Who Could Relish Bullets in a Hot Dog?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Doctors on Tuesday were monitoring a woman who said she bit into one bullet — and swallowed another — embedded in a hot dog at an Irvine warehouse store.

"At first I thought it was part of my braces," Olivia Chanes, 31, of Mission Viejo said in Spanish about the live 9-millimeter cartridges she encountered at a Costco store. A store spokesman declined to comment.

Irvine Police Lt. Jeff Love said officers were summoned Sunday after Chanes reported having bitten the bullet in a hot dog from the store's food stand. "We have no idea where it came from," he said.

Police cut several dozen Hebrew National hot dogs — the store's entire inventory — into pieces looking for other possible contaminants, but "nothing else was found, and there were no other complaints," he said. "It's a very strange occurrence, and obviously, we're very concerned."

Chanes said she developed stomach pains and went to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo, where an X-ray revealed the second bullet. "I think it's the most secure way for a bullet to enter your body," she told La Opinion newspaper. "If a bullet's going to be in your stomach, at least it didn't pierce the skin to get there."

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-hotdog5may05.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back