Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan View Post
    I'm in St.Louis and there hasn't been a thing in the news about this case that I've seen.
    I just hope they are exploring other options, checking thier route home etc.
    I am not too far away and I am on lookout for car.

Wow, I'm in KC and haven't even heard about this on the news. I hope they are found soon and safe. Hopefully more info. will be put out.

Updated from the family site:

Update 10-22-08 Sighting in Aurora was a false alarm, but please keep a look
    out as this might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGirl View Post
    Wow, I'm in KC and haven't even heard about this on the news. I hope they are found soon and safe. Hopefully more info. will be put out.
    Hi AliGirl, i am in KC also. I have seen it on the news. Its on the front page of FOXNews.com now so hopefully it will be getting more media attention and hopefully these kids will be found safe soon!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,442582,00.html
    Last edited by rccook555; 10-23-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link

I have hope they will be found soon and this will be just two teenagers who took off willingly. I know when we hear "bipolar and off medication" it leads to speculation that all may not be well, but I think it is quite possible since they were dating that they are off in some exploring mode as has happened in other cases.

An accident could be responsible, too. All possibilities remain open on this one.

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers they are returned home safely to their families.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Wow, I don't know how I've missed it. Thanks for the link, and it's good to see another KC person here.

Has there been any news about their relationship? I wonder if they were fighting or not getting along before this happened. Would be interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by rccook555 View Post
    Hi AliGirl, i am in KC also. I have seen it on the news. Its on the front page of FOXNews.com now so hopefully it will be getting more media attention and hopefully these kids will be found safe soon!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,442582,00.html

I pray these kids come home safe! I live close and do participate in some events in Lathrop.

Can anyone see if their facebook accounts had anything helpful in it?

I need to establish and account in facebook and my space I guess if I want to be part of these forumns.
    Does this sound familiar?

If falsehood, like truth, had but one face, we would be more on equal terms.
    For we would consider the contrary of what the liar said to be certain.
    But the opposite of truth has a hundred thousand faces and an infinite field.
    ~Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. ~Lamartine

Quote Originally Posted by AliGirl View Post
    Wow, I don't know how I've missed it. Thanks for the link, and it's good to see another KC person here.

Has there been any news about their relationship? I wonder if they were fighting or not getting along before this happened. Would be interesting to know.

KC Girl Here Too~actually Liberty but wrk in KC
    Does this sound familiar?

If falsehood, like truth, had but one face, we would be more on equal terms.
    For we would consider the contrary of what the liar said to be certain.
    But the opposite of truth has a hundred thousand faces and an infinite field.
    ~Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. ~Lamartine

Does anyone know it the routes have been checked?
    Really strange that they have no money, no CC usage.
    Unless they are getting help I just do not think they have run off.
    Does not make sense to me, hope they are found safe soon!

The no credit card activity bothers me too. They'd eventually have to stop to get gas. Unless they ditched the car.

i saw this on the news today. the girls parents were on there. they said that the two were not dating, just friends. they said that the boy is very troubled and got into a fight with his father (maybe the day they went missing?) and threw his father against the wall. the stress then caused his step mother to have a heart attack. the girls mother also said that the boy was talking about committing suicide last week...

Quote Originally Posted by ajurk View Post
    i saw this on the news today. the girls parents were on there. they said that the two were not dating, just friends. they said that the boy is very troubled and got into a fight with his father (maybe the day they went missing?) and threw his father against the wall. the stress then caused his step mother to have a heart attack. the girls mother also said that the boy was talking about committing suicide last week...
    WHOA! That adds a whole new twist to the case. With a kid that disturbed murder/suicide is not out of the question.

This makes me so sad... from the minute I read the story. I have a 14 year old daughter, who plays in the band and has been playing half time/ at the games, so it made the story very real to me. I can't imagine the pain their parents are in. I pray they find them quickly!!!! Alive and well.
    "Justice may be blind, but she has very sophisticated listening devices." ~Edgar Argo

I just don't understand LE taking all weekend to file the Amber Alert. I don't care if they think the kids went away together willingly- the point is that they are KIDS. 14 and 16 don't know how to take care of themselves, especially since the boy is driving a car without a license.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast