GUILTY LA - Dorothy Hey, 60, found buried in locked box, Lake Arthur, 14 Oct 2008

I have a sneaking feeling that this murder was about the children inheriting a small amount of money or property and they wanted to hasten it. The lady seemed to be self sufficient/independent. Brat, murderous children. I am glad LE got suspicious of these ingrates and charged them.

Poor woman.

BTW and totally OT, did anyone else have problems reading that news article? It was one of the most poorly written I've ever come across. Someone needs to go back to grammar school.

Poor woman.

BTW and totally OT, did anyone else have problems reading that news article? It was one of the most poorly written I've ever come across. Someone needs to go back to grammar school.

I read the article twice and still couldn't really make heads or tails of it. The daughter who called LE is charged with 2nd degree murder but might be charged with obstruction of justice....is it one or the other or both? Did the one daughter commit the murder too and the other people help get rid of the body or are they all involved? The article isn't clear at all. The title leads a person to believe that her "children" murdered her. It doesn't even say what the motive was. I can't believe some of the journalists they hire now days.

What a sad, sad story!

Oh and I agree! One of the worst written news articles - ever!!!

I read the article twice and still couldn't really make heads or tails of it. The daughter who called LE is charged with 2nd degree murder but might be charged with obstruction of justice....is it one or the other or both? Did the one daughter commit the murder too and the other people help get rid of the body or are they all involved? The article isn't clear at all. The title leads a person to believe that her "children" murdered her. It doesn't even say what the motive was. I can't believe some of the journalists they hire now days.

I think it's both charges... Obstruction could be added to the other charge.

The other daughter, her husband and the other guy were arrested for "tampering with evidence".

Poor woman.

Ok, thank you, I thought it was me. I'm still on my first cup of coffee for the day and thought maybe my brain hasn't woken up yet! :confused: But it is a sad, horrible story! Some people.

From September 2009:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/clev...cle_06083f6f-3360-5511-a44e-9291219045a2.html

Roseann Duhon Klumpp, 37, of Lake Arthur, La. pled guilty on Wednesday, September 23, to a manslaughter charge... in the death of her mother Dorothy Mae Hey, 60. Klumpp was sentenced to 23 years in prison for Hey’s October 2008 murder...

Klumpp then enlisted her sister, Betty Jean Fulton, 43, and her brother-in-law, Robert Lee Fulton, 39, to help bury the body in a four-foot-deep hole behind their home. A house guest of the Fulton’s, Gordon Michael Hall, 22, of Wakefield, R.I., also participated in the digging.

The Fultons pled to guilty to tampering with evidence in January 2009. Each of them was sentenced to five years in prison. Hall also entered a guilty plea to one count of tampering with evidence. He received 10 years of probation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back