Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88

Thread: Access to Casey's Car - Defense Strategy?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
    Oh and another thing, they should ask why cindy called 911 and reported the car stolen when she actually had it...they picked it up from the tow yard. Maybe that was the "first" plan, to plant a seed that someone stole the car, hence it was towed and there was a terrible stink in the car. Then they found out from casey that she knew about the smell and was last seen with the car at amscot.
    Didn't CA say she needed her daughter arrested for stealing the car? I think she was pizzed that KC did whatever and ended up with the car being towed. She was also mad that KC wasn't letting her see Caylee and was trying to call KCs bluff by calling 911.
    There is ABSOLUTELY something not right about all this! It has sent up red flags since day one.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Just my thoughts, not based on any legal knowledge whatsoever --

    The prosecution doesn't have to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that Casey put Caylee's body in the trunk, they merely have to prevent evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe she is the one who did it.

    Some of that evidence (I'm sure there's more):

    Casey left the Anthony home with Caylee on the afternoon of June 16th. When she arrived at Tony's apartment a few hours later, Caylee was not with her and was never seen again. There is no evidence that Casey's car was in the possession of any other person during that time or that Casey left Caylee with another person.

    Casey would not allow George to look in the trunk of the car for the wheel chucks.

    If someone else put the body in the car, who removed it?

    Casey's conflicting stories about the cause of the odor in the car show that she had knowledge of the body being in the trunk.

    Yeah, I can buy that. And actually I do. It's the 31 days for reasonable doubt that worries me. Wonder what story the defense will come up with culminating in the fact that Casey didn't have possession of the car for that short period of time.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here, what proves that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk? Is it just her behavior that makes her guilty? Is behavior enough to convict?
    Is KC's behavior the least credible out of all the characters in this case?

    If the answer is YES, there's your answer.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Is KC's behavior the least credible out of all the characters in this case?

    If the answer is YES, there's your answer.

    Great answer!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Charlotte ,North Carolina
    Posts
    2,013
    LOL Like to see them say Casey didn't put Caylee in the trunk, shoot she wouldn't let anyone NEAR the trunk!!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    Yeah, I can buy that. And actually I do. It's the 31 days for reasonable doubt that worries me. Wonder what story the defense will come up with culminating in the fact that Casey didn't have possession of the car for that short period of time.
    There's no reason for worry.

    To create reasonable doubt, the defense will have to explain away:

    Casey not reporting that Caylee was kidnapped by a phantom babysitter.

    Someone putting a random dead body in Casey's car trunk and then removing it again, without Casey's knowledge.

    Caylee's DNA found in the trunk and Casey refusing to allow George to look in the trunk.

    Casey not packing any of Caylee's clothing or purchasing any baby supplies.

    Casey abandoning a perfectly good car simply because it was out of gas.

    Casey's total lack of concern about her missing daughter and her refusal to provide truthful information to LE that would lead to finding Caylee.

    ....it goes on and on. There's just no way the defense can make sense of it all and plant reasonable doubt.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    There's no reason for worry.

    To create reasonable doubt, the defense will have to explain away:

    Casey not reporting that Caylee was kidnapped by a phantom babysitter.

    Someone putting a random dead body in Casey's car trunk and then removing it again, without Casey's knowledge.

    Caylee's DNA found in the trunk and Casey refusing to allow George to look in the trunk.

    Casey not packing any of Caylee's clothing or purchasing any baby supplies.

    Casey abandoning a perfectly good car simply because it was out of gas.

    Casey's total lack of concern about her missing daughter and her refusal to provide truthful information to LE that would lead to finding Caylee.

    ....it goes on and on. There's just no way the defense can make sense of it all and plant reasonable doubt.
    Yep. WAY too much to explain away.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
    Oh and another thing, they should ask why cindy called 911 and reported the car stolen when she actually had it...they picked it up from the tow yard. Maybe that was the "first" plan, to plant a seed that someone stole the car, hence it was towed and there was a terrible stink in the car. Then they found out from casey that she knew about the smell and was last seen with the car at amscot.
    CA was accusing KC of stealing the car, that's why she told 911 she had a person with her who had committed grand theft auto and money crimes, she also said she had bank or credit card statements showing the theft.

    Her (legal) reasoning could have been, the car is registered to her, KC left it at Amscot, didn't have it in Tampa or where ever KC kept saying she was the week the car was towed.

    Notice at the time she said this she hadn't given her own or KC's name to the dispatcher. She was still trying to get KC to take her to Caylee. Originally calling LE was a threat she hadn't actually planned on following through on. But KC's behavior and refusal to get Caylee, mixed with the odor in the car forced her hand.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
    can the witnesses answer baez one way and then at trial give a different answer? I have seen that happen on law and order but usually they give the district attorney a diffent answer then what they told them before.
    That is called lying under oath, you swear to tell the truth in a depo the same way you do in a trial.

    It makes TV more interesting, but in real life I would hope innocent people would take the oath and perjury charges to heart and not waste the courts time.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,956
    I would like to start off my post by simply saying that I totally believe that Casey kill her daughter. HOWEVER, I totally agree with the lawyers on Nancy Grace and somewhat the defence on proving that it was Casey that did the deed. It's a FACT that Caylee is dead but once they get the body and even now they need to prove that it was Casey that killed her. I can see why the defence is going tihs way and saying that several other people had access to the car. The only thing that is going to get them in a road block is the searches of chloroform that was on the computer. The only people that had access to that computer was Casey's family and Casey so they are once again going to kinda have to prove that it was Casey that searched. I still don't think their strageties will do any good because everything right now proves that Casey did it.
    !~*Mar*~!





  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here, what proves that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk? Is it just her behavior that makes her guilty? Is behavior enough to convict?
    Yes.
    manner of acting or controlling yourself
    the action or reaction of something (as a machine or substance) under specified circumstances; "the behavior of small particles can be studied in experiments"
    demeanor: (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
    (psychology) the aggregate of the responses or reactions or movements made by an organism in any situation
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ition&ct=title

    Behavior - The observable effects of an operation or event, including its results.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/glossar...age-terms#wp-B

    Suspects' behavior aided arrests in heistSuspects' behavior aided arrests in heist, SCOTTSDALE - Two men who were acting nervously caught the attention of Scottsdale police, who later arrested them ...
    www.azcentral.com/rsslinks/770531 - 43k

    Knowledge Solutions LLC 1997 / Behavior Evidence: Understanding ...Fifth, it will conclude by discussing investigatively relevant inferences that can be made about potential suspects from behavior evidence as defined in the ...
    corpus-delicti.com/rape.html - 90k
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

    In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Dreamerlin - All this BEFORE trial???
    Depending on the circumstances following a depo there may be no reason to proceed to trial. Obviously not in murder trial but depositions are done for all sorts of reasons.

    I would not go to a deposition hearing without legal representation. Even though your atty isn't allowed to council you in it, you can ask for a break at anytime. The court reporter and apposing council have to allow you privacy to speak with your atty.

    I once had an atty trying to establish that something happened to me while traveling. I thought he must have heard the whole story and didn't realize initially that he really wasn't sure where I was or who I was with, so he began asking if I had relatives in Illinois. Well I didn't, and I hadn't been to Illinois in years but as he frustration grew he finally asked me if "anyone lived in Illinois" wth do you say to that? He was not appreciative when I told him "Yes, I'm sure there are people who live in Illinois!"

    Silly man didn't need to play games, had he just asked to begin with what had happened I would have told him. I guess sometimes lawyers forget not everyone is trying to hide something!
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  13. #38
    Laneymae's Avatar
    Laneymae is offline The truth will set you free - oops not in this case ...
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,291
    I think there is a thread on this already.

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73636

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    There's no reason for worry.

    To create reasonable doubt, the defense will have to explain away:

    Casey not reporting that Caylee was kidnapped by a phantom babysitter.

    Someone putting a random dead body in Casey's car trunk and then removing it again, without Casey's knowledge.

    Caylee's DNA found in the trunk and Casey refusing to allow George to look in the trunk.

    Casey not packing any of Caylee's clothing or purchasing any baby supplies.

    Casey abandoning a perfectly good car simply because it was out of gas.

    Casey's total lack of concern about her missing daughter and her refusal to provide truthful information to LE that would lead to finding Caylee.

    ....it goes on and on. There's just no way the defense can make sense of it all and plant reasonable doubt.

    I truly hope you are right. I was on a jury for a civil case many years ago that left a bad taste in my mouth as far as "reasonable" is concerned. What went on during deliberation had more to do with who the defendant was rather than testimony IMO. We deliberated for four hours. The last two hours were mine alone trying to argue my point before I finally gave up and caved. The person was found not responsible for the resulting mental and physical disability of a seven y/o boy. I never want to be on a jury again.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    CA was accusing KC of stealing the car, that's why she told 911 she had a person with her who had committed grand theft auto and money crimes, she also said she had bank or credit card statements showing the theft.

    Her (legal) reasoning could have been, the car is registered to her, KC left it at Amscot, didn't have it in Tampa or where ever KC kept saying she was the week the car was towed.

    Notice at the time she said this she hadn't given her own or KC's name to the dispatcher. She was still trying to get KC to take her to Caylee. Originally calling LE was a threat she hadn't actually planned on following through on. But KC's behavior and refusal to get Caylee, mixed with the odor in the car forced her hand.

    You are soooo right on this one.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here, what proves that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk? Is it just her behavior that makes her guilty? Is behavior enough to convict?
    if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by mom4321 View Post
    if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.
    Yeah, I'd like to see the defense explain that one!!!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by mom4321 View Post
    if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.
    I think this is a major problem for the defense. If she hadn't said that and texted that it could actually be a semirelevant arguement for the jury.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I think this is a major problem for the defense. If she hadn't said that and texted that it could actually be a semirelevant arguement for the jury.
    I think Miss KC is in for a shock at exactly how much she has helped in her own prosecution.

    She did what she had to do to take care of her problem, all the while smiling for the camera. Texting friends about odors in her car, getting rid of the odor in her car and lining up her next boyfriend. We can't really say KC hasn't helped LE, she just didn't realize she was doing it!
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    CASEY'S ATTORNEY TO START QUESTIONING WITNESSES

    Casey Anthony's defense attorney is going to start questioning his first prosecution witnesses in the case next Thursday. Among those taking the stand is an employee at the Amscot on Goldenrod and Highway 50 where Casey abandoned her car in late June, employees from Johnson's Wrecker Service, the company that towed the car from the Amscot, and Casey's ex-boyfriend Tony Lazzaro.

    What do they all have in common? They all had access to Casey's car.

    http://www.wftv.com/news/17781526/detail.html
    Here comes Cindy's defense - someone broke into the tow yard and placed someone else's body in the trunk of the car (with no key to access the trunk), then came back and then came back, broke in again and removed said body (which "of courses" was not Caylee')s. All of this done without being seen or leaving any evidence of any breakin to the car.

    GMAB
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    Absolutely! They have to know what the witnesses are going to say in order to build their case. I believe they're just doing what Strickland advised them to do.
    Some work?
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbar53 View Post
    can the witnesses answer baez one way and then at trial give a different answer? I have seen that happen on law and order but usually they give the district attorney a diffent answer then what they told them before.
    I believe the atty can challenge their honesty if they said soemthing else on teh deposition. Witensses are under oath in both situations. This is where attorneys use the witnesses own words against them, thereby undermining their testimony.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    But wait the A's had a key to that car, they aren't on this list? OH of course they aren't.
    Somesone breaking into the trunk (excluding the Anthonys) would leave fingerprints. I am sur epolice dusted the trunk lid for prints.

    Someone has to prove that ANYONE can get into that lot at any time to make this scenario fir (no dogs, no fences, no locks, no video cams, no personnel manning the lot 24/7) Every tow lot I have ever seen has high fences and dogs - tow yards have to protect the vehicles under their care. If they didn't, anyone who had a car towed could just walk into the lot and take their car back.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Feistyoldbroad View Post
    "My client suffers from some severe psychological issues"
    Only works if she was not aware that harming her daughter was wrong. The fact that teh body was hidden shows that Casey KNEW what she did was wrong. Won't fly imo
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by mom4321 View Post
    if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.
    Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I think this is a major problem for the defense. If she hadn't said that and texted that it could actually be a semirelevant arguement for the jury.
    ITA, and I have not come up with anything that closely resembles an explanation for this one. (Not that it bothers me, of course.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •