Psst-we attacked Syria today...Oct 2008

call me crazy, but I am not getting the rationalization...waiting for the spin, please. JMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/10/27/syria.iraq/index.html

The first sentence says " The U.S. military conducted a successful strike into Syria on Sunday to kill a suspected al Qaeda facilitator, a U.S. official said Monday."

An Al Qaeda operative was targeted and taken out. Whether we are seeing photos which are doctored or not is something we may not know for a while. Ditto on the comments. We don't know what happened until the final reports are in. It's just like when Israel and Palestine bomb each other, both say the other did this that and the other thing. The truth rarely is found in any reports.
The Mid-east is unstable and overrun with radical terrorist cells. It is not a safe place to live or to visit.
The focus has always been Al Qaeda, and should be. The terrorist cells of Al Qaeda are now threatening violence on US soil to disrupt our Nov. 4th elections, BTW.

Isn't this just what Bush and McCain said we SHOULDN'T DO?

Actually, I think we've been going into Pakistan now if our intelligence tells us there is an Al Queda operative.

Syria is NOT our friend and is hiding Al Quaeda and supplying weapons to Hezbollah. It looks like this was a Special Forces operation, and I think we DO need to go after Al Queda when they are befriended like this, and intelligence shows where they are hiding. I'm sure it is a dangerous job.

We must be ever vigilent, and refocus on AlQueda, IMO.

All I can say is, we'd better watch this. It might turn into something big.

Oct 26, 2008 20:26 | Updated Oct 27, 2008 23:39
Damascus: US strike a heinous crime

Syria called the US attack within its borders on Sunday evening a heinous crime and a statement issued by Damascus said the country was reserving the right to respond as it would see fit.
A US Army helicopter over...

Damascus claimed that the four US helicopters that entered Syria attacked an "agricultural farm," Israel Radio reported.

Full story: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1225036811746&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

:rolleyes: I am sure it was well thought out like the last country we invaded.

Oh yes, that quick in-and-out military exercise in... what's that place called...? Ummmm... Iraq? :mad:

We didn't invade. :waitasec: We uhmm, what's the word...oh, yeah..."liberated". :rolleyes:

No doubt. I want to trust that our leaders and our military know what the heck they're doing when they decide to attack other countries, but color me skeptical.

No doubt. I want to trust that our leaders and our military know what the heck they're doing when they decide to attack other countries, but color me skeptical.

I actually am floored. And skeptical. I mean, can you even imagine what our reaction would be if Syria fired on Alaska to take out a criminal who had fled there???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back