Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Danielle from TLC. Post your questions here

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.

Welcome Danielle from TLC. Post your questions here

A big Websleuths welcome to Danielle Wilkinson of The Learning Channel.

Danielle contacted for some help regarding the TLC's new true crime show.

Here is what Danielle wants you to know:

Dear Websleuths Members,
    TLC is producing a new true crime series.
    We are looking for people who went above and beyond the call of duty to help the police solve a loved one’s case.
    We are specifically looking for cases that were eventually solved due to the persistence and investigative work of friends or family members of the victims.
    We are trying to highlight the importance of taking an active role in and investigation and let people know, they can make a difference.

Here is the info I promised:
    Production Company: True Entertainment
    http://www.trueentertainment.net/

The show will be airing on TLC.
    TLC Site: http://tlc.discovery.com/

Please let me know if you need any additional info or have any additional
    questions.

Thanks Again!

Sincerely,
    Danielle Wilkinson
    Story Producer

She will be on this forum and this thread tomorrow (Thursday) at 2:00 PM Eastern.

Please join us at this time or if you have any questions or suggestions and you can't be here then please post them now.

Tricia
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Don't forget Danielle Wilkinson of The Learning Channel will be here on this thread at 2:00 PM. If you have ideas about the show or have any questions today is the the day to ask her.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Since I will be at work, I wanted to welcome Ms. Wilkinson to WS early! It is a privilege to have you here and hope you find what you are looking for in a story or two.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Welcome to Websleuths

Good afternoon. I also wanted to wish you a warm welcome and hope that you will find what you are seeking in our midst. There are many here who have been affected by one crime or another, and there should be a wealth of stories to be found. Hopefully they will reach out to you. Good luck and God Bless...

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

:Welcome-12-june: To WS!! !!

Poppy

welcome
    We are fortunate to have you here!

Ms. Wilkinson should be on the board if she is not already.

Welcome Danielle!!

I have posted the information you sent me in the email describing about what type of show it is. Can you please recap for those who are just coming to this thread now?

Also, I have a story idea from one of our members Liz. I"ll post it after you check in.

Tricia
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Welcome Danielle...it's awesome to have you here at WS!

No true crime with any loved ones of mine, and I am grateful for that. How can those of us with no relation to true crime help?

I know she is here. Hopefully she didn't get called into one of those big shot producer type meetings where you get yelled at. I hate that when that happens
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Welcome!

Kirk Bloodsworth, released from prison after many years. The book "Bloodsworth" was written about him.

He was twice found guilty of the sexual assault and murder of a nine-year-old girl. His mother-in-law knew he didn't do it, because he was with her when the crime was committed.

He was the first person to be exonerated with DNA evidence.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

I'm Here!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.
    Please feel free to ask me any questions about our show etc.
    Thanks

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

We are thrilled and honored-even if you do not get a whole lot of family members posting with all of you today, there are some incredible stories housed within the boards....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Why don't you tell us what you are looking for and why you chose WS.

Thank you.
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Quote Originally Posted by mysterycat View Post
    No true crime with any loved ones of mine, and I am grateful for that. How can those of us with no relation to true crime help?
    Perhaps you know of a crime in your area that may not have made national news.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

Other than having a bike stolen when I was a teen years ago and scavage the entire city for it myself for several weeks, driving all over town meeting several odd characters that claimed they could help! I am afraid I am in the same boat as mysterycat.

All though a couple years later I walked by a porch I did actually find my bike sitting on it! But alas it was not worth the trouble by then to do anything about it.
    Dr. Bob Kelso: "Nothing in this world worth having comes easy"

Question if I may?

Does the crime need to be solved already or will there be a chance to highlight stories including family members who are still advocating, searching and have excellent theories regarding their loved ones situation?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

WS Posters,

This is all new to Danielle so give her a bit of time to read and refresh. She is on reading but I know I forget how confusing it can be for a new person.
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Quote Originally Posted by awakewriter View Post
    Perhaps you know of a crime in your area that may not have made national news.
    Casey Anthony case has taken over the news unfortunately so I am not sure if Nancy Ganguzza's case has had any national publicity. She was a jogger in Orlando that was bruttaly murdered, the suspect is still at large. I feel her case is very deserving of national attention.

Why WS?

Here's the "thing." I am new to this world of solving crime. I was trying to find a site that had lots of activity and a great mix of people. I wanted some people who were in law enforcement etc. but I was also looking for the Mom who helps in her spare time or the Dad who reads all he can on a particular case.
    I am the student here and I am turning to all of you for advice.
    I had been directed to Web Sleuths from several leads...so here I am!

Oh, and Jennifer Keese's case is still unsolved, but I think it may have had some national attention during the period she went missing.

Oh and Nicole was murdered several days before Caylee Anthony went missing.

Another thing that could be looked in a news story is the un-believable increase in murder overall here in the land of the Mouse!

Here is a question from one of our members:

Does the crime need to be solved already or will there be a chance to highlight stories including family members who are still advocating, searching and have excellent theories regarding their loved ones situation?
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Ideally...

yes we would like the crime to have been solved. Ideally, it was solved with the HELP of someone close to the crime.
    For instance, we are featuring a a Dr. who was murdered. His son did EVERYTHING he could to bring the killer to "justice." He posted flyers, did news conferences, held media events, gave interviews, placed a reward and even started a MYSPACE page. In the end, a tip came in to the Myspace page and allowed the cops to crack the case.

This is a situation I know of from our area. I do know that EVERYTHING that has been done to find this man has been done by his family. He is still missing.http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/16/20062:46:21PM'

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle W View Post
    yes we would like the crime to have been solved. Ideally, it was solved with the HELP of someone close to the crime.
    For instance, we are featuring a a Dr. who was murdered. His son did EVERYTHING he could to bring the killer to "justice." He posted flyers, did news conferences, held media events, gave interviews, placed a reward and even started a MYSPACE page. In the end, a tip came in to the Myspace page and allowed the cops to crack the case.
    Thank you!!!!!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast