Identified! FL - Volusia Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP923, 25-40, in woods near I-95, Apr'90 - Roberta “Bobbie” Lynn Weber

What'sThatClue

Reaction score
This case has bothered me since I first saw it a few years ago. I wish somehow she could be identified and returned home, wherever that may be.

http://volusia.org/sheriff/default.htm

janedoe2.jpg

janedoe1sm.jpg

Classified as a Jane Doe for over a decade, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is continuing its investigation of an unidentified murder victim whose skeletal remains were found in some woods near Ormond Beach in 1990.
For more information click here.

http://volusia.org/sheriff/press/2001PressReleases/December/010221.htm

SKULL RECONSTRUCTION HOLDS CLUES TO 1990 MURDER CASE

Classified as a Jane Doe for over a decade, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is attempting to breathe new life into the investigation of an unidentified murder victim whose skeletal remains were found in some woods near Ormond Beach in 1990. And investigators have a new tool in their search to identify the murder victim — a clay reconstruction of her skull that shows the best likeness yet of the woman whose identity still remains a mystery. Officials hope the likeness will jog someone’s memory and help identify the victim. Investigators say that would be a major step towards catching the killer. "We’re hoping someone will see the reconstructed skull and be able to tell us who this woman was," said Inv. Donna Davis with the Sheriff’s Office’s Major Case Unit. "We would love to be able to put a name to this face and bring some closure to this case. She’s been dead for 10 years, and the last thing we can do for this victim is find her killer. Identifying the victim would mark a big step forward in this investigation."

That’s where Anne M. Coy with the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office comes in. A forensic artist and crime scene technician, Volusia investigators turned to Coy for help. Using her FBI training in forensic archaeology and facial imaging, Coy spent about a week reconstructing the victim’s skull and applying a clay exterior to give the victim life-like hair and facial features. "The work that went into the reconstruction was incredibly detailed and meticulous," said Inv. Davis, who inherited the homicide case in 2000. "This is probably the best chance we’ve had in some time to identify the victim."

The victim’s skeletal remains were discovered on April 23, 1990 in a wooded area east of Clyde Morris Boulevard, approximately 1 ½ miles north of Strickland Range Road, along a path that leads from Clyde Morris Boulevard to Avenue D in the Daytona Pines subdivision. The death has been ruled a homicide. The victim was killed approximately 3-8 weeks before the skeleton was discovered, according to an examination of the remains that was conducted by a forensic anthropologist with the Human Identification Laboratory at the University of Florida’s Museum of Natural History. Based on the examination, the victim is believed to be a white woman who would have been in her early 30s in 1990, although it’s possible she was between the ages of 25-40 at the time of her death. She was approximately 5'4" tall, with a medium build and light brown hair that investigators believe may have been tied into two pig tails with red bands. The examination revealed that the victim may have given birth to one or more children during her lifetime. Information about the skeletal and dental remains have been compared with state and national missing persons reports, but so far have yielded no clues to the identity of the victim.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Inv. Brian Nardiello at (386)-254-1535 or Crime Stoppers of Volusia & Flagler Counties, toll-free at 1-888-277-TIPS. This will be an anonymous call, and you could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers doesn't want your name, just your information.

Sounds like a case for America's Most wanted--solved a few Jane Does!!!

If this type of recon is accurate (Carl is the expert on this, I won't even pretend to know anything), then I would love to see this type of recon on Walker County Jane Doe. I am amazed how lifelike this recon is.

I did a search and didn't see this info listed. Sorry if it has already been posted and I missed it. :blushing:

From the Daytona Beach News Journal:

Volusia sheriff releases new images of Jane Doe found 25 years ago

bilde

The Jane Doe is described as between 25 and 40 years old, about 5-feet 4-inches in height with a medium build and brown hair tied back into pigtails.

According to Monday’s release, forensic exams showed the woman may had multiple children during her life.

Investigators are urging anyone with information about the renderings to call Sgt. Pat Thoman at 386-254-1535 or contact Crime Stoppers of Volusia and Flagler counties at 888-277-TIPS (8477) to submit an anonymous tip. Those who supply deputies with pertinent information in the case could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $5,000.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20150420/NEWS/150429988?p=1&tc=pg

Newbie question... would Namus have automatically found a match with this doe and Ellen Akers automatically (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5783/5)? After the Berry/DeJesus/Knight case in Cleveland and the Dugard case, I'm a lot more open to extreme possibilities about older does and missing teens/children... The timeline would put Ellen Akers at 24 when this body was found, just one year below the 25 minimum age estimate...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mccoy_marinthia.html

Missing from the neighbouring Daytona Beach, or Jacksonville (an hour and a half away). The age is within range, she had a child, and if Jane Doe was 5'0 the height would be an exact match

But I suppose they'd have ruled her out by dentals, both have dentals in Namus.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I also came up with McCoy as a match for this UID. The route from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville goes north through Volusia County. I thought dental matches had to be done manually, which would mean McCoy would appear on the ruleouts list if she's been compared? Isn't it only when the UID and MP have the same type of DNA test done that they auto-compare?

I also came up with McCoy as a match for this UID. The route from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville goes north through Volusia County. I thought dental matches had to be done manually, which would mean McCoy would appear on the ruleouts list if she's been compared? Isn't it only when the UID and MP have the same type of DNA test done that they auto-compare?

This UID's NamUs profile has been updated today. In Oct 2020 I turned this possible match and received the response below:
Good morning,

I have reached out to NamUs to have the dental charts compared. If the unidentified person and the missing person are not a match, the missing person will be listed as such.

Thank you for your input on this case.

Well, Marinthia still isn't listed as a rule out.

This is the current rule out list
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
MP20064 Korrina Sagers Malinoski 11/21/1987 Berkeley SC
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP3292Patricia Vaughan 05/15/1982 Hartford CT

Another exclusion was added today, 6/6/22 to this Jane Doe's rule out list
MP8644
Doreen
Marfeo
03/29/1990
Providence
RI

Still waiting to see if Marinthia is a match!

Another rule out was added on 7/25/22 - Ann Lubrano
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP12045 Ann Lubrano
Date of Last Contact November 14, 1989
State NY
County Kings
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8644 Doreen Marfeo
Date of Last Contact March 29, 1990
State RI
County Providence
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP20064Korrina Sagers Malinoski
Date of Last Contact November 21, 1987
State SC
CountyBerkeley
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2413Tiffany Sessions
Date of Last Contact February 09, 1989
State FL
County Alachua
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP3292Patricia Vaughan
Date of Last Contact May 15, 1982
State CT
County Hartford

Did you reach out to the ME or NamUs?
I just saw this. I went back thru my email to see who I contacted and I can't find it. The Jane Doe's NamUs profile was modified on 4/16/23 but no new rule outs/exclusions were added.

There are a number of potential matches which I found for this Jane Doe, but I think Misty Michelle Mock is by far the strongest, both in terms of physical resemblance to the reconstruction and the circumstances.

Misty's nose, lips, hairline, eye placement, and brow bone are nearly exact matches to Jane Doe. Her jawline also looks very similar to the Jane Doe.

She was approximately 5 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance, which means she would have given birth sometime around October or November 1989. Southern Georgia, which was her last known location, is also not far from Ormond Beach -- although we don't know where exactly in southern GA Mock was arrested, by way of example, Brunswick, GA (on the Atlantic coast) is only a 2.5-hour drive from Ormond Beach, FL.

Misty Michelle Mock - #MP842
Missing From: Tacoma, WA
Missing Age: 22
DLC: April 1, 1989
Height: 4'11" - 5'0" (59 - 60 inches) [MATCH to the UID's NamUs height]
Hair Color: Brown [MATCH]
Eye Color: Blue [MATCH]
Circumstances: Mock led a transient lifestyle in 1989, which included alcohol usage and occasional prostitution. She moved to Texas with her boyfriend sometime in April 1989, then apparently traveled to Florida a few weeks later.

Mock's last known location was in southern Georgia, where she was arrested for public intoxication on June 1, 1989. The arresting officer stated that she was approximately five months pregnant at that time.

She disappeared after being released from custody and has never been heard from again. She is originally from Tacoma, Washington; that city's authorities are handling her investigation. (per Charley Project)
842_215525.jpg923_2824.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u