Pre-School Bus Overturns in Newark, NJ

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Fox is reporting that a bus carrying 31 pre-schoolers returning from a field trip to an apple picking (?) excursion has overturned. There are children hurt, but no word on injuries or fatalities. :(

I think the children and their parents need our positive thoughts and prayers right now. How frightening!

I'm watching it too and praying. I can't imagine the fear and concern of the parents of those children.

Omg! The little kids must have been so scared. I can identify with how scared the parents must have been as my son rides a bus everyday to a special school. The bus ride is a little over 1 hour each way. This is my biggest fear, especially with the bad fog coming. It seems like there have been so many school bus accidents in the past 12 months. Every day when the bus leaves I say a prayer. I will be praying for these children and their families too.

my kids mom; I will keep your little one in my thoughts and prayers as well as the children who will involved in this crash.

It is wonderful that no one was seriously injured!! Thank Goodness!! I am sure they were scared, but they are very lucky! Someone must have been watching over them today. :)

The good news is they are going to start finally putting seat belts and making the seats taller on school buses. It can't come soon enough. I have been railing about this for 20 years.

Oh my, that would be any parents' worst nightmare. They are so little. Thank goodness they are safe.

My son-in-law was coming back to Florida from Pennsylvania yesterday. The first part of his trip was by bus to the airport. He was on a charter bus and saw the accident. He and another guy on his bus forced the driver of their bus to stop, so they could get out and help the kids get out. He was still cussing up a storm telling me how they got the driver to stop, and he never uses profanity. He was still freaked out last night when he got home and told me about this. They got the driver out first, then broke a hatch on the top of the bus and started grabbing the kids. They were all totally hysterical. He and the other guy got all the kids out before the authorities got there to treat them, and then they just got back on their bus and left for the airport.

What is funny about this is that this is the third time that I know of that this 30 year old father of 5 has stopped and rescued someone from an overturned vehicle. I keep telling him he should have been a fireman or something.

God bless your son for doing that. I bet there were other cars/buses just passing on by.

I'm glad none of the children were seriously hurt. I bet your son and the other man getting them out quickly had something to do with that. I can't imagine all those little ones screaming and crying to get out; they could have accidentally hurt each other.

From what he said everyone was understandably hysterical, screaming that the bus might blow up, etc. He said there was no fire or anything like that, just a lot of terrified little ones. He just wanted to help them in any way possible. I don't think he saved anyone from actually being hurt, just got them out of what had to be a really scary situation. His adrenline was still going strong at nine last night.

He is a really great guy, and has 5 kids of his own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back