Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MO- AMBER ALERT: Christina Alley, 14, & Levi Carlson, 16, Clinton County, 17 Oct 2008

The no credit card activity bothers me too. They'd eventually have to stop to get gas. Unless they ditched the car.

i saw this on the news today. the girls parents were on there. they said that the two were not dating, just friends. they said that the boy is very troubled and got into a fight with his father (maybe the day they went missing?) and threw his father against the wall. the stress then caused his step mother to have a heart attack. the girls mother also said that the boy was talking about committing suicide last week...

Quote Originally Posted by ajurk View Post
    i saw this on the news today. the girls parents were on there. they said that the two were not dating, just friends. they said that the boy is very troubled and got into a fight with his father (maybe the day they went missing?) and threw his father against the wall. the stress then caused his step mother to have a heart attack. the girls mother also said that the boy was talking about committing suicide last week...
    WHOA! That adds a whole new twist to the case. With a kid that disturbed murder/suicide is not out of the question.

This makes me so sad... from the minute I read the story. I have a 14 year old daughter, who plays in the band and has been playing half time/ at the games, so it made the story very real to me. I can't imagine the pain their parents are in. I pray they find them quickly!!!! Alive and well.
    "Justice may be blind, but she has very sophisticated listening devices." ~Edgar Argo

I just don't understand LE taking all weekend to file the Amber Alert. I don't care if they think the kids went away together willingly- the point is that they are KIDS. 14 and 16 don't know how to take care of themselves, especially since the boy is driving a car without a license.

Omg you're so right ^.. he's driving without a license? Whose car does he have? and how'd he get it? I didn't see anything about this in the article I read earlier.
    "Justice may be blind, but she has very sophisticated listening devices." ~Edgar Argo

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I just don't understand LE taking all weekend to file the Amber Alert. I don't care if they think the kids went away together willingly- the point is that they are KIDS. 14 and 16 don't know how to take care of themselves, especially since the boy is driving a car without a license.
    Yes, they are kids. And yes, they may be in danger. But that isn't the point of an AMBER Alert. "Voluntary" disappearances, such as runaways, do not warrant such alert. AMBER Alerts are reserved for "abduction" cases only. Granted, an alert of some kind should have been issued right away, because you're right. They ARE kids. And I think it is good that an Alert was issued after they determined it could be an abduction case.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Yes, they are kids. And yes, they may be in danger. But that isn't the point of an AMBER Alert. "Voluntary" disappearances, such as runaways, do not warrant such alert. AMBER Alerts are reserved for "abduction" cases only. Granted, an alert of some kind should have been issued right away, because you're right. They ARE kids. And I think it is good that an Alert was issued after they determined it could be an abduction case.
    While I agree the AA can't be used for every teen who might be a runaway, I think the condition of Paige's stuff in the locker room screamed something was wrong. From the way the news article was written, it sounds as if her band uniform and instrument weren't even put away and she left her cellphone behind.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Is there any other discussion on these two, or is this the only thread? I sure hope they turn up okay somewhere....

Parents talk about missing Daughter

Snipped

An Amber Alert has been issued for the two teenagers, and family and friends have set up a Web site ( http://www.paigeandlevi.com/ ) hoping someone will come forward with information about where they are. "It’s a nightmare. It's a living nightmare," said Jeff Alley, Paige's father.

More at link
    http://www.kmbc.com/news/17792005/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Is there any other discussion on these two, or is this the only thread? I sure hope they turn up okay somewhere....
    There is a thread here on these missing kids.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73583

I am surprised these two haven't been found yet! I hope they're ok, wherever they are, but the safest and best place for them is home. I didn't realize that she is so young!

Oh my. I pray for the safe return of these two children. I haven't seen this on our local news here in SW Missouri, which is a shame. Perhaps I've just missed it, but I'll be e-mailing our local stations asking for more coverage just in case.
    I feel for these kids. I can't imagine what it would be like for a 16 year old with emotional issues to know that his actions directly influenced his step-mother's heart attack. I could barely take the pressure of finals week when I was 16...I hope that he finds a safe way to cope, that they really are just out for a joyride to relieve some stress. I'll be keeping an eye out here in SW MO.

The kids haven't been found yet! I wonder where in the world they are. Maybe the girl went with the boy because she knew how upset he was and she was afraid that he might harm himself. I wonder if they have a car and if so where did they get it. He's 16 so I guess he could have a driver's license. Maybe he had his own car. Many kids do at that age. It's not good for the boy to go without his meds for any length of time. This girl is so young how would she know how to cope with him? I wish she would call home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    The kids haven't been found yet! I wonder where in the world they are. Maybe the girl went with the boy because she knew how upset he was and she was afraid that he might harm himself. I wonder if they have a car and if so where did they get it. He's 16 so I guess he could have a driver's license. Maybe he had his own car. Many kids do at that age. It's not good for the boy to go without his meds for any length of time. This girl is so young how would she know how to cope with him? I wish she would call home.
    They are thought to be driving a a 1996 Toyota Avalon, maroon in color, and bearing Missouri license PD0 A5U. Neither of the teenagers has a drivers license.

Later that evening, Paige's friends said Carlson called her cell phone repeatedly.

"They said he had been calling and she had been getting very agitated," said Jeff Alley.

Paige told her band teacher that she had a family emergency and had to leave. After the game, her parents realized something was wrong when they spoke to her bandmates. They described her as "frantic" and having a "nervous breakdown."

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17792005/detail.html

I didn't see the article about her band things or threats of suicide, but this to me would indicate that he was in crisis and possibly threatening suicide again. It would explain why she left haphazardly and also adds a whole new element of alarm. I can understand now why they put out the AA.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Christine Paige Alley and Levi Carlson

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland

wow this is sad and scary to the family's .I, as a mom myself cant begin to imagine this.Has anyone heard if they had money? cant go to far not using a CC and no cash? God Bless these kids and there family's

After seeing the photo of the two of them together on another thread...it sure appeared they were on a "date" when it was taken. Why would the mother claim they were not dating? Was it perhaps just a friend going with another friend to say a band formal? Did this give him reason to become infatuated with her and she rejected him? So many questions surrounding this case and very few answers are coming out.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    After seeing the photo of the two of them together on another thread...it sure appeared they were on a "date" when it was taken. Why would the mother claim they were not dating? Was it perhaps just a friend going with another friend to say a band formal? Did this give him reason to become infatuated with her and she rejected him? So many questions surrounding this case and very few answers are coming out.

I agree with the dating thing,something is up with that .To bad we cant talk to any friends ,im sure they know

Gosh, I thought for sure we'd have some news by now. Not looking good. My prayers go out to both families. Most of the news has been focusing on Paige, but the reality is that both of them are missing. Even if Levi is responsible, he is off his medication, and his parents are still missing their son. I hope they are both found safe and soon.

Edited to clarify: I'm not saying anyone here isn't praying for both. No accusations. Just a statement.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

I really can't belielve they're not back yet or haven't been seen AT ALL. That is so strange.
    I don't know what to think.
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

From www.paigeandlevi.com : Today is "Help find Paige and Levi Day"

Anyone within 200 miles of Lathrop Missouri is asked to take an hour out of your day, or so, driving your area, backroads, neighborhoods, whatever, looking for Paige and Levi.

Please print out a copy of the flyer on this site to take with you. If you are able, please make multiple copies and post them at any place that you can.

Very troubling they haven't used the credit cards or have not been spotted yet. Could be an accident and the vehicle can't be seen from the roadway. I hope someone finds something soon or they turn up unharmed.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast