People Magazine, October 27, 2008

STEADFAST

Reaction score
I don't see a thread for the new issue of People magazine, with the headline "A Mom's Web of Lies."

There's nothing that posters here don't already know in it and it leaves out a lot we do know, but the Anthony's were very displeased with the article in the August issue. I wonder what they'll say about this one?

It's got a picture of Casey strutting, a box showing her "snot head" conversation with Rusciano, the hanging bear cartoon, surveillance pictures of her at BoA and Target, a brief timeline, a box listing four of her biggest lies, and it ends with the line from Capt. Nieves, "The answers lie with Casey."

I have the same magazine. I thought they were suppose to show the "grainy" pic of "Caylee sighting" but they didn't. That's why I got the magazine. I think it was channel 9 that said they were going to have that pic in there. Oh well. Just wanted to see for myself that it wasn't her.

Wonder what the A's think of THIS issue?

I didn't buy the magazine but since you guys did, can you answer a question. Someone was saying on here yesterday that the article says the chloroform searches were from BEFORE Caylee was gone. Is that true?

I didn't buy the magazine but since you guys did, can you answer a question. Someone was saying on here yesterday that the article says the chloroform searches were from BEFORE Caylee was gone. Is that true?

Yes, its timeline shows those searches taking place before Caylee went missing.

I got the same mag I havent read it all yet but i did look at the pic of Cindy and George theres somethin bout it i dont like i just cant put finger on it.

A couple weeks after the first article came out I tried reading it on line at People.com but got nothing. After several attempts I did get the cover to come up, the caption read 'cover preview'. That was all I could find.

At the time I wondered if the A's had threatened to file a slander or defamation suit against the magazine. I guess that is no longer a problem.

A couple weeks after the first article came out I tried reading it on line at People.com but got nothing. After several attempts I did get the cover to come up, the caption read 'cover preview'. That was all I could find.

At the time I wondered if the A's had threatened to file a slander or defamation suit against the magazine. I guess that is no longer a problem.

In order constitute slander or libel, the statements have to be provably untrue, IIRC

Then, there's the question of velue of reputation. I read that a British court found for the plaintiff in a libel case, and awarded him the value of his rep. One pound.

She was asked by local6 about this article and says she felt duped after the first one.

I bet she'll comment that "she never work with them again".

Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, OSCO, Nancy Grace....I'd say People Mag is in good company.

Yes, its timeline shows those searches taking place before Caylee went missing.

There has been much misinfo and confusion spread, by both the media and in turn here, re dates files were created (10/22/07 I believe) vs when they were last written to. To my knowledge LE hasn't released aall of the actual dates searches were done. JMO

She was asked by local6 about this article and says she felt duped after the first one.

I bet she'll comment that "she never work with them again".

Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, OSCO, Nancy Grace....I'd say People Mag is in good company.

Yeah, Cindy's circle of people in her life is rapidly becoming smaller and smaller, isn't it? Pretty soon to be a world of 1, if you ask me.

I saw the mag last night at the store and thought about buying it. I decided we probably had more facts here than they did. LOL

Scarlett thanks for posting the scans

I glanced at it during checkout at the grocery store. It seemed to have facts we already knew. I will tell you this, it was the most bought magazine in the checkout. There was only one left!

I browsed through the article while in line at grocery late last night.
I did not read anything that I did not already know..however I am glad those who have not really been following the case and read and buy People will have a better understanding of the case once they read the magazine.

Nice picture in the article of Tim Miller searching, although the people in the photo are not identified. Any NG viewer would recognize him 'from the get go'.

ETA: It's the 4th link of Scarlet's scans. Last guy on the right is Tim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back