Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 439
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    My first, "Huh, what's this?" was early on, when LA announced that they'd thrown away all the stuffed toys/animals that people had been sending them because some of them smelled like cigarette smoke and the A's weren't smokers.

    Until then, I rather liked and respected him, but that needless statement of his made me go "Huh? What?!"

    I couldn't imagine why he would want to publicly insult all the well-meaning donors, smokers and non-smokers, by showing contempt for their gifts. That indicated to me that he had a streak of arrogant superiority along with a cold indifference to the feelings of others. (Remind you of anyone else in the family?")

    Anyway, I tried to ignore that feeling about him because he seemed to be honest and cooperative with LE. As we've learned more about him, I'm back to my original conclusion and worse.

    Oh and btw, I'm Friday and I've been lurking and learning here for many weeks.
    Welcome!
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL area
    Posts
    2,406
    It wasn't a light bulb moment for me, it was a bow my head and weep moment - when I heard about the chloroform.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I would like to start this thread for things that make us say HUH? I would prefer that this not be a debate on topics but just things that make the hinkey meter go off weather you believe Caylee is alive or not.

    Here is mine.

    Since the beginning of this mess started we have seen what appears to be a dramatic weight loss of CA and GA also does not look well, But if you look back at any past photos of KC she still looks like she has been eating and sleeping well,,,How could that be, How could what the family claims to be a loving and devoted mother continue to look like she is doing so well?Even if her child was kidnapped how could you carry on like nothing is wrong? And if you were the one that was responsible for her death and also responsible for hiding her little body, how could you carry on like nothing is wrong?

    I just dont get it...If this was my child and it had been this long I would look like I had aged 50 years and lost 100lbs..

    Anyone else with other things that have not yet been discussed that makes you say HUH?
    Kimmer,

    It's amazing that you bring up about her weight,because just this morning I was thinking the exact same thing. Most people under stress (and in this case I would say severe stress),lose weight,bags under eyes,just an all around "carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders" look. I don't see that in Casey.


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The city of rain and coffee....
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    Kimmer,

    It's amazing that you bring up about her weight,because just this morning I was thinking the exact same thing. Most people under stress (and in this case I would say severe stress),lose weight,bags under eyes,just an all around "carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders" look. I don't see that in Casey.
    No, in fact, we see her barely able to squeeze into her jeans now.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMommy09 View Post
    The pic's showing a smiling Casey partying at Fusian days after Caylee went missing. No loving mother could pull off a smile like that.

    The fact that Casey was using stolen checks from her friend, to purchase beer and groceries at Target (once again, after Caylee went missing) and then proceeding to cook dinner for her boyfriend.
    I totally agree with the points that you made. As a mom, I cant imagine trying to smile, eat, sleep, carry on as usual WHILE my daughter was missing. There was not a worry on her face while stealing from her best friend to buy beer, food and lingerie for her new "boyfriend".

    Congrats on expecting your first bundle of joy. Enjoy every second. I did and 22 years still flew by. Seems like just yesterday I brought my baby home LOL.


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,990
    A lightbulb went off in my mind when I listened to the jail call between Kristina and KC:

    Kristina: If anything happened to that baby I will die (emotionally)

    KC: Oh well, calling you guys a waste, a huge waste

    Also same call:

    KC: All they (her family) care about is finding Caylee

    Good job, Kristina.
    Last edited by Oakley; 10-20-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The city of rain and coffee....
    Posts
    2,147
    I've had many lightbulb moments about case over the last 3 months. And I just had another one a minute ago:

    "Eyewitness News is taking a look inside the Orange County jail at a day in the life of Casey. Casey can have photographs on her shelf if she wants, but Eyewitness News was told there are no photographs, not even of Caylee."

    http://www.wftv.com/news/17764362/detail.html


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    118
    Mine was when I reversed the speach when Casey stated in the 911 phone call and in the interview with LE where she named Zenaida as the person that took her daughter. She says Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez and in the reverse both times it says Zenaida Fernandez.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    flush flush
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I would like to start this thread for things that make us say HUH?
    Good idea for a thread!

    For me, a big moment was when Padilla got Casey out on bond. Before that she had pretended her silence was necessary because she "feared" someone and that if she was released, she would assist Padilla in finding Caylee. When she refused to talk, and Padilla later said she was completely uncooperative while she had his resources at her disposal, I let go of my 1% hope Casey could be telling the truth re: kidnapping.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5
    One thing that makes me go HUH and get a little agitated is: the media and the Anthony family keep referring to Caylee as a "3 year old". Her mother made sure she wouldnt see her third birthday and therefore she will forever be 2 years old. It's just a little thing, but really annoying.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    307
    My lightbulb moment was the first jail phone call from Casey to her family. I was shocked at how utterly disreptful she was to CA & even to Kristina, who was balling her eyes out! Huge effing waste!

    Oh, and who could forget this little nugget?

    "All you care about is getting Caylee back"


  12. #27
    Laece's Avatar
    Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    I was explained later by (I forget whom). She was speaking of the visit to Universal with LE.

    we don't really know that for sure, that's only speculation. i think it could be something totally different than that, personally.

    the only 'huh' i have that no one else has said is the fact that CA had no connection with the 'nanny' whatsoever, but for a different reason than just 'she's her grandmother, she should know the child's baby-sitter.'

    i find it very hard to believe that casey would never have asked her parents to pick up or drop off caylee at a baby-sitter's, claiming to work late or whatever other excuse she could think of to get out of her responsibilities. no way. she shirked everything else, but always managed to get caylee from the sitter on time? please.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

    just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

    You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

    You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.



    Just stop it, Casey.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    My lightbulb moment started immediately when I heard that Caylee was missing for 31 days and KC never reported her missing. I have had too many lightbulb moments to mention since that time. If this is not a DP case, I don't know what is.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    There have been a lot of duhhhhhhhhs in this case but one which just keeps ringing in my ears is the chlorine buckets for the pool.


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In my own little world...
    Posts
    291
    I just don't get the A's at all. Denial I can understand to a point but this has just gone on too long. I believe that CA is a big part of the problem - I truly feel that she could get KC to tell the truth, but CA selfishly cannot hear it at this time...
    Poor Caylee is out of the woods, but you are not KC!!!
    KC, you said you were moving out and getting your own place to live and for once you weren't lying - Home Sweet Jail Cell, LOL!


Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let There Be Light!: Village Has Solar Light For First Time!
    By SeriouslySearching in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •