1110 users online (240 members and 870 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

People Magazine, October 27, 2008

I don't see a thread for the new issue of People magazine, with the headline "A Mom's Web of Lies."

There's nothing that posters here don't already know in it and it leaves out a lot we do know, but the Anthony's were very displeased with the article in the August issue. I wonder what they'll say about this one?

It's got a picture of Casey strutting, a box showing her "snot head" conversation with Rusciano, the hanging bear cartoon, surveillance pictures of her at BoA and Target, a brief timeline, a box listing four of her biggest lies, and it ends with the line from Capt. Nieves, "The answers lie with Casey."

I have the same magazine. I thought they were suppose to show the "grainy" pic of "Caylee sighting" but they didn't. That's why I got the magazine. I think it was channel 9 that said they were going to have that pic in there. Oh well. Just wanted to see for myself that it wasn't her.

Wonder what the A's think of THIS issue?

I didn't buy the magazine but since you guys did, can you answer a question. Someone was saying on here yesterday that the article says the chloroform searches were from BEFORE Caylee was gone. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by sha-sha View Post
    I didn't buy the magazine but since you guys did, can you answer a question. Someone was saying on here yesterday that the article says the chloroform searches were from BEFORE Caylee was gone. Is that true?
    Yes, its timeline shows those searches taking place before Caylee went missing.

I got the same mag I havent read it all yet but i did look at the pic of Cindy and George theres somethin bout it i dont like i just cant put finger on it.

A couple weeks after the first article came out I tried reading it on line at People.com but got nothing. After several attempts I did get the cover to come up, the caption read 'cover preview'. That was all I could find.

At the time I wondered if the A's had threatened to file a slander or defamation suit against the magazine. I guess that is no longer a problem.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    A couple weeks after the first article came out I tried reading it on line at People.com but got nothing. After several attempts I did get the cover to come up, the caption read 'cover preview'. That was all I could find.

At the time I wondered if the A's had threatened to file a slander or defamation suit against the magazine. I guess that is no longer a problem.
    In order constitute slander or libel, the statements have to be provably untrue, IIRC

Then, there's the question of velue of reputation. I read that a British court found for the plaintiff in a libel case, and awarded him the value of his rep. One pound.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Well, that is something I didn't know was confirmed.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

I thought that Cindy was referring to this upcoming article when she said she felt 'duped'
    by People mag. She wasn't consulted or asked to contribute for this one.

http://www.local6.com/news/17738129/detail.html
    Last edited by Openmyeyes; 10-21-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added link
    God Bless Jorelys

She was asked by local6 about this article and says she felt duped after the first one.

I bet she'll comment that "she never work with them again".

Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, OSCO, Nancy Grace....I'd say People Mag is in good company.
    God Bless Jorelys

There has been much misinfo and confusion spread, by both the media and in turn here, re dates files were created (10/22/07 I believe) vs when they were last written to. To my knowledge LE hasn't released aall of the actual dates searches were done. JMO

If that is correct, that will go a LONG way to proving premeditation.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Openmyeyes View Post
    She was asked by local6 about this article and says she felt duped after the first one.

I bet she'll comment that "she never work with them again".

Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, OSCO, Nancy Grace....I'd say People Mag is in good company.
    Yeah, Cindy's circle of people in her life is rapidly becoming smaller and smaller, isn't it? Pretty soon to be a world of 1, if you ask me.

I saw the mag last night at the store and thought about buying it. I decided we probably had more facts here than they did. LOL
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Fandy is offline Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll never know!
    Scarlett thanks for posting the scans
    Keeping the Litterbox Clean! (these are not my cats, they are generic~mine are much cuter)!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast