A search for caylee

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I received this email about a search for Caylee this weekend. I am posting this with the warning; GO AT YOUR OWN RISK.THEY SAY THE ARE SEARCHING WITH TES. I HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT THEM. BUT I HAVE NOT HAD TIME NOR WILL I HAVE THE TIME TO CHECK THIS OUT.

They have provided contact info which is good. Here you go...

Come Search for Caylee Anthony and Camp at KOA!
We have reserved a group site at KOA campground 12345 Narcoossee Rd. in Orlando for searchers who are interested in camping for the weekend!
Here is the web address for the campground so you can check it out!
http://www.koa.com/where/fl/09322/
Plan to search on both Saturday and Sunday!
Usually single tents sites are $32.00 per night but KOA is being extremely generous and giving us a group rate of $6.00 per person, per night.
We can only accept 50 people so please respond quickly. This site is for tents only - NO RV's! Please do not contact the campground for information as we do not want to overwhelm them.
We have reserved the site for 3 nights.
Nov. 7th, 8th and 9th.
The idea is to accommodate as many schedules as we can.
We will be setting up camp on Friday afternoon, searching Saturday and Sunday, and because we have the site for Sunday night we don't have to check out until Monday at 11:00 am.
No open fires will be allowed but we can bring enclosed fire pits as long as they are completely self contained.
No pets will be allowed except service animals (Search and Rescue Canines) who have the proper certification papers.
We are really excited and hope to fill all fifty slots within just the next few days.
We look forward to searching and camping with everyone.
Feel free to spread this notice around the internet! We want to help in any way we can.
==========

This will be a search with TES.

http://www.texasequusearch.org

Searchers will need to fill out an application and a registration agreement.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/membership_app.html

==========
For those of you who cannot join us: Please keep all of the searchers in your thoughts and prayers the weekend of November 8th. Please pray for Caylee to found.

Interested? Contact: dsntslp@yahoo.com

Please note: You do not have to become a TES member to join us. You will need to fill out a volunteer agreement at the command center. We welcome TES members and the general public to join us in this search.

Our thanks to Tricia for posting this!

Tricia,

I don't think the search is for this weekend, the dates say it is for Nov. 7th, 8th and 9th.

I wish I livd there to help, can only pray that the search is fruitful........blessings to all that search!

I wish I livd there to help, can only pray that the search is fruitful........blessings to all that search!

Blessings and lots of luck! Tim stated on NG that he is expecting thousands to participate. Maybe Caylee will finally be given a proper burial,
:blowkiss:

This is just a note to confirm the search plans that dsntslp has provided. It is on the up and up. I hope others join as well and perhaps we can help find closure. I am also trying to attend, with the help of dsntslp I might just make it :grouphug:

Has anyone contacted bikers in the area? They are well known to be helpful in causes for children. Also, how about contacting Mark Lunsford, father of the late Jessica Lunsford? He knows lots of people that would probably be willing to help.

Please note: You do not have to become a TES member to join us. You will need to fill out a volunteer agreement at the command center. We welcome TES members and the general public to join us in this search.

Our thanks to Tricia for posting this!

From Erin Bridwell, TES:
TES has no affiliation with dsntslp, however, dsntslp has reserved these camp spots for folks who wish to search with TES on those dates. Dsntslp has permission from TES to post this information.

TES is glad to have available possible "lodging" accomodations here for it's searchers, but would like to clarify that the campout is not an officially sponsored event by Texas Equusearch..

Posted with permission from TES, so go out and search, have a smoore!!

I would like to take a moment and explain how this camping offer came about.
Yes. I am a TES member. When this camping idea first started there were a few of us who thought we might go camping (some TES members and some not) to save on hotel expenses and also to try and have a little fun at the same time. I thought I would rather be by a little fire roasting marshmallows at night than sitting in a hotel lobby or trying to socialize in someones hotel room. One of our campers also has a cadaver dog and she also thought this was a better idea than a hotel room. I asked the rest of our small group and they felt the same way.

In the beginning there were 7 of us. I called and asked Sandy at KOA for prices on tent sites. When I called back the second time she asked what it was we were trying to accomplish and how many campers we expected. I explained there were 7 of us confirmed but that I would like to be able to add a few more who were not certain yet.
Sandy explained to me that instead of renting single tent sites we might be better off in a group site. She explained the pricing guidelines and I was just amazed at the difference in price. OK, so now my brain is clicking. "Hey, I can get more people to help search this way!" I told Sandy I would reserve the group site.

In the beginning (yesterday) we were a group of seven. After I made the reservation I thought "Well, we will do good if we get 20". Now we are determined to try our hardest to fill all 50 slots. What started out as a searching/camping trip for seven has mushroomed and blossomed.
We have never done anything like this before (honestly) but it all just seemed to fall into place. We couldn't turn it down. We are willing to do whatever it takes to help TES!

We realize in todays economy not everyone can afford a hotel for the weekend plus the cost of eating out. We were afraid if we did not reserve the site then it might not be available when we needed it. Besides, Sandy at KOA made us an offer we just could not refuse.

I called TES this morning and explained the situation, that we were sending out posts and emails about our camping offer. I talked to Erin Bridwell and she thought it was a great idea!
Please realize that due to how quickly this all transpired none of us were prepared for this. There is no way TES can say this is a TES sanctioned event because there might be liability on their part. I would not want them to assume that laibility. The first notices we sent out yesterday actually avoided stating that some of us are TES members for precisely this reason. Then we started receiving emails that people were concerned we were going to search on our own and disturb evidence. That is when I decided I better talk to Erin and tell her how this was growing.

I hope this answers some of the questions. Feel free to ask as many more as you like.
Please feel free to copy and share the notice and help us spread the word!
We are looking forward to making this endeavor a success and to helping TES in any way we can.

Hey-
another example of a dilgent and dedictaed TES Member!

What a great idea, and thanks for clarifying.

See y'all at the search, let's bring her home.

So the search effort is TES sanctioned search it is just the camping part of this discussion that is not TES sanctioned? and that is meerly to hold them from liability.

Is that correct? I was confused at first but this seems to be what I think is going on.

Fortunately I live locally and do not need a camp site but I am almost tempted just to go camping!

So the search effort is TES sanctioned search it is just the camping part of this discussion that is not TES sanctioned? and that is meerly to hold them from liability.

Is that correct? I was confused at first but this seems to be what I think is going on.

Fortunately I live locally and do not need a camp site but I am almost tempted just to go camping!
Yes! You got it! I am sorry if it is confusing. Yes, the search we will attend is the TES search. No the camping part is not TES sanctioned but we have their blessings so to speak. If you would like to camp just let me know! Glad to have you!

Yes. I am a TES member. When this camping idea first started there were a few of us who thought we might go camping (some TES members and some not) to save on hotel expenses and also to try and have a little fun at the same time. I thought I would rather be by a little fire roasting marshmallows at night than sitting in a hotel lobby or trying to socialize in someones hotel room. One of our campers also has a cadaver dog and she also thought this was a better idea than a hotel room. I askedthe rest of our small group and they felt the same way.

In the beginning there were 7 of us. I called and asked Sandy at KOA for prices on tent sites. When I called back the second time she asked what it was we were trying to accomplish and how many campers we expected. I explained there were 7 of us confirmed but that I would like to be able to add a few more who were not certain yet.
Sandy explained to me that instead of renting single tent sites we might be better off in a group site. She explained the pricing guidelines and I was just amazed at the difference in price. OK, so now my brain is clicking. "Hey, I can get more people to help search this way!" I told Sandy I would reserve the group site.

In the beginning (yesterday) we were a group of seven. After I made the reservation I thought "Well, we will do good if we get 20". Now we are determined to try our hardest to fill all 50 slots. What started out as a searching/camping trip for seven has mushroomed and blossomed.
We have never done anything like this before (honestly) but it all just seemed to fall into place. We couldn't turn it down. We are willing to do whatever it takes to help TES!

We realize in todays economy not everyone can afford a hotel for the weekend plus the cost of eating out. We were afraid if we did not reserve the site then it might not be available when we needed it. Besides, Sandy at KOA made us an offer we just could not refuse.

I called TES this morning and explained the situation, that we were sending out posts and emails about our camping offer. I talked to Erin Bridwell and she thought it was a great idea!
Please realize that due to how quickly this all transpired none of us were prepared for this. There is no way TES can say this is a TES sanctioned event because there might be liability on their part. I would not want them to assume that laibility. The first notices we sent out yesterday actually avoided stating that some of us are TES members for precisely this reason. Then we started receiving emails that people were concerned we were going to search on our own and disturb evidence. That is when I decided I better talk to Erin and tell her how this was growing.

I hope this answers some of the questions. Feel free to ask as many more as you like.
We are looking forward to making this endeavor a success and to helping TES in any way we can.

WOW, you're are awesome for putting this together! Great job :blowkiss:

I hope you all find Caylee & bring her back home so she can have a decent place to rest. Caylee & you all will be in my prayers. :rose:

This is a wonderful idea! I searched last time and can see where being with a group of other searchers to wind down afterwards will be beneficial. Your task ahead is daunting, and will keep you in my prayers. Unfortunately, I have commitments I can not get out of that weekend or I would be back down there, but I will be with you in spirit.

Good luck to you all, stay safe and find Caylee.

I have stayed at many a KOA in my lifetime and wish I could be there to help. Peace and success to all of those who search on 11/8...

Yes. I am a TES member. When this camping idea first started there were a few of us who thought we might go camping (some TES members and some not) to save on hotel expenses and also to try and have a little fun at the same time. I thought I would rather be by a little fire roasting marshmallows at night than sitting in a hotel lobby or trying to socialize in someones hotel room. One of our campers also has a cadaver dog and she also thought this was a better idea than a hotel room. I asked the rest of our small group and they felt the same way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back