1228 users online (203 members and 1025 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Perhaps she did it for JonBenet

Perhaps PB decided on the staging and lies (after the accidental death of JB) because she didn't want JB to be remembered as a poor child who was offed by her mother. JB deserved better than that! Much more dignity for JB in death to be remembered as a child who was murdered by a stranger. Even more dignity and intrigue and celebrity status for JB if she is remembered as being murdered by a "foreign faction"--that way JB is wrapped in Old Glory and is something no other murdered child has ever been in recent US history....a child sacrificed because of nationality---"America's Daughter". Since JB was already dead, PB made up a fitting end to the up and coming little beauty queen who truly was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. In PB's mind, JB would be forever remembered as American's poor little darling and PB and Jon would be celebrity parents. PB must have been thinking along the lines of the Lindberg case, but the American public did buy in to her scheme.

Please note: I'm not supporting PB's actions, only trying to understand them.

s finch, I've been saying pretty much the same thing for months now.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Who's PB? Peanut Butter? You have all your thoughts and facts down on patsy.
    Sorry, I'm feeling a bit silly.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    iI agree with your feelings about this, s.finch. I think that the Rs wanted their daughter to be as special in death as she was in life, so an over-the-top televised funeral and memorial services were in order. The burial in the pageant dress and tiara, and the fact that JBR was remembered as "America's little beauty queen" were all PR to a tee.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    s finch, I've been saying pretty much the same thing for months now.
    Sorry SuperDave. I haven't read on the JonBenet forum for quite a while so I didn't know you'd already stated this. I've read a lot of your posts in the past and I'm always impressed with your insight and knowledge. Nothing like being late to the party but I had always focused on IF the R's did it, HOW could there have been an intruder, WHY stage it like it was.....and today I think the real answer to the "WHY" dawned on me. Great minds think alike??? Some are just slower than others

Quote Originally Posted by s_finch View Post
    Sorry SuperDave. I haven't read on the JonBenet forum for quite a while so I didn't know you'd already stated this. I've read a lot of your posts in the past and I'm always impressed with your insight and knowledge. Nothing like being late to the party but I had always focused on IF the R's did it, HOW could there have been an intruder, WHY stage it like it was.....and today I think the real answer to the "WHY" dawned on me. Great minds think alike??? Some are just slower than others
    Thank you.

Patsy often likened her daughter to Marilyn Monroe, even printing it on JonBenet's name badge at one pageant. Who better to associate your beauty queen daughter with than the most famous blonde of all time? But, what most people overlook is this: one of the big reasons why Marilyn's legend is so strong is because she died tragically. Marilyn died young and at the peak of her fame, her beauty undiminished. She was not allowed to grow old and obscure. Well, what happened to Marilyn happened to JonBenet, and I can't help but wonder if for the same reason. I don't necessarily mean that JonBenet's death was premeditated (although, there may be those who do). I'm just saying that, if it did start out as an unintentional killing, it might explain to all those naysayers why 911 wasn't called and why all of the staging was done: a child beauty queen, so destined for greatness killed in a common, garden-variety, run-of-the-mill, humdrum domestic incident? That would NEVER do! She was so spectacular in life. She HAD to be spectacular in death. Nothing but the best (or worst, depending on how you see it) for JonBenet. And she IS spectacular in death! Her death made her more well-known to more people than all of her performances put together. Not to mention that it's almost 12 years and people STILL remember her!

It just wouldn't do to have a child beauty queen with such a bright future taken in such a mundane way. But if it could look like JonBenet had been killed in her own home by a popular bogeyman, the kind who gets people thinking with their emotions rather than their good sense, right under the noses of her parents, that would be a fitting death. I'm merely speculating, but I think Patsy figured that JonBenet would make her famous as a beauty queen. With JonBenet dead, that was no longer an option. But make a good crime scene and do your best acting job and you will become a magnet for sympathy. And being a suspect makes you that much more sympathetic. Here's what I mean: Patsy was writing the story of her lifetime, with herself as the hero. And the hero of a story is only as good as the villain is evil. Patsy's story had two villains. One was the intruder she created who took her daughter, the second was the police force which, to hear her tell it, was out to fry her in the electric chair.

..that reminds me of Patsy's whiny remark in DOI regarding her interviews...she said she thought police were trying to catch the killer,not lynch the mother.
    ..with no mention of 'but what if the killer is the mother??'

Quote Originally Posted by s_finch View Post
    Perhaps PB decided on the staging and lies (after the accidental death of JB) because she didn't want JB to be remembered as a poor child who was offed by her mother. JB deserved better than that! Much more dignity for JB in death to be remembered as a child who was murdered by a stranger. Even more dignity and intrigue and celebrity status for JB if she is remembered as being murdered by a "foreign faction"--that way JB is wrapped in Old Glory and is something no other murdered child has ever been in recent US history....a child sacrificed because of nationality---"America's Daughter". Since JB was already dead, PB made up a fitting end to the up and coming little beauty queen who truly was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. In PB's mind, JB would be forever remembered as American's poor little darling and PB and Jon would be celebrity parents. PB must have been thinking along the lines of the Lindberg case, but the American public did buy in to her scheme.

Please note: I'm not supporting PB's actions, only trying to understand them.
    Where does breaking off a paintbrush in her vagina fit into this image? I mean this question seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    Where does breaking off a paintbrush in her vagina fit into this image? I mean this question seriously.
    Then I shall attempt to answer seriously, as I agree with s_finch. I actually address this question in the book, in which I say:

It just wouldn't do to have a child beauty queen with such a bright future taken in such a mundane way. But if it could look like JonBenet had been killed in her own home by a popular bogeyman, the kind who gets people thinking with their emotions rather than their good sense, right under the noses of her parents, that would be a fitting death.

Patsy was writing the story of her lifetime, with herself as the hero. And the hero of a story is only as good as the villain is evil.
    [Pedophiles] are popular bogeymen, the kind that cause people to take leave of their senses. While the odds of actually being victimized by [them] is very low, the media makes them seem to be around every corner, especially when spurred on by opportunistic politicians. In turn, people will often rely more on their emotions than their good sense and take great measures to protect themselves. Let's face it, if people were not afraid of pedophiles and the idea of random kidnappings, television programs like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and To Catch a Predator would not be as popular as they are. In short, [it] seems to be an attempt to play on popular fears.

So, for my money, it fits in quite well.

Moreover, there wasn't much choice.

The most GLARING thing

Would we ever have known about JonBenet Ramsey and her family if not for the family's stated date of death?
    CHRISTMAS NIGHT.

Every Christmas since, and probably for as long as I live, every Christmas is haunted by the memories of the national video footage of the family home, like a gingerbread house with candy canes and snow, and a tiny body being wheeled out in a black body bag.

It doesn't get any more sensational than that. Although I believe with all my heart that she was killed on the 26th, before dawn but after midnight, the family CHOSE to put December 25th as her DOD on her headstone. The reason given- " That's the last day they saw her alive".

The other single most sensationalized part of her death was of JonBenet's body being placed in a pageant formal wearing a crown..
    Patsy, Patsy, Patsy.

"Acquiring a pet may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative".

This is MY truth, and this is my new baby puppy, Beau Monde.
    He will be joined in July by a tiny playmate.
    Please spay and neuter your dogs and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    Would we ever have known about JonBenet Ramsey and her family if not for the family's stated date of death?
    CHRISTMAS NIGHT.

Every Christmas since, and probably for as long as I live, every Christmas is haunted by the memories of the national video footage of the family home, like a gingerbread house with candy canes and snow, and a tiny body being wheeled out in a black body bag.
    Same with me.

WHO is "PB?"

I think he means PR.

Thank you...I couldn't make any sense of it unless it was referring to Patsy.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    And even the "Christmas Night" date of death may be just more staging by the parents. They claim to not know what happened to their daughter- PR "finds" the note early the next morning on the 26th. As an RN, the presumption is that the kidnapping victim is still alive, or there would be no ransom paid. So if the Rs are innocent of involvement, at that point they should believe she is still alive. Later on the 26th, her father "finds" her body. If the parents had no involvement, they wouldn't really know when she died, it could have been after midnight. Actually, estimates of the time of death, based on the autopsy report (contents of the digestive tract, stages of rigor and livor mortis) place the time of death between 12 midnight and 1am, so technically she died on the 26th. But it sounds so much more dramatic to say she died Christmas night.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast