1145 users online (214 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Kameron Wells, 5, Alexandria, 19 Oct 2008

Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Boy

An Amber Alert has been issued for a 5-year-old child last seen Sunday morning in Alexandria.

Police said Kameron Deveaux Wells is in extreme danger and was likely abducted in the area of the 6200 block of Little River Turnpike in Alexandria.

Authorities said the child disappeared while shopping with his grandfather at the Shoppers Food Warehouse at the Plaza At Landmark

The boy was last seen at about 11 a.m. inside the store. The grandfather said he turned into an aisle, looked back, and his grandson was not there.

He looked for the boy for about 40 minutes and then contacted police.

Police are searching the store, parking lot, and via helicopter and with dogs.

More: http://www.nbc4.com/news/17758281/detail.html

There has been an update through WJLA... report is that they have an image of whom they think is Kameron. It was picked up on a security camera around 11:24 am, and looks to be Kameron walking hand-in-hand with what looks to be a woman. Unfortunately, I can't find the darn image online... will keep checking the various sites...

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1008/562663.html

praying he is found safe .. poor little angel must be scared his grandfather must just be beside himself

Wow. Thank you Elphaba. That certainly appears to be Kameron. The boy's sweatshirt doesn't look gray, but the jeans and shoes match. Hopefully this woman doesn't harm him. Someone out there has to know who that is. Praying for Kameron.

WJLA said that LE is stepping up the search through the night... searching woods and creeks, as well as going door to door. (It is the 2nd night of freezing weather in the DC/MD/VA metro area... great to hear that they are going to keep searching through the night)

He is not fighting the woman such as pulling away from her. Almost as if he knows her--although the police made no mention of the fact that this could be a family abduction. She may have told him that she was taking him to his Grandpa. I hope he is found safe soon!
    Here's what happened...

Also, within the report, the reporter said that someone reported seeing what they think was Kameron talking to a man and woman before the security cam pic happened.

Quote Originally Posted by doonerinohio View Post
    He is not fighting the woman such as pulling away from her. Almost as if he knows her--although the police made no mention of the fact that this could be a family abduction. She may have told him that she was taking him to his Grandpa. I hope he is found safe soon!
    He has been missing for 12 hours... from my understanding the Amber Alert wasn't issued until after 9pm... there is a good 10 hour window that worries me.

I hope this little boy is ok... As much as we try to instill not talking to strangers in our kids, I can see them not fully grasping the concept if someone is nice, or if they say hi.

I hope they have better survellience pictures and someone can identify this woman!

Prayers for a safe return.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

My daughter is a good mom, but she has a habit of doing the same thing this gfa did- walking ahead of her son a few paces and letting him follow behind. It drives me crazy because we all know what can happen. She thinks I'm being paranoid.

I'm offering up prayers for Kamron's safe return and courage for his family.

NCMEC's AMBER Alert for Kameron has been taken down. Says its been cancelled. Anyone heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    NCMEC's AMBER Alert for Kameron has been taken down. Says its been cancelled. Anyone heard anything?
    No, but I will see what I can find...

FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...7330&catid=158

*snip*

According to DC police sources, a lieutenant was flagged down at the intersection by two men who reported that a woman had the child from Virginia whose picture had been on TV. The lieutenant was able to safely get the boy and arrest the woman. A 9NEWS NOW crew saw the woman detained in the back of a police car. Police believe she met the description of the woman scene in surveillance video holding the boy's hand and walking in front of an ice cream shop in the Plaza at Landmark on Route 236 at Beauregard Street.

THANK GOD he is okay!!!!!! Such great news. I wonder what posessed that woman to take him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast