In the trunk 2.6 days Decomp Info #1

Bev

Reaction score
The reason this is important is that it gives LE an whole new time frame of where and when KC dumped the body. It would be some time on the 19th that she would have disposed of it so the pings on that date would be of the utmost importance. This really narrows the window of opportunity for Texeqsh, doesn't it?

The reason this is important is that it gives LE an whole new time frame of where and when KC dumped the body. It would be some time on the 19th that she would have disposed of it so the pings on that date would be of the utmost importance. This really narrows the window of opportunity for Texeqsh, doesn't it?

I think it is longer than 2.6 days. There was room for error in the reported data.

What happened to the 11 days? I thought it was stated on NG that KC drove around with Caylee for about 11 days.

2.6 days is a much shorter time frame. I want to know how it ties into the 3 witnesses that saw her coming out of the woods.

I am wondering if she was spotted once when she left the body there and then again, when she went back to check on the body.

Do we have dates on when these "sightings" occurred? I haven't seen any.

Yes Bev, I do think this will help TEQ!

Salem

thank you for starting this thread...LOL...I just ask on the NG thread if we should start one

Im not good at reading the charts on the FBI info.....did it say that the air was also 2.6 days....or just the decomp....my thinking is if its just the decomp...then maybe after the 2.6 days KC put her into something and yet the air could have more days left....does that make since.....

and just because there was only 2.6 days of decomp....doesnt mean she wasnt then placed into something that didnt allow any more decomp out...

Well, I think it's longer than 2.6 days too, but what do I know? In my opinion his estimation is probably off several days, I do think that LE will fall into line with the 2.6 days.

I'd like to know when the alleged sightings were too.

if the air samples are higher....then that would also be important for the timeline...I would think.....

This still brings us back to the cadaver hit in the backyard in a round about way. I wonder if she was taken from the trunk to the backyard or from the backyard to the trunk. What was a dead Caylee doing in the backyard..PERIOD?:waitasec:

:argue::argue:eek:k....talking to myself....

This still brings us back to the cadaver hit in the backyard in a round about way. I wonder if she was taken from the trunk to the backyard or from the backyard to the trunk. What was a dead Caylee doing in the backyard..PERIOD?:waitasec:

yes that is my thought also.....was she in the trunk...died...there for 2.6 days...brought to the house...and then put into something and then disposed of?

or died either trunk or at house ...left in the back yard for 2.6 days and then into the trunk and then disposed.....or put into something and then disposed

I haven't read any of the forensics yet. tell me about the 2.6 days.

but one thing is very clear....there was some kind of clean up....for them to have only found one hair....

Im not great at this....but from what I read is that the decomp was 2.6 days old.....but I dont know about the air....if it was aslo 2.6 days of deomp air...

I have to go for now....kids are needing me....but I hope this thread continues and I will be back later....:)

TakeNote - this is how I read the report. The ratio of calcium to magnesium is
5 : 1 at 90 adds for a decomposing body and I'm assuming that means at a means of ambient air at 72F. The report said that the ratio of calcium to magnesium at a means of 95F in Florida is an indication that the body was in its 2.6th day of decomposition when it was removed.

Personally, I don't think this is a good estimate - the means temp of Florida for 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 June was 86F, eleven degrees cooler than the 95F. If the average temp in a trunk is 10 degrees higher than the ambient temp then the real temp in the trunk was about 95F. Since the decomp was allegedly anaerobic and it was cooler than estimated in the report then the body could have been in that trunk to about the 20th of June.

Okay - it said the decomp gases were consistent with anerobic (lack of oxygen) type of death. How long would Caylee have to be in the trunk to suffocate? I think KC smothered or choked her, then put her in the trunk. Then went back to the house to put her in the yard. Decided that was not a good idea and moved her later.

A trunk is not airtight and Caylee, especially if she was sleeping, could have survived in there for a fairly long period of time. It does not sound as if she died from heat exhaustion, but I'm no scientist. But heat exhaustion does not suffocate you does it?

Salem

2.6 days -

The FBI reports released are not all of the trunk evidence, many reports are still missing such as soil samples, maggot testing etc. but from these 34 pages here is what it states…..Caylee died and was placed somewhere first (doll house) and after the decomp process started; Caylee was placed in an air tight container such as a plastic bag and decomp started to break down the destruction of cells and organs due to an aseptic chemical process. When the body's cells reach the final stage of autolysis, an anaerobic environment is created, that is, an environment wherein oxygen is not present. This allows the body's normal bacteria to break down the remaining carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. The products from the breakdown create acids, gases, and other products which cause volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and putrefactive effects. VOCs are produced during the early stages of human decomposition. This is the exact decomp the FBI lab found in the trunk which means that Caylee was dead 2.6 days before the decomp juices leaked in the trunk.

aka- the juices are that of a decomp at 2.6 days

***it could also be caylee died in the trunk and was there 2.6 days of decomp staged juices; then moved****

Actually, I don't think the report is saying that the death was suffocation, the report is saying that the level of gases measured is consistent with the decomposition of a body that is in a fairly airtight container - in other words air did not promote as rapid decomposition as a body would that was just placed into the trunk without being contained in something.

page 23 of the docs today:

The five chemicals present in the air sample that indicate human decomp and calculate PMI (preliminary report) are:

Carbon Disulfide
Carbon Tetrachloride
Chloroform
Dimethyl Trisulfide
Dimethyl Disulfide

All five of these occur during the early stages of decomp, less than 100 ADD (accumulative degree day- see bodyfarm website for formula, but it calculates how much decomp will occur in an environment accounting for the heat the body is exposed to).

The carpet samples using calcium/magnesium ratio show 90 ADD, the sodium level is low but that is not uncommon during early decomp, and the low amount of carbon is indicative of a low PMI (post mortem interval, time dead). Based on the heat in Florida this works out to be 2.6 days with their formula.

If she was dead longer and then moved into the trunk there would be additional chemicals present that don't appear until a much higher ADD. See chart provided in docs.

The docs do say these numbers are preliminary and timeline may change, but that would be more likely sliding up or down a half day to day. The difference between 2.6 days and 11 is a long time scientifically.

I think she killed her on the 16th, loaded her on the 17th, and dumped her late on the 18the or sometime on the 19th.... which really goes with most of the early theories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back