Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 439

Thread: Light bulb moments

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    319
    My lightbulb moment was the first jail phone call from Casey to her family. I was shocked at how utterly disreptful she was to CA & even to Kristina, who was balling her eyes out! Huge effing waste!

    Oh, and who could forget this little nugget?

    "All you care about is getting Caylee back"

  2. #27
    Laece's Avatar
    Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    I was explained later by (I forget whom). She was speaking of the visit to Universal with LE.

    we don't really know that for sure, that's only speculation. i think it could be something totally different than that, personally.

    the only 'huh' i have that no one else has said is the fact that CA had no connection with the 'nanny' whatsoever, but for a different reason than just 'she's her grandmother, she should know the child's baby-sitter.'

    i find it very hard to believe that casey would never have asked her parents to pick up or drop off caylee at a baby-sitter's, claiming to work late or whatever other excuse she could think of to get out of her responsibilities. no way. she shirked everything else, but always managed to get caylee from the sitter on time? please.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

    just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

    You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

    You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.



    Just stop it, Casey.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,933
    My lightbulb moment started immediately when I heard that Caylee was missing for 31 days and KC never reported her missing. I have had too many lightbulb moments to mention since that time. If this is not a DP case, I don't know what is.

  4. #29
    There have been a lot of duhhhhhhhhs in this case but one which just keeps ringing in my ears is the chlorine buckets for the pool.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In my own little world...
    Posts
    296
    I just don't get the A's at all. Denial I can understand to a point but this has just gone on too long. I believe that CA is a big part of the problem - I truly feel that she could get KC to tell the truth, but CA selfishly cannot hear it at this time...
    Poor Caylee is out of the woods, but you are not KC!!!
    KC, you said you were moving out and getting your own place to live and for once you weren't lying - Home Sweet Jail Cell, LOL!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    20
    For me, it was absolutely the 31 days. I have a 9 yr old and there is NO WAY I could go one hour without knowing where and how he was, never mind 31 days!


    Then there are all the lies.....working at Universal, Apt 210 (or was it the park??), the smell in the car, partying like nothing was wrong. It blows my mind that anyone believes her!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis396 View Post
    No, in fact, we see her barely able to squeeze into her jeans now.
    IMO she's fattening up for her hibernation - loooong time in prison, the way that squirrels do when they stock up on their acorns for the winter!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    916

    MsMacGyver

    Great idea for a thread..My biggest moment to date and one I can't seem to wrap my head around even now is KC out partying..I still try to think of a good reason that would justify her doing this but there isn't one so far. I kept telling myself there has to something to her story..she has to know that Caylee is safe somewhere otherwise how could any sane person do this?????
    The other biggie was the high five moment...Could make me a sponser for a linch mob...

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    There are more light bulb moments on this case than a Hollywood red carpet event.

    1. 31 days, and granny doesn't ever once press.
    2. Lee getting Casey's things from Tony's apartment, needing 2 1/2 hours to do so, no LE involvement.
    3. Cindy admitting to taking the money in her 8/1 interview, justifying it by saying Casey has stolen so much from her.
    4. Lee and George's similar story about gas cans on the 24th. Quite convenient that they pick that date and neither of them mention an odor, which would have been brewing by then.
    5. LE's insistence that Lee has been nothing but helpful from the get-go, yet we see less than helpful things from him. (receipts, but only those he feels like sharing, dumping stuffed animals that "smell" instead of donating them to another charity at the very minimum, his lack of visible support for the family in the past week...which really only raises my hinky meter but I can't really substantiate that he isn't in contact with them, Lee out there doing his own investigation, Lee's strange conversation about Casey being at Universal, his refusal for DNA...which is a civil right if you aren't charged with a crime and without a warrant but in the case of a missing child, why would you force it to become warrant-driven?, I could go on....)
    6. Casey being allowed to go to her lawyer's office for hours every day while out on bail for the child neglect charges, knowing full well she was preparing for (and admittedly they were doing this) her criminal charge of first degree murder...guess it isn't hinky as much as bullcrap.
    7. Cindy.

    oh, I could spend all night with this.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The city of rain and coffee....
    Posts
    2,305
    How about not ONE tear shed for her "missing" baby girl? Not ONE single tear. Zero. Nada. Zip.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    916

    MsMacGyver

    Quote Originally Posted by WendyL37 View Post
    IMO she's fattening up for her hibernation - loooong time in prison, the way that squirrels do when they stock up on their acorns for the winter!
    Squirrels forget after about 10 minutes where they hid their nuts...Seems like KC has alot in common with squirrels...

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
    the conversation early on between Lee and Casey, where she is describing losing the cellphone and she states she was up at Universal...he says for fun or work, she says not for fun (i'm paraphrasing here)...Lee knew what she was talking about...

    i never could figure out a plausible explanation for this particular dialog.
    That was a very strange conversation between the two.

    I guess my light bulb moment came when CA's story changed from the car smelling like there had been a dead body in it to "there was no odor."

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,685
    For me it was hearing CA in the 911 call stating that Caylee was missing and clearly with panic in her voice stating the car smelled like a dead body, and then claiming it was rotten pizza.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis396 View Post
    No, in fact, we see her barely able to squeeze into her jeans now.
    This is a really good point. Cindy looks thin and worn. George looks thin and worn. Casey struts and waggles non-plussed, with what appears to be a little extra 'junk in the trunk,' in more ways than one.

    How many light bulbs does it take to light Orlando? That's how many have gone off for me since this mess started. It began with 31 days and lit up like Las Vegas from there.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,685

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    That was a very strange conversation between the two.

    I guess my light bulb moment came when CA's story changed from the car smelling like there had been a dead body in it to "there was no odor."
    Hey sorry, I didn't mean to copy you--i guess you posted while I was writing. Just goes to show you, brilliant minds think alike!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    This is a really good point. Cindy looks thin and worn. George looks thin and worn. Casey struts and waggles non-plussed, with what appears to be a little extra 'junk in the trunk,' in more ways than one.

    How many light bulbs does it take to light Orlando? That's how many have gone off for me since this mess started. It began with 31 days and lit up like Las Vegas from there.
    She had her face carefully made up the day she was indicted. 'Nuff said.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    My first, "Huh, what's this?" was early on, when LA announced that they'd thrown away all the stuffed toys/animals that people had been sending them because some of them smelled like cigarette smoke and the A's weren't smokers.

    Until then, I rather liked and respected him, but that needless statement of his made me go "Huh? What?!"

    I couldn't imagine why he would want to publicly insult all the well-meaning donors, smokers and non-smokers, by showing contempt for their gifts. That indicated to me that he had a streak of arrogant superiority along with a cold indifference to the feelings of others. (Remind you of anyone else in the family?")

    Anyway, I tried to ignore that feeling about him because he seemed to be honest and cooperative with LE. As we've learned more about him, I'm back to my original conclusion and worse.

    Oh and btw, I'm Friday and I've been lurking and learning here for many weeks.
    The Anthonys have been consistent in one thing - slapping people who have good hearts and are concerned about Caylee in the face. Then they wonder WHY people are so against them.

    Remember the old adage about not biting the hand that feeds you? Well the Anthonys don't just bite, they chomp and they do it in public so it easily verified.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,192
    A lot of the very early LE stuff didn't bother me- why they didn't take the car right away, why they didn't take everything from TLs house the first night. If ya think, LE probably gets a ton of ridiculous family disputes, at first it probably just looked like a snotty 22 year old trying to piss her mom off. How could they have known it would turn into this?

    Lightbulb moment: When Casey took LE to Universal and she ... didn't have a job for 2 years. And NO ONE knew. a) How do you pull that off without getting caught? b) What were you doing all day?!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    There are more light bulb moments on this case than a Hollywood red carpet event.

    1. 31 days, and granny doesn't ever once press.
    2. Lee getting Casey's things from Tony's apartment, needing 2 1/2 hours to do so, no LE involvement.
    3. Cindy admitting to taking the money in her 8/1 interview, justifying it by saying Casey has stolen so much from her.
    4. Lee and George's similar story about gas cans on the 24th. Quite convenient that they pick that date and neither of them mention an odor, which would have been brewing by then.
    5. LE's insistence that Lee has been nothing but helpful from the get-go, yet we see less than helpful things from him. (receipts, but only those he feels like sharing, dumping stuffed animals that "smell" instead of donating them to another charity at the very minimum, his lack of visible support for the family in the past week...which really only raises my hinky meter but I can't really substantiate that he isn't in contact with them, Lee out there doing his own investigation, Lee's strange conversation about Casey being at Universal, his refusal for DNA...which is a civil right if you aren't charged with a crime and without a warrant but in the case of a missing child, why would you force it to become warrant-driven?, I could go on....)
    6. Casey being allowed to go to her lawyer's office for hours every day while out on bail for the child neglect charges, knowing full well she was preparing for (and admittedly they were doing this) her criminal charge of first degree murder...guess it isn't hinky as much as bullcrap.
    7. Cindy.

    oh, I could spend all night with this.
    Yep...there are too many "hinky meter" moments in this case. Your list is just the tip of the iceburg. First and foremost would be the 31 days. Unbelievable!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    113
    I noticed that Caylee looked heavier this past month, and wondered how she could eat, when her parents are melting down to their high school weight. And...I went "HUH" when Lee Anthony and Casey went out to his car to talk privately. He knows more than he has told the media and LE, and I am always going "Huh" about him not wanting his parents or himself to give up their DNA. Could he be the father?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis396 View Post
    No, in fact, we see her barely able to squeeze into her jeans now.
    I'm wondering if she is pregnant. Can you imagine?!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,177
    When Casey never once asked in her calls home whether LE had made any progress finding Caylee. Any other mother's first words on every call would be, "Any news yet??!!"

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,911
    Why did Cindy & George get so defensive when they learned that there was evidence of human decomposition in the trunk?

    Their Granddaughter is missing.......You would think that information would make them panic but instead they choose to make excuses?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    My lightbulb moment was the first jail phone call from Casey to her family. I was shocked at how utterly disreptful she was to CA & even to Kristina, who was balling her eyes out! Huge effing waste!

    Oh, and who could forget this little nugget?

    "All you care about is getting Caylee back"

    This was my moment too. This was no mother who was missing her child!

  25. #50
    31 days. That sums it up.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

    In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let There Be Light!: Village Has Solar Light For First Time!
    By SeriouslySearching in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •