Would not want this spider in my backyard!!

There was just a show last night on the History channel called Monsterquest and it featured HUGE spider reports in South America that were so big they reportedly at a small dog!!

So, it's quite a coincidence you posted that story at the same time.

I did a quick search for the "golden orb spider" on google and it seems there are tons of sub-species. eek, i REALLY don't like spiders. I try my hardest to co-exist with them in my home, but if they make their presence known too often I tend to freak out and squish them.

I am not a fan or spiders (except daddy long legs) so when I saw this, I can predict that my dreams tonight will be all about 8 legged creepy crawlies! Yuck!

Just be glad you're not living in prehistoric times since back then you had 3 to 4 FOOT spiders which ate animals! How would you like to see one of those in the middle of the night in your bedroom?

A fly swatter wouldn't do the job! LOL!

Eeeeeek!

I actually looked up the bird to reassure myself (they're smaller than a sparrow so it was pretty tiny) but that actually freaked me out more when I realized that the spider was almost as big as a sparrow!
I'm so glad we don't have those spiders here, I would never leave the house. With my luck though I'd probably get an indoor infestation or something lol:crazy: I actually like spiders in general but this one is just tooooo big.

Remember these spiders in Iraq
4q08dg.jpg
.....omg......ew ew ew.

EW EW EW spiders are just creepy. I hope to never see any that big and YIKES those in Iraq are scary.

Remember these spiders in Iraq
4q08dg.jpg
.....omg......ew ew ew.

Thankfully I think that Iraq picture was kind of faked. The spiders are pretty huge though. They get to be about 6 inches wide or something, the guys in the picture just held up some spiders close to the camera so they looked bigger. A 6 inch spider is still pretty huge though (and bigger than the one that ate the little bird).
I'm going to be imagining crawly things all day now! No more spider thread for me lol.

Um is that guy planning to get rid of that spider problem in his backyard? Sorry but knowing there is a spider that big in my backyard would make me a little uncomfortable! Someone hand him some raid or something:)

Earlier this year I was walking in my yard between a bush and a tree. They are about 6 feet or so apart, so the last thing on my mind was to watch for a giant spider web. It was so gross! The spider's body was the size of a half dollar coin - round and plump. The legs were big too, but it was the size of the body that freaked me out. I put told the kids they had to stay in the house and I grabbed the raid. When I first sprayed, the spider ran into the bush, so the whole bush got a coat of Raid.

OMG that thing is HUGE!!!!

Ewwww... now i feel like crawlers all over me...!!!

I'm an oncology RN and have seen some ghastly wounds and holes in people . . . but none have made me want to puke like that huuuuuuuuuge spider eating the bird. OMG. Uurp.

:wink: :D Whatever, LOL! It's still ugly and HUGE!

Hehe, that doesn't freak me out in the slightest! I love spiders.

That said, as I mentioned in another thread, I am terrified of grasshoppers. So you can feel free to laugh at me about that one :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back