Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SieSie

Reaction score
What questions do you have? Hopefully others who remember the details a little better can answer so we don't have to search through the threads.

Here are my questions:

Did Benjaman have any defensive wounds when he was found?

With the technology that we have available now with scanning people at airports, isn't there some way someone could "scan" Benjaman's surgical pins or plates to get the serial number?

What questions do you have? Hopefully others who remember the details a little better can answer so we don't have to search through the threads.

Here are my questions:

Did Benjaman have any defensive wounds when he was found?

With the technology that we have available now with scanning people at airports, isn't there some way someone could "scan" Benjaman's surgical pins or plates to get the serial number?

Great idea-I have posed the following questions to him from the last 24 hours on the forum:

1.) Were you relatively clean shaven when you were initially found? Hopefully there are notes that include this information either in your records or in the call sheet/incident report done by Richmond Hill when you were transported.

2.) Is there any indication that you have received rhinoplasty?

3.) Were there XRAYS done to confirm the hardware in your arm? Could anyone see serial numbers?

4.) What was the time that elapsed from when you recovered consciousness and discovered the amnesia and or when was your eye surgery done in relationship to your discovery in August 2004.

Great idea-I have posed the following questions to him from the last 24 hours on the forum:

1.) Were you relatively clean shaven when you were initially found? Hopefully there are notes that include this information either in your records or in the call sheet/incident report done by Richmond Hill when you were transported.

2.) Is there any indication that you have received rhinoplasty?

3.) Were there XRAYS done to confirm the hardware in your arm? Could anyone see serial numbers?

4.) What was the time that elapsed from when you recovered consciousness and discovered the amnesia and or when was your eye surgery done in relationship to your discovery in August 2004.

Thank you, believe!! :blowkiss: Looking forward to his answers.

I also asked LE for a definitive answer on Steve Dewey for what it is worth...

Months ago, I posted about this at length. More than likely, this is hardware that can safely be removed in a fairly simple procedure anyway.
There will definitely be identifying manufacturer numbers on the plate/ screw set which WILL trace back to a lot number. The lot number will trace to a certain hospital.

There's no doubt about this. However, whether the hospital will have or be able to give BK any info is up for grabs. IF the orthopedic surgeon who did the internal fixation of his fractured arm can ID him by sight, then it could open up quite a lot of avenues. Even large hospitals only have a very limited number of orthopedic surgeons, usually 3-4 different group practices in a major medical center. IF the doctor stayed put, I think BK might could be ID'd this way.

that just because the issue is outstanding, it hasn't been addressed-like the arm hardware and possible matches etc, lol.

Yes things can slip through the cracks, but it doesn't mean that these issues were never ever addressed. If there were XRAYS done in 2004 to confirm the hardware, they may have had no value-I am doing my best to find out.

While I was checking to see when serial numbers were actually placed on bone hardware, I stumbled across a House (the series) episode where House removed a pin from a woman's arm to get the serial number off of it. I suppose that is always an option as well, lol!

Does anyone know when serial numbers were placed on bone pins?? BK would have had his surgery possibly in the late 60's to mid 70's based on how old he recalls it to be.

I would like to know if BK DID have a beard, what color was his beard. In the one picture he has a dark brown beard, did he dye it? If BK dyed it, WHY did he dye it?

I would like to know if BK DID have a beard, what color was his beard. In the one picture he has a dark brown beard, did he dye it? If BK dyed it, WHY did he dye it?

He was told to dye it by the show and I am pretty sure they picked the color.

I will post the rest when I hear back.

Thank you very much for getting these questions answered for us. I am confident we will receive some very valuable information as a result! :clap:

If possible, can you please find out the following:

1.) Cataract Surgery - what type of cataract did he have (cortical, nuclear or subcapsular) and what the surgeon thinks caused the cataract to form (i.e. was it formed over time or due to severe short term exposure, etc.)?

2.) Did his medical records indicate he had defensive wounds from fighting off his attacker(s)? (someone else asked this question above)

3.) Exactly what type of injuries did he suffer from when found, as indicated in his medical records from his initial hospital visit?

4.) Does he have a heightened fear of anything in particular (strangers, rain, water, airplanes, cars, etc.)? I completely understand if this question is too personal for him to want to supply an answer to.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! You are amazing! Thank you! :blowkiss:

Mr Kyle was kind enough to send replies....they are detailed in blue.

1.) Were you relatively clean shaven when you were initially found? Hopefully there are notes that include this information either in your records or in the call sheet/incident report done by Richmond Hill when you were transported. There is no information on whether or not he was scruffy or clean shaven. He does not remember himself.

2.) Is there any indication that you have received rhinoplasty? Head CT's show no indication of a previously broken nose.

3.) Were there XRAYS done to confirm the hardware in your arm? Could anyone see serial numbers? There do not appear to have been XRAYS done to confirm the hardware-he does not want to have any pins removed for the purposes of identification.

The surgery to correct his vision was 8 months after his discovery-he does not have clear recollections of the month following his discovery at the Burger King.

Which show asked BK to dye his beard "brown"? :confused: BK didn't have a beard on the Dr. Phil Show!

The photos and retouch were done at the request of the show. If you check some of the older photo postings you will see when he actually sent them to us to post...it was awesome to see them and fun to see his sense of humor at work!

Believe, why doesn't he want the pins or hardware removed? That seems like almost a sure shot to me as far as ID goes. Does that seem strange to anyone? Or is it me?

Believe, why doesn't he want the pins or hardware removed? That seems like almost a sure shot to me as far as ID goes. Does that seem strange to anyone? Or is it me?

Great question. Im interested in hearing why he doesnt want them removed as well. I did a quick search on pain removal and most posts mention "slight discomfort/pain." A small price to pay for such a good chance at finding your identity IMO.:waitasec:

Perhaps its a financial issue? Maybe he cant afford to have the surgery?

YES! YES! YES! That stuck out to me as odd. Perhaps there is an explaination (?) however I don't know why that wasn't included. I was hoping we would get additional information however I have more questions now than I had before. Oh well....

Great question. Im interested in hearing why he doesnt want them removed as well. I did a quick search on pain removal and most posts mention "slight discomfort/pain." A small price to pay for such a good chance at finding your identity IMO.:waitasec:

Perhaps its a financial issue? Maybe he cant afford to have the surgery?

YES! YES! YES! That stuck out to me as odd. Perhaps there is an explaination (?) however I don't know why that wasn't included. I was hoping we would get additional information however I have more questions now than I had before. Oh well....

It is not for me to say and I knew you guys would be all over this one, lol! I think that increasing media attention is a legitimate step before self-mutilation, but these are my words not his.

Since BK has no job (due to not having a SSN), he also has no health insurance. I also can not imagine that any orthopedic surgeon would be willing to do un-necessary surgery for free when there is no medical reason to do so. In fact, many would consider this to be unethical in every respect. For example, try explaining this in malpractice court "The patient died from a reaction to the anesthesia while I was doing unneeded surgery to see if there were numbers on a pin that POSSIBLY existed in his arm" There is not even proof that there are pins there, and certainly no proof that those pins have any ID numbers on them.
Add to this that it would be a very painful procedure to remove a pin around which bone growth and scarring had occurred, and it really isn't a practical solution for anyone involved.

As you can imagine, Mr. Kyle has been repeatedly tested for malingering-you have to know that this would be the basis for any LE and media done for him. So if it eases your mind, there is NO evidence of it. None. He has amnesia straight out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff