1265 users online (247 members and 1018 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!

Child Neglect Charges Dropped 10/21/08

Does this mean the trial will not happen then on November 15th or will they still go ahead with it for the fraud charges?

JB still hasn't filed for a speedy trial, this is gong to be going on for quite a while I feel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4701569.story
    Last edited by Patty G; 10-22-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

If they drop the neglect charges, I hope they still go after the theft charges at least she will get convicted on those,
    if by chance some juror on murder charges vote not guilty Some people always keep drinking that Kool Aid.
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    Does this mean the trial will not happen then on November 15th or will they still go ahead with it for the fraud charges?

JB still hasn't filed for a speedy trial, this is gong to be going on for quite a while I feel.

Thank you for the update InsomniaM!

It is hard to see in writing that she is not alive. We have known this for a long time but, it still makes me sad.

I think they will go ahead with the fraud charges on the 15th.

It was expected they would drop the Neglect charges with the others in place. The Identity Theft and Fraud charges will stay, imo. It is a separate case.

This is going to drag out which I don't understand. It works against the defense because it allows LE and TES more time to find the body and further evidence before trial. Then again...look who is calling the shots here. His strategy seems to be to let LE collect all the evidence and they will just shoot in the dark from the hip to defend Casey.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

It says the state dropped the charges because neglect is directly related to the child being alive. In this case the state clearly believes that Caylee is not alive, so they have to stand behind the GJ's finding that Casey murdered Caylee.

As for the fraud charges, I imagine that would go ahead as scheduled.

Why Baez isn't filing for a speedy trial has me confused. Why give the state anymore time, unless he doesn't want to make that decision until his team is fully in place. He won't be lead, so that may have something to do with it.
    God Bless Jorelys

In a statement released this morning, the State Attorney's Office explained: "The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges."

"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Openmyeyes View Post
    It says the state dropped the charges because neglect is directly related to the child being alive. In this case the state clearly believes that Caylee is not alive, so they have to stand behind the GJ's finding that Casey murdered Caylee.

Why Baez isn't filing for a speedy trial has me confused. Why give the state anymore time, unless he doesn't want to make that decision until his team is fully in place. He won't be lead, so that may have something to do with it.
    JB doesn't have a clue what he is doing, plain and simple.

The GJ charged her with Aggravated Child Abuse...
    That charge still stands and I'd rather see that then neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Openmyeyes View Post

JB cannot do the speedy trial motion. That is the equivalent of certifying to the Court that he is absolutely ready for trial.

Considering the defense team is somewhat mid-assembly, they are not ready for trial and it would be an idiotic motion, even for JB

Without the motion, the state has 175 days and that clock is ticking.

I believe that Baez can file for a speedy trial whenever he chooses...So he's going to bide his own time until he feels that he has what he needs to go forward. Just as LE has more time, so does the defence. They will want to do proper discovery and will want to do additional investigations.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    In a statement released this morning, the State Attorney's Office explained: "The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges."

There is no bolder statement than for the State Attorney's office to say "The Child Is Deceased"...

There should be no more questions on this. That's the strongest statement I've seen mentioned yet.

Now I wonder if they have told Cindy and George this and they just choose to ignore it.
    Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
    Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
    Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
    Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
    ~Pamela Glenconner~

Lawson Lamar

State Attorney

Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida

415 North Orange Avenue

Orlando, Florida 32801

(407) 836-2400

PRESS RELEASE

Danielle Tavernier

Public Information Officer

(407) 836-2361

October 21, 2008

State of Florida vs. Casey Marie Anthony

In light of the decision of the Grand Jury to indict defendant Casey Marie Anthony in connection with the death of her child and lying to the police, the State of Florida late yesterday afternoon filed a Nolle Prosequi in case number 48-2008-CF-10925-O that charged the defendant with the Neglect of her Child.

The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges.

We remain prepared to proceed to trial on the charges in the indictment.

While the State understands the importance of this information to the community, this office does not want to create the type of publicity that would lead to a change of venue. Therefore, we will not comment further on the case itself. No calculation has or will be made on potential sentences if these charges result in convictions.

Remember, these charges are only allegations and do not constitute a proof of guilt. Ms. Anthony has the right to a trial by jury and is cloaked with the presumption of innocence.

Until legal discovery is disclosed to the defense, there are no public records.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
    smarter than you think, and loved more than you know...

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    You know, I've been trying like hell to put myself in a defense attorney's shoes with this case. I seriously have NO IDEA what the defense could possibly be?!

If the State did indeed have the forensics tested three times at three different labs that blows poking holes in that. How can anyone resonably doubt evidence tested three times in as many labs all with the same result?

If they tried to say she sold Caylee that is human trafficking. Felony offense.

If they say she gave her to someone why would the person/s not give the child back? Not to mention that Casey and the family said Caylee is in danger and Casey saying she was kidnapped.

As you can all see, any defense I try to come up with I can, not so much shoot holes, as demolish, the entire senerio. Even the defense attorney's on the news networks have said the only defense, and the one they would use, is to attack the evidence. I can't see that as a possibility, and that's only with what we DO know. Not even coming close to what OCSD must have that we DON'T know about, kwim?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Insomnia Momma; 10-21-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by liltigress View Post
    There is no bolder statement than for the State Attorney's office to say "The Child Is Deceased"...

There should be no more questions on this. That's the strongest statement I've seen mentioned yet.

Now I wonder if they have told Cindy and George this and they just choose to ignore it.
    I totally agree.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast