the three years that I lived there I never once saw a transient or witnessed any crimes. It (Burger King) is in your typical "restaurant row" right off of the exit. McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Arby's, KFC are all grouped in that area. There is also a truckstop right across the highway. VERY busy truckstop, might I add.
    K-wonder what would happen if someone didn't come back for their rig? What is the name of the truck stop and I will see if they have anyone working who was there in August 2004. Maybe getting them to put up a flyer about BK would help?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7
    It's a TA. (Travel Centers of America.)

    Their info:

    4401 US Highway 17, Richmond Hill - (912) 756-3381


    A flyer would be a great idea.

    Lots of hotels in the immediate area as well.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

    I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

    But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

    One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

    What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

    Am I insane or does this seem doable??
    I think your idea is doable- I just don't know what to do to help? From DIA (Denver International Airport), I have checked flights through Frontier Airlines, gotten quotes from American Airlines, gotten quotes from Southwest. I can't think of any cheap flights out of DIA at the present time. It seems like an expensive city to fly out of, IMO. One question that sticks with me is that BK could have been flying out of Denver to go to the ocean for business or pleasure, but I can't figure why no one would have reported a relative or business associate who didn't show up at the destination or come back from the trip. So far, I've searched using terms such as "missing business man" and "missing vacationer" and haven't found a single soul that seems right for BK. With the hurricane that was going through, I tried to find out if the Savannah airport was closed and couldn't find the information. I wondered if BK landed in Savannah and got caught up in a bad weather situation? Also, I want to apologize in advance for not being a fluent typist- I admire all of you for all your input, I only wish I was half as smart!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057

    Great news...

    I have the go ahead to get a flyer to the truck stops (El Cheapo and TA) and they will post them. Better news-the staff has been there for at least 11 years, so they might have first hand knowlege.

    I thought we had a flyer already made for our boy, but I cannot find one-if someone can whip one together I will send it out...otherwise I have BEGGED SieSie to try and put one together.

    Interestingly enough, and I am not trying to get too excited, the "boss" of the El Cheapo indicated that it was a good assumption that the amnesia victim would have passed through the truck stop and gone to BK to eat...she was floored that PD didn't check in with them in 2004...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbevins View Post
    It's a TA. (Travel Centers of America.)

    Their info:

    4401 US Highway 17, Richmond Hill - (912) 756-3381


    A flyer would be a great idea.

    Lots of hotels in the immediate area as well.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057
    Nope-WS does not require typing fluency or even posting ideas that are grammatically correct, thank goodness!!!!

    Thank you for checking even that much-it gives us another avenue to check into...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    I think your idea is doable- I just don't know what to do to help? From DIA (Denver International Airport), I have checked flights through Frontier Airlines, gotten quotes from American Airlines, gotten quotes from Southwest. I can't think of any cheap flights out of DIA at the present time. It seems like an expensive city to fly out of, IMO. One question that sticks with me is that BK could have been flying out of Denver to go to the ocean for business or pleasure, but I can't figure why no one would have reported a relative or business associate who didn't show up at the destination or come back from the trip. So far, I've searched using terms such as "missing business man" and "missing vacationer" and haven't found a single soul that seems right for BK. With the hurricane that was going through, I tried to find out if the Savannah airport was closed and couldn't find the information. I wondered if BK landed in Savannah and got caught up in a bad weather situation? Also, I want to apologize in advance for not being a fluent typist- I admire all of you for all your input, I only wish I was half as smart!
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,308
    Hi All,

    I have been reading about this case for awhile now and even went into my breakroom here at work to watch BK on Dr. Phil 2 weeks ago. (this is my first post on this case). My question is, other than this guy probably having a family, what about a house (mortgage payments, other debts - like car payments etc not being paid) I just find this rather odd that he hasn't been recognized at all...... What about co workers wondering where he's been???? (I know that has been mentioned in the above posts, it's just is so bizarre!!)

    Believe, you have been great at following leads on this case, anything new???

    chaddylex

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057
    Welcome-yes it is bizarre-where was he before 8/31/2004??????????????

    It is funny-I am looking at the add for background checks and it says "they always leave a trail...where is your trail, Mr. Kyle?

    Right now I am trying to get a flyer put together for the truck stops across from the site of the burger king-other than that I have nothing....

    Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Hi All,

    I have been reading about this case for awhile now and even went into my breakroom here at work to watch BK on Dr. Phil 2 weeks ago. (this is my first post on this case). My question is, other than this guy probably having a family, what about a house (mortgage payments, other debts - like car payments etc not being paid) I just find this rather odd that he hasn't been recognized at all...... What about co workers wondering where he's been???? (I know that has been mentioned in the above posts, it's just is so bizarre!!)

    Believe, you have been great at following leads on this case, anything new???

    chaddylex
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    As far as air--USAir, Delta, United, American, and Northwest all would have had flights from Denver to Savannah (I used to be a corp travel agent. )


    I like the amtrak angle, or he may have been "riding" the rails?? You know, like Kerouac...


    PS: One of the biggest food shows in the country is in Chicago. I wonder if he remembers being there?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    The Americas Food and Beverage show was in Miami, FL on Aug 1, 2004. If he was part of a western region, however, he probably would have attended the Western Food Service and Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, held August 31-Sep 1, 2004. Maybe he was supposed to go and did not make it? I have sent an email to the Savannah Visitors and Convention bureau requesting all conventions for Aug/Sep 2004. Maybe something will catch our eye. I also sent an email to the National Association of Specialty Food Trade, requesting a listing of all 2004 trade shows. Now I am off to go study for my mid-term....

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    As far as air--USAir, Delta, United, American, and Northwest all would have had flights from Denver to Savannah (I used to be a corp travel agent. )


    I like the amtrak angle, or he may have been "riding" the rails?? You know, like Kerouac...


    PS: One of the biggest food shows in the country is in Chicago. I wonder if he remembers being there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    The Americas Food and Beverage show was in Miami, FL on Aug 1, 2004. If he was part of a western region, however, he probably would have attended the Western Food Service and Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, held August 31-Sep 1, 2004. Maybe he was supposed to go and did not make it? I have sent an email to the Savannah Visitors and Convention bureau requesting all conventions for Aug/Sep 2004. Maybe something will catch our eye. I also sent an email to the National Association of Specialty Food Trade, requesting a listing of all 2004 trade shows. Now I am off to go study for my mid-term....
    I bow to your greatness, all of you....hard to believe this crowd (meaning WSers) cannot dig up his ID!!!!!
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    As far as air--USAir, Delta, United, American, and Northwest all would have had flights from Denver to Savannah (I used to be a corp travel agent. )


    I like the amtrak angle, or he may have been "riding" the rails?? You know, like Kerouac...


    PS: One of the biggest food shows in the country is in Chicago. I wonder if he remembers being there?
    Since you are familiar with a travel angle, could it be plausible to think a plane may have had to cancel a connecting flight from Savannah to Miami if the hurricane at the time (Aug 2004) were creating problems with air travel? (The travel I was checking was personal and geared to the future, not for the past, thank you for giving the names of more airlines that serve or served DIA...)

    Amtrak is a good idea too.

    You are all really great minds~thanks for letting me be among you!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Yes, it is quite possible, but I do not know how you would determine that. Maybe by contacting SAV (Savannah Intl Airport) They may have records of that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    Since you are familiar with a travel angle, could it be plausible to think a plane may have had to cancel a connecting flight from Savannah to Miami if the hurricane at the time (Aug 2004) were creating problems with air travel? (The travel I was checking was personal and geared to the future, not for the past, thank you for giving the names of more airlines that serve or served DIA...)

    Amtrak is a good idea too.

    You are all really great minds~thanks for letting me be among you!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

    I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

    But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

    One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

    What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

    Am I insane or does this seem doable??
    the restaurant industry is a tight community. i believe the National Restaurant Assoc. still has a monthly magazine. see if you can get his face in there. the food industry also includes, schools, hospitals, nursing homes etc... all distributors have food shows. usually 2 big ones each year. it is put on by distributors, the vendors all have booths and restaurant owners, school lunch ladies etc...come to them. GFS has an annual show in the fall in Ft. Wayne along w/ other cities.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Believe--

    Did that woman say which show she was attending in Orlando? If so, we may be able to get a vendor list at least. It looks like there is an International Food Service Technology in Orlando in Feb--I will see if they had one there in 2004.

    Update: The FS/Tech 2004 was in Orlando, but not until Oct.



    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

    I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

    But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

    One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

    What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

    Am I insane or does this seem doable??

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,057

    Another avenue...

    OK- you guys got me thinkin about what would happen if you just disappeared and you had bank accounts, an apartment or house etc...so I checked for missing tenants in Denver 2004...long shot lol. BUT-I came upon this website:
    http://www.colorado.gov/treasury/gcp/

    It lists all of the "found money"-dormant bank accounts, tax refunds etc...OK so you have to search by last name and nothing came up under Benjaman but a 43.00 HUD refund...

    HOWEVER-there is a link to search for pension money AND it lists out all of the beneficiaries by name and last known address....depending on BK's age and the pension, he would be eligible to take distribution of any pension money that might be his...so what are your thoughts? Anyone? I did a cursory check and used the companies as my guide. This might be a good place to see if we can at least see if any listed beneficiaries were reported missing or dead on the SSDI???
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Benjaman Kyle - Those who need investigation - WE NEED YOUR HELP! #2
    By believe09 in forum Sleuth possible matches for Benjaman Kyle
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Replies: 445
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM