1255 users online (260 members and 995 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MA - Taylor Meyer, 17, Norfolk, 17 Oct 2008

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/...etts_taylo.php

Taylor Meyer, age 17, went to an underage drinking party on the night of Friday, Oct. 17, 2008. She hasn't been seen since. The last anyone heard from her was a phone call in which she repeated the word, "plane."

See also:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...72/detail.html

Missing/Located Discussion thread:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73485
    Last edited by SteveHuff; 10-19-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Add discussion thread link

MA - Taylor Meyer, 17, Norfolk, 17 Oct 2008

Information thread here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...55#post2839555

Blog post:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/...etts_taylo.php

Taylor disappeared Friday night. Some friends say she called them that night saying something about a "plane," and then they didn't hear from her again. This one is weird and mysterious already.

Having that one post removed at True Crime Report and the discussion about it is intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Having that one post removed at True Crime Report and the discussion about it is intriguing!

I came here hoping to find out what was removed. Anyone know what the missing piece is here?

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I came here hoping to find out what was removed. Anyone know what the missing piece is here?
    Surely someone must know. Someone, someone . . . who could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Surely someone must know. Someone, someone . . . who could it be?
    Well I hope "someone" hurry ups and posts it here soon.....

I came here looking to see what was removed from the true crime post as well. Surely, someone saw it before it was taken down...

Thanks, Steve.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

How frightening she went missing from an airport! She could be anywhere by now. What are high school kids doing drinking at the airport anyway? Hangar party? I take it this isn't a large airport? More details!!

I am thinking the part he removed isn't really pertinent to her being missing...at least yet or he would not have removed it. Like he said, it will probably come up again if she isn't found soon. Her history will be splashed all over the internet sadly.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    How frightening she went missing from an airport! She could be anywhere by now. What are high school kids doing drinking at the airport anyway? Hangar party? I take it this isn't a large airport? More details!!

I am thinking the part he removed isn't really pertinent to her being missing...at least yet or he would not have removed it. Like he said, it will probably come up again if she isn't found soon. Her history will be splashed all over the internet sadly.
    What makes this even more peculiar is that this particular airport is not in use, to my understanding anyway. I really think there is more to this story, disappearing from a house party strikes me as very unusual.

So if she called a friend saying "plane", hopefully that means she had a cell. I wonder if it's still pinging there.

For anyone interested in gaining a perspective on the Norfolk Airport, the following has both photos and information:

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/MA/Airfields_MA_C.htm

The airport is basically a single landing strip located within a wooded yet residential area and near bodies of water. It is also listed as "closed indefinitely". Very curious.

These circumstances are definately strange, I looked around online and it doesn't seem that there are any planes at all there anymore. It seems to be abandoned for quite a while.

I am wondering the whole story about her friend getting a call from her and hearing the word plane. Something seems more suspicious here. Also it isn't clear on if she was reported missing one day after last seen or 1 week after last being seen.

On a video on myfoxboston.com there is a video that says a little time was lost in the beginning because of some confusion on where she was. I would think if they meant the next day after the party that she was reported missing that it wouldnt have really have been time lost compared to if they are talking about a whole week.

Also if she is a senior and she missed a whole week of school I can't see someone not noticing that sooner than a week...I will hopefully have more understanding after more is released.

Kel
    Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by dimples37398 View Post

Also it isn't clear on if she was reported missing one day after last seen or 1 week after last being seen.

Also if she is a senior and she missed a whole week of school I can't see someone not noticing that sooner than a week...I will hopefully have more understanding after more is released.

Kel
    She was last seen two days ago (Oct 17, or if you count early morning, then Oct 18 -- yesterday.), so it obviously wasn't a week before it was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Saavy View Post
    I came here looking to see what was removed from the true crime post as well. Surely, someone saw it before it was taken down...
    I've saved it, thinking I might put it back in the post, eventually. I honestly didn't think it belonged, but I also knew people would look for it and put it out there anyway. Here's the paragraph I excised:

As a side note, if police suspect Taylor's friends of having more knowledge about her disappearance than they want to admit, they might want to start here, in an online community that seems devoted to gossip between students at Taylor's school, King Philip Regional High. It may be totally irrelevant now, 3 years later, but when Taylor was still in 8th grade, there were some students expressing some pretty ugly sentiments about her. A few of them may be feeling some serious regret about their words tonight.

I tried to tell a pi**y commenter on the blog that it's going to show up no matter how relevant or irrelevant they think it is. If Taylor is gone from foul play and the case stays unsolved, the police might be curious, even about 4-yr-old feuds.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast