Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Brandon Crisp, 15, Barrie Ontario, 14 Oct 2008

Canada - Brandon Crisp, 15, Barrie Ontario, 14 Oct 2008

Searchers broaden efforts in hunt for Brandon Crisp

Canwest News Service

An intense search for a 15-year-old boy who has been missing for more than a week continues today in a densely wooded area north of Toronto.
    Brandon Crisp left his Barrie home on a yellow mountain bike on Oct. 14 after getting into a fight with his parents.
    Since then, his bicycle has been seen by witnesses but there has been no sign of Brandon, who was not properly dressed when he left and does not have any money.
    Search efforts were broadened today with more police officers and search dogs from the Barrie police and the Ontario Provincial Police.
    Investigators are urging residents and cottagers in the communities northeast of Barrie to check their properties for signs the teen could be staying there.
    Brandon’s parents are concerned he may have been lured away. They say he is obsessed with a video game called Call of Duty 4, which he plays online.
    However, Brandon has not logged in to the game since his disappearance and friends say they have had no contact with him.
    The teen is described as being five feet three inches tall and weighing about 100 pounds.
    He was last seen wearing a yellow and grey jacket with a grey American Eagle hoody-style sweater and blue jeans.
    At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing white “skater”-style running shoes with a camouflage stripe on the side and carrying a yellow and grey backpack.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...don-crisp.aspx

Please pray for Brandon that he can be returned to his family. It's feared someone may be keeping him prisoner.

Canada-Brandon Crisp, 15, Missing from Barrie, ON

Posted: October 21, 2008, 2:29 PM by Rob Roberts

Canwest News Service

An intense search for a 15-year-old boy who has been missing for more than a week continues today in a densely wooded area north of Toronto.
    Brandon Crisp left his Barrie home on a yellow mountain bike on Oct. 14 after getting into a fight with his parents.
    Since then, his bicycle has been seen by witnesses but there has been no sign of Brandon, who was not properly dressed when he left and does not have any money.
    Search efforts were broadened today with more police officers and search dogs from the Barrie police and the Ontario Provincial Police.
    Investigators are urging residents and cottagers in the communities northeast of Barrie to check their properties for signs the teen could be staying there.
    Brandon’s parents are concerned he may have been lured away. They say he is obsessed with a video game called Call of Duty 4, which he plays online.
    However, Brandon has not logged in to the game since his disappearance and friends say they have had no contact with him.
    The teen is described as being five feet three inches tall and weighing about 100 pounds.
    He was last seen wearing a yellow and grey jacket with a grey American Eagle hoody-style sweater and blue jeans.
    At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing white “skater”-style running shoes with a camouflage stripe on the side and carrying a yellow and grey backpack.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...don-crisp.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post

Canwest News Service

Please pray for Brandon that he can be returned to his family. It's feared someone may be keeping him prisoner.

hi, I live about one hour from Barrie. if they have a search this weekend i will be trying to join and help. i also have a stubborn teenage boy whom is my life and cant imagine what his family is going through.

my thought and prayers are with tham all.

Canada

So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
    People have seen his bicycle, but not him? What does that mean? Was is found somewhere or was someone else riding it that wasn't Brandon? Praying for a quick and safe return.
    The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.

Doesn't this thread belong in the "Missing" section? I don't want anyone to overlook it.

That's really alarming. It sounds like he may be in danger from the elements, himself, or hostile gamers. However, there've been a lot of missing kids returned okay this week, so here's to hope!

Quote Originally Posted by miss u daddy View Post
    People have seen his bicycle, but not him? What does that mean? Was is found somewhere or was someone else riding it that wasn't Brandon? Praying for a quick and safe return.
    He had a fight with his parents and left on his bike. The bike is the only clue it was found on the side the road days later near Shanty bay. I will post a link.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome

I am very familiar with the areas to the north of Barrie.. it is riddled with Lakes, vacation cottages, golf clubs, and very densely wooded. Many areas are swampy as well. There is a main artery that runs due north of Barrie.. but there are no bus lines or such that do local drops .. however it would run to another city a couple hours north. Barrie is about an hour or so from Toronto but definately suburban/city sprawl.. The artery that runs north and south is a several lane highway and can be quite desolate in places not to mention the dense fog at times. The woods are very active with much wildlife.. including bears, and other large game like moose. I wonder if his bike had any damage to it.. it could be he rode and was hit or damaged the bike riding in the rocky wooded terrain.. I hope he is just hiding out in mone of the many very expensive cottages ( this area is the North east hollywood- Spielberg, hanks, hawn, russell, kenny G etc big time money) that are very much seasonally inhabited. Many of these cottages are on lakes that are accessed thru a long drive thru the woods.. and to be honest no one would know you were there til they came to open them in the summer.. easy hiding spot.

heres some additional info on the LE and their current escalation in searching for Brandon.. its not sounding good.. " its like he has dissapeared in to thin air" LE is expressing concern as there have been some tips immediately after his disappearance but nothing since even though the info has been broadcast nation wide...

LE has called in Cybre crimes units to examine his gaming system but so far have found very little and Brandon doesnt qualify for an Anber Alert due to the circumstances of his disappearance

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...RAYMOND%20BOWE

There is another thread on Brandon ... perhaps a Mod could merger these two together..?

The weather is a big factor now.. they have had snow this week in Barrie.. too cold to be out and exposed in the open.. hopefully he is hold up on his own now.. but its not sounding good. A kid this age doesnt go off the grid for this long without money, talking to friends, or in his case if he is addicated to the gaming he would have found a way to log on by now I would think... I am hoping this is something innocent but I have a feeling there is more going on here.. I hope i am wrong. My prayers to Brandon and his family.. I hope he is located soon.

Quote Originally Posted by opme View Post
    heres some additional info on the LE and their current escalation in searching for Brandon.. its not sounding good.. " its like he has dissapeared in to thin air" LE is expressing concern as there have been some tips immediately after his disappearance but nothing since even though the info has been broadcast nation wide...

LE has called in Cybre crimes units to examine his gaming system but so far have found very little and Brandon doesnt qualify for an Anber Alert due to the circumstances of his disappearance

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...RAYMOND%20BOWE
    I am also familiar with this area. I have a close friend that works and lives there. Thick brush for sure in rural parts of Barrie. Just wanted to let you know I heard tonight that the bike was damaged. He was also spotted my a woman walking down the road they found his bike on. will try to find the link.
    I find it so odd that nobody has come forward with info on him. Any responsible adult would wonder why he is not at school or ask if the parents knew where he was. This has captured alot of media attention and his photo is plastered all over Barrie and surrounding are as per my friend...

I am about 45min south of Barrie so if they ask for a volunteer search I will be going to help...

Praying for a happy outcome.
    Canada

here is a link to a family members blog. funny in the comments it says the bike was undamaged. So now I have heard conflicting reports..

Canada

I live across the lake from Barrie, Lake Simcoe, and it is cold this morning, 4 degrees and frost is on the ground. My children wore their woolies this morning, hat and mittens. I saw this on Breakfast television and I also would like to join in a search this weekend. I hope he is found ok, it is getting colder by the day here.

Barrie Police on Missing Brandon Crisp

http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/?q=node/1668

Brandon CRISP - Missing Person Investigation

Posted October 17, 2008

Attatchments:

UPDATE: (22OCT2008 - 1900hrs)
    Barrie Police have concluded their search in the area of the 2nd Line of Oro for today. Police searchers will be back on the scene again tomorrow continuing their search.
    Investigators from Barrie Police with the assistance of the OPP are currently conducting a traffic check point in attempt to canvass the public that travels through the area. It is expected that the check point will be concluded tonight at approximately 2000hrs.
    Barrie Police along with members of the CRISP family will be participating in a Ceremony of Hope being hosted by the staff and students of St. Josephs Secondary School on Cundles Rd in Barrie tomorrow morning (23OCT2008) commencing at 8:30am. Media are encouraged to attend to cover this overwhelming community support in attempt to bring Brandon home safe.
    The status of the investigation has not changed and investigators are working diligently day and night in attempt to locate Brandon.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Investigators have also confirmed through a tip from a witness that Brandon was observed walking eastbound on the Oro Rail Trail between the 2nd and 3rd Line of Oro, (in the area that his bike was later located) on the evening of Monday October 13th within hours of him leaving home.
    This afternoon searches may be utilizing the OPP helicopter to assist with further aerial searches of the Shanty Bay area.
    Throughout today, investigators will also be conducting door-to-door canvassing throughout the area around the 3, 4, and 5th Lines of Oro and Shanty Bay in attempt to gain some investigative leads and information into the possible whereabouts of Brandon CRISP. Canvassing will also continue tonight from 4:00pm - 8:00pm with officers conducting vehicle stops in at the 3rd Line and Ridge Road in attempt to obtain leads or information from person that travel this area on a regular basis.
    Further updates will be posted when available.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    The status of the investigation has not changed and despite various information being received by the media from anonymous sources, police are still diligently working around the clock in attempt to bring Brandon home safe to his family.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    SGT Dave Goodbrand
    (705)717-3033
    Barrie Police will be continuing the ground search today in the area of the 2nd Line of Oro and Ridge Road in the community of Shanty Bay just Northeast of Barrie. Today’s search has been increased in resources and will be utilizing more police searchers from both Barrie Police and OPP including numerous K9 officers.
    Investigators are also appealing to residences and the community in the area of Shanty Bay, as well as cottage owners along the North shore of Kempenfelt Bay, to check their properties and outbuilding for possible evidence relating to the investigation.
    If the public finds evidence of properties or outbuildings having been occupied or anything that is unusual or out of place, they are urged to immediately contact Barrie Police at (705) 725-7025.
    Further updates will be posted today when available.
    Sgt. Dave Goodbrand
    (7050 717-3033
    Police searchers will be back at the same scene tomorrow morning to continue their search of the area.
    Further updates will be posted as available.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Today (20OCT2008) Barrie Police investigators were also able to locate the bike that was found earlier in the week on the rail trail near the 2nd Line of Oro (but had been removed from the area prior to police being notified).
    Investigators are also conducting further follow-up in relation to Brandon Crisp's computer usage and on -line gaming accounts.
    An updated description of Brandon is as follows:
    Male, white, 100 pounds, 5’2”, short sandy blond hair, wearing a yellow and grey jacket, a grey American Eagle hoody style sweater, blue jeans, white “skater” style runners with a camouflage stripe on the sides. As well, Brandon is believed to have a yellow and grey back pack (as attached in the photos).
    Anyone with information regarding Brandon or his possible whereabouts are urged to contact the Barrie Police at (705)725-7025.
    Further information will be posted when available
    A bike matching this description was observed by a witness to the side of the walking trail on Ridge Road and the 2nd Lime of Oro (just north of Barrie) between Monday October 13 until Wednesday October 15, 2008. Once the witness was aware of the bikes potential connection to this investigation, the bike had been taken from the area by unknown person(s).
    Investigators are urging the public that if they are in possession of the bike, to contact Barrie Police Service. (photo of the style and make of the bike is attached).
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Investigators from the Barrie Police Service, with assistance from the OPP Helicopter will be conducting an aerial and ground search. The investigators will be concentrating their efforts in the East end of Barrie, going out as far as the Second Line of Oro.
    The search area is a result of information being received on a possible sighting.
    The Media will be updated as the investigation continues.
    On Monday October 14th 2008 Brandon CRISP, age 15, left his Hickling Trail home after having an argument with his parents. Brandon was last seen riding his Yellow Mountain bike on Hickling trail at 3:00pm away from his residence.
    Brandon is described at 5-3ft, 100lbs last seen wearing blue jeans a burgundy American eagle hoodie a yellow and grey jacket with white running shoes with a camouflage stripe. Brandon is a Grade 10 student that attends St Josephs High School in Barrie.
    Barrie Police have commenced a missing person investigation and are seeking the assistance of the public in locating the missing youth.
    Anyone with information regarding Brandon or his possible whereabouts are urged to contact the Barrie Police at (705)725-7025.
    Investigating officers:
    Detective Constable Tammy Watson and Detective Constable Scott Aldridge – Extension # 2156
    tkwatson@police.barrie.on.ca or saldridge@police.barrie.on.ca
    For further information or clarification regarding this press release please contact:
    OFFICER: SGT DAVE GOODBRAND
    UNIT: MEDIA RELATIONS
    CONTACT #: (705) 717-3033

Dear Opme, Hi there, thanks for the idea, maybe people can look here...
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73622

Canada-Brandon Crisp, 15, Missing from Barrie, ON.(Body Found)

Brandon Crisp, Please Come Home!

Tks to Cami for starting this thread. Let's hope this is not a crime but a temporary missing boy who will come home safe soon.

Posted October 17, 2008
    http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files...ns/forward.gifhttp://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files.../printpage.gif

Attatchments:
    http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files/crisp2_sm.jpg
    Barrie Police have concluded their search in the area of the 2nd Line of Oro for today. Police searchers will be back on the scene again tomorrow continuing their search.
    Investigators from Barrie Police with the assistance of the OPP are currently conducting a traffic check point in attempt to canvass the public that travels through the area. It is expected that the check point will be concluded tonight at approximately 2000hrs.
    Barrie Police along with members of the CRISP family will be participating in a Ceremony of Hope being hosted by the staff and students of St. Josephs Secondary School on Cundles Rd in Barrie tomorrow morning (23OCT2008) commencing at 8:30am. Media are encouraged to attend to cover this overwhelming community support in attempt to bring Brandon home safe.
    The status of the investigation has not changed and investigators are working diligently day and night in attempt to locate Brandon.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Investigators have also confirmed through a tip from a witness that Brandon was observed walking eastbound on the Oro Rail Trail between the 2nd and 3rd Line of Oro, (in the area that his bike was later located) on the evening of Monday October 13th within hours of him leaving home.
    This afternoon searches may be utilizing the OPP helicopter to assist with further aerial searches of the Shanty Bay area.
    Throughout today, investigators will also be conducting door-to-door canvassing throughout the area around the 3, 4, and 5th Lines of Oro and Shanty Bay in attempt to gain some investigative leads and information into the possible whereabouts of Brandon CRISP. Canvassing will also continue tonight from 4:00pm - 8:00pm with officers conducting vehicle stops in at the 3rd Line and Ridge Road in attempt to obtain leads or information from person that travel this area on a regular basis.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    The status of the investigation has not changed and despite various information being received by the media from anonymous sources, police are still diligently working around the clock in attempt to bring Brandon home safe to his family.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    SGT Dave Goodbrand
    (705)717-3033
    Barrie Police will be continuing the ground search today in the area of the 2nd Line of Oro and Ridge Road in the community of Shanty Bay just Northeast of Barrie. Today’s search has been increased in resources and will be utilizing more police searchers from both Barrie Police and OPP including numerous K9 officers.
    Investigators are also appealing to residences and the community in the area of Shanty Bay, as well as cottage owners along the North shore of Kempenfelt Bay, to check their properties and outbuilding for possible evidence relating to the investigation.
    If the public finds evidence of properties or outbuildings having been occupied or anything that is unusual or out of place, they are urged to immediately contact Barrie Police at (705) 725-7025.
    Sgt. Dave Goodbrand
    (7050 717-3033
    Police searchers will be back at the same scene tomorrow morning to continue their search of the area.
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Today (20OCT2008) Barrie Police investigators were also able to locate the bike that was found earlier in the week on the rail trail near the 2nd Line of Oro (but had been removed from the area prior to police being notified).
    Investigators are also conducting further follow-up in relation to Brandon Crisp's computer usage and on -line gaming accounts.
    Male, white, 100 pounds, 5’2”, short sandy blond hair, wearing a yellow and grey jacket, a grey American Eagle hoody style sweater, blue jeans, white “skater” style runners with a camouflage stripe on the sides. As well, Brandon is believed to have a yellow and grey back pack (as attached in the photos).
    A bike matching this description was observed by a witness to the side of the walking trail on Ridge Road and the 2nd Lime of Oro (just north of Barrie) between Monday October 13 until Wednesday October 15, 2008. Once the witness was aware of the bikes potential connection to this investigation, the bike had been taken from the area by unknown person(s).
    Investigators are urging the public that if they are in possession of the bike, to contact Barrie Police Service. (photo of the style and make of the bike is attached).
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Investigators from the Barrie Police Service, with assistance from the OPP Helicopter will be conducting an aerial and ground search. The investigators will be concentrating their efforts in the East end of Barrie, going out as far as the Second Line of Oro.
    The search area is a result of information being received on a possible sighting.
    On Monday October 14th 2008 Brandon CRISP, age 15, left his Hickling Trail home after having an argument with his parents. Brandon was last seen riding his Yellow Mountain bike on Hickling trail at 3:00pm away from his residence.
    Brandon is described at 5-3ft, 100lbs last seen wearing blue jeans a burgundy American eagle hoodie a yellow and grey jacket with white running shoes with a camouflage stripe. Brandon is a Grade 10 student that attends St Josephs High School in Barrie.
    Barrie Police have commenced a missing person investigation and are seeking the assistance of the public in locating the missing youth.
    Investigating officers:
    Detective Constable Tammy Watson and Detective Constable Scott Aldridge – Extension # 2156
    For further information or clarification regarding this press release please contact:

Canada-Brandon Crisp, 15, Missing from Barrie, ON.

Please continue to discuss the Brandon Crisp case here.

This is the original thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...07#post2853707

Metroland Media Group Inc., which publishes the Barrie Advance where Brandon's mother works, is offering a $10,000 reward for information that helps police find the boy.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome

Brandon Crisp, 15, Missing from Barrie, ON.
    Brandon Crisp, Please Come Home!

Tks to Cami for starting this thread. Let's hope this is not a crime but a temporary missing boy who will come home safe soon.

Posted October 17, 2008
    http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files...ns/forward.gifhttp://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files.../printpage.gif

Attatchments:
    http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/files/crisp2_sm.jpg
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    SGT Dave Goodbrand
    (705)717-3033
    Sgt. Dave Goodbrand
    (7050 717-3033
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Sgt Dave Goodbrand
    (705) 717-3033
    Investigating officers:

I would like to say "Thank You" very much to Cami for starting two threads in regards to Brandon Crisp I hope and pray that he will be found safe and sound and re-united with his parents.

But I am concerned for him, very much so. He is smaller for his age and "young looking" and I wonder......... I do hope that he is O.K. and just taking a time out and will be found safe.

Lets keep Brandon in our thoughts. I cannot imagine what this parents are going through.

I know, a child, a 15 year old boy, without money, proper clothing, food, and without his computer. That concerns me, especially if he was "confiding" with a gamer of " like mind" and that gamer offered him a time out, but it was only a ploy to gain Brandon's confidence.

I keep thinking of Shawn Hornbeck. I try to not dwell on the thoughts that Brandon is being held against his will, but he has not even contacted his friends in an entire week. I hope he is found safe and sound and alive and well.

Thanks for posting this here as well. Praying for Brandon and his family. He definately looks younger than 15. I hope he just took off for a while too.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

Hi everyone, I came to this site as the Anthony case really tugged at my heart, and now im hooked. I live in Toronto Ontario and im very close to Barrie.

Here is a link that is talks about possible sightings, im really hoping this turns out ok....
    http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=1259980

P.S this site is honestly amazing, I cant believe that there are real humans out there who care so much still....

Cheers,

http://www.midlandmirror.com/midland...article/120064
    A public search is happening this weekend to search for missing teen Brandon Crisp.The meeting place is at Burl’s Creek Park, and the search starts at 9 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers will comb the area until dark each day.“We will be deploying people in a number of capacities,” said Charmaine Nolan, a search organizer. “Some will actually be searching a defined area, some will be canvassing neighbourhoods and some putting up posters.”She asks volunteers to dress warmly and wear bright clothing to be easily seen.“For those interested in donating water or food for the weekend, please bring them to Burl’s Creek.”Nolan said there’s been a demand from the community to help the Crisp family find Brandon, who has been missing since Oct. 13. “We’re going to areas that may be outside of the police search. Our hope is by getting more people involved, it will result in the safe return of Brandon.”Anyone with specialized equipment, such as all-terrain vehicles, should call ahead to make sure they are utilized properly. Contact Nolan at cnolan@simcoe.com or call 721-3576.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast