1184 users online (191 members and 993 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Casey Anthony Trial Date Set, Could Cost Taxpayers

Most likely, the trial won't happen at the Orange County courthouse. No one can say how many 10s of thousands of dollars the investigation has already cost. Moving the trial could put taxpayers on the hook for tens of thousands more, maybe even for Casey Anthony's defense.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17815663/detail.html
    Last edited by JBean; 10-27-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: copyright violation. Just post a couple sentences please :)
    "The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland

From the link above:
    <snip>
    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News was the first to find out a trial date has been set in the case against Casey. She'll be tried for first-degree murder on February 9 and the case is going to be expensive, especially if it's moved out of town.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    From the link above:
    <snip>
    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News was the first to find out a trial date has been set in the case against Casey. She'll be tried for first-degree murder on February 9 and the case is going to be expensive, especially if it's moved out of town.
    I hate to even begin to tell you the cost of the Scott Peterson trial. Just moving it from Stanislaus County where jurors were paid $5 a day to Redwood City where jurors were paid (I think) $19 a day was substantial.

I don't have the total figure, but it was ridiculous, but worth every penny to put that murderer on death row.

Scott Peterson Prosecution Totals $4.13 Million
    April 24, 2005
    The prosecution of Scott Peterson cost Stanislaus County taxpayers $4.13 million, some of which they hope the state of California will pay.

Stanislaus County is not a wealthy county and I believe the state did reimburse the county for some if not all of the expense. It would have been much cheaper to have not moved it. I know we gave up many law enforcement positions for a while until we got reimbursed.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

At least they've set a date. I wonder why Baez didn't ask for a speedy trial if he is so confident that LE doesn't have a case against KC?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    At least they've set a date. I wonder why Baez didn't ask for a speedy trial if he is so confident that LE doesn't have a case against KC?
    Hey, the poor man needs time - there's that public speaking course he signed up for; the "how to file a motion" chapter to read; court etiquette to study, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosey Parker View Post
    Hey, the poor man needs time - there's that public speaking course he signed up for; the "how to file a motion" chapter to read; court etiquette to study, etc.
    Don't forget "forensic testing for dummies"
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

Plus he's got that story all ready to go that's going to make the whole world slap their collective foreheads and say "Oh now I understand!".

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    And "Hocus Pocus for Nurses of Decomposition"

oh gosh - waiting waiting waiting. I can't even handle waiting for Nov 8th for TES to search, let alone February for this trial to start. Watchin' paint dry.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    You don't think 4 months (from indictment) isn't speedy?
    Some inmates wait years for their trials.
    Honestly, I'm amazed the trial will be so soon.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    I wonder how much they are paying for KOBE?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    You don't think 4 months (from indictment) isn't speedy?
    Some inmates wait years for their trials.
    Honestly, I'm amazed the trial will be so soon.
    WOW, I was thinking trial date in late Spring-mid summer.

Four months seems pretty darn speedy to me.

Casey thinking from her cell, "I can be out in time for the St Patrick's Day party at Fusion"

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    I guess I don't understand how tax payers may have to foot the bill for her lawyer and experts? If she says she can't pay wouldn't the judge then order a public defender and experts that work pro bono?

I just don't get how if I, or anyone else, committed a crime the state would pay for me to choose which every lawyer I wanted and for that lawyer to choose whichever expert wittinesses he wanted to bring in. It doesn't seem right to me.
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    I guess I don't understand how tax payers may have to foot the bill for her lawyer and experts? If she says she can't pay wouldn't the judge then order a public defender and experts that work pro bono?

I just don't get how if I, or anyone else, committed a crime the state would pay for me to choose which every lawyer I wanted and for that lawyer to choose whichever expert wittinesses he wanted to bring in. It doesn't seem right to me.
    IM - I don't understand it either and as a Florida taxpayer, I don't quite like it either. If she wants the state to pay for her defense, then she should be required to have a state-appointed defense attorney; not a "JB Dream Team". LOL
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast