Grand Jury indictment - Judge apologizes to the Jury

frenchvixen

Reaction score
I remember during the GJ testimony that there was a mixup of feeds between media and the secret GJ testimony hearing. Eventually the media informed the courtoom of this but there was a mention that the judge apologized to the jury for showing them certain pictures. Does any one have an idea of what pics were shown to the jury that would cause the judge to apologize?

Yes, from what I understand they were able to hear what was going on in there (unless I'm mistaken).

I thought it was the judge appologizing for pictures of the GJ being shown, not the GJ being shown pictures?

They were graphic evidence photos, however, the Grand Jury hears more than 1 case, so they may be completely unrelated to the Caylee Anthony case.

Usually a Grand Jury sits for a period of time and hears multiple cases in increments of 3 to 8 hours and they either vote for or against indictment for each case. It's not like a trial jury that just sits for one single case.

The Judge was releasing the GJ's from service, my understanding was, he was speaking of the pictures they were shown during their time of service, not this case per say.

Remember, this was their last case to hear before a new GJ was seated.

HTH

Oh holy moley - don't let any of the news stations leak anything from the GJ that they might have heard - that could lead to a mis trial or starting from scratch - please please News people don't leak anything

also I think it is a crime to release info - not sure - this has to be rumor - can it be moved there?

Sorry about the confusion. I thought it was related to the case. I read it somewhere and it has been on the mind since the GJ hearing. I guess this should go in the rumors thread.

I don't think it had anything to do with the media feed. I think it had to do with the evidence that was shown to the jurors. And imo, it was pictures of activities that KC participated in, while Cayl was passed out (or asleep) on the couch. The pictures were not nice.....

Got this from an interview done on another website that I can't mention here.

my understanding was that it was related to another case they had heard, as well.

This has been talked about a lot and IIRC, the station let the court know that it was an audio problem only, ....and was very brief testimony of George; ......that was when the station relized that it was THIS case - hence, by the sound of his voice.

Anybody else remember this ? And as for the apology, maybe he did mean during their entire service for all months.......

but he made the statement with the apology in it right after the announcement of the indictment of THIS case and I recall him thanking thim.....it was almost as if my mind interpreted that as meaning Caylee's Case (was difficult to absorb in many aspects)....

I think I want to hear his words again....

I thought I remembered the apology being issued from the podium and I was thinking it was the State's Attn. making the apology to the jury as he handed the papers forward to the judge who then sealed the indictments.

It seemed as if the apology was specific to this case at the time also

He apologized that the testimony was being fed to the media by mistake, he also chastized the media to ensure they would NOT release the broadcast as it would jepordize the case.

IIRC what was said was that the jury had seen things no one should have to see. and I think it was lamar that said it, not the judge....

...no source, just my memory.

...really all juries see what no one should have to...that's not necessarily indicative of this GJ seeing something awfully bad.

IIRC what was said was that the jury had seen things no one should have to see. and I think it was lamar that said it, not the judge....

...no source, just my memory.

...really all juries see what no one should have to...that's not necessarily indicative of this GJ seeing something awfully bad.

Yes I do recall something to that affect coming from the judge. it was in line with the appology about the broadcast, kind of like saying " hey sorry you had to not only suffer hearing such horrible testimony but also to have to be here to witness this stupid media mistake as well while you are putting forth such a difficult effort to pass judgement over this, and the media better not release any of the "slipped" information or else! "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back