1085 users online (205 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canadian company sells modern version of the banana peel

I was bron in Stoney Creek, Ont

~~~~~~~~~~~``

STONEY CREEK, Ont. (CP) - Vanguard Response Systems Inc. has won a $2.5-million contract from the U.S. Marine Corps to develop equipment to spay a slippery gel.

The "Mobility Denial System" will be used to make roads and surfaces so slippery that it will be impossible for mobs and rioters in a confrontation to stand or walk, or drive a vehicle.

http://www.canada.com/news/oddities/...c-51acdce85b99

You were born in Stoney Creek, Cass? I'm in Hamilton.

Hi Mikki.. LOL yes, just I lived by Eastgate Square... went to Cardinal Newman High School on hwy 20.

Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Hi Mikki.. LOL yes, just I lived by Eastgate Square... went to Cardinal Newman High School on hwy 20.

Small world.
    Hi Cass...it is a small world. I grew up on the mountain and went to Southmount High School. Now I live near the Queenston Traffic Circle, minutes away from Stoney Creek and Eastgate Square...in fact I'm heading over there shortly to do some shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by mikki
    Hi Cass...it is a small world. I grew up on the mountain and went to Southmount High School. Now I live near the Queenston Traffic Circle, minutes away from Stoney Creek and Eastgate Square...in fact I'm heading over there shortly to do some shopping.
    LOL... I used to hang out there all the time as a teenager. Of couse it looks so different now, back there the stores were Woolco, Robinsons and Eatons!

My parents still live up on the Mountain... I am in Toronto though. Nice talking to you!