custody given to nancy's family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chris. I just saw an article on another station but didn't start a thread. I'm glad you did!!

Would you care to convey your opinion on this decision by Judge Sasser?

Thanks, Chris!

I didn't see that you'd started this thread...Fantastic job covering this custody hearing!

looks like things will pick up around here today - will be VERY interesting to read the order. Is it possible the order will be sealed for a certain period of time (like if CPD intimated to the judge that an arrest was right around the corner???)

Thanks Chris.

I am actually very surprised with this decision. After being there all day Thursday I personally didn't hear anything pointing to BC being unfit.

Obviously Sasser heard something on the depo we didn't or knows something we don't at this time. JMO

looks like things will pick up around here today - will be VERY interesting to read the order. Is it possible the order will be sealed for a certain period of time (like if CPD intimated to the judge that an arrest was right around the corner???)

This has changed a lot as far as NC laws go. The men in NC better not ever cause any problems for their wives or their families or your children will be sent out of the country.

Thanks Chris.

I am actually very surprised with this decision. After being there all day Thursday I personally didn't hear anything pointing to BC being unfit.

Obviously Sasser heard something on the depo we didn't or knows something we don't at this time. JMO

I wasn't there of course but I have talked extensively about this with attorneys. I was told there was no legal reason for this judge to take this mans children. I was told it would never happen there was no case law in NC where she could justify it. Glad I live in Ohio.

The custody decision is a very difficult decision to support. Based upon court reports and the WS eyewitness accounts of the custody proceeding there appears to be nothing revealed that differentiates Brads ability versus my ability to be a father. I hope this decision was not based upon speculation of the judge and that, indeed, she was privy to more evidence than what was revealed during the hearing.

For the experts on this list, is it possible for the judge to be privy to information that was not revealed during the hearing?

fwiw, I feel that Brad was very likely involved in this murder but not convinced. How many of us also felt that the Ramsey's were involved in the murder of their daughter? Did the Ramsey's have their other child removed from their custody?

So, outside of the custody hearing and the video depo's what other public evidence did the judge review?

Bad precedence was just set. I hope his lawyers are filing an appeal today.

How come this was not a jury trial? I thought some civil cases had jury's.

FYI, what was presented in the hearing on Thurs was a tiny subset of the entire case...I would say at least 75% of the case was not explored in the courtroom simply because there wasn't time. You have to dig into the volumes of documents and all the videos to get the same view as the judge. And yes, it's possible she knows more. I can't wait to read her ruling--she'll reference what she used to make her decision, perhaps reference specific case law and statutes. I'm sure the defense will appeal the ruling; I would if I were them.

This just in:

The court will next consider whether to imprison BC while the investigation continues... just to "be on the safe side".
When, and if he's cleared, he will be released.

Cool, huh? After all, if it's not appropriate for him to have custody of his own children, how can it be appropriate for him to be moving freely in society?...

I hate to know that if my spouse died, that the grand parents can petition the courts and take my child away from me. Lots of people do not get along with the in-laws and this ruling sets a bad precedence for the in-laws to take your child away out of spite.

I agree that in-laws should be allowed to see their grandchildren in custody cases but never should they be awarded custody when (according to those that went), they did not prove BC was an unfit parent.

I feel sorry for the girls to now lose their father. What a shame.

This just in:

The court will next consider whether to imprison BC while the investigation continues... just to "be on the safe side".
When, and if he's cleared, he will be released.

Cool, huh?

What? Really? I am very surprised by that.

Guess I must have forgotten the- [sarcasm]...[/sarcasm] brackets in my post above... sorry 'bout that. ;)

Still though... with today's ruling (and this crazy case), even an announcement along these lines wouldn't surprise me...
I mean, why should the court stop with taking away a few constitutional rights... just take them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave