What can we do for Janet?

Daphne69

She wanted something to happen - something, anythi
Reaction score
I haven't been on WS long, but this is one of the cases that I'm following. It seems so obvious that Raven is guilty, yet nothing seems to be happening with the investigation. (I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like we're pretty much the ones keeping this top of mind.) Even in the recent upsurge of media coverage about women "allegedly" being killed by husbands and boyfriends (Michelle Young, Nancy Cooper, Kelly Morris), Janet's case seems little more than a footnote. :silenced: It's so frustrating.

Does anyone know what we can do to keep Janet's name on everyone's mind, to spur more interest in solving this case? I'd like to do something, but I have no idea what would help. Thoughts? :idea:

I haven't been on WS long, but this is one of the cases that I'm following. It seems so obvious that Raven is guilty, yet nothing seems to be happening with the investigation. (I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like we're pretty much the ones keeping this top of mind.) Even in the recent upsurge of media coverage about women "allegedly" being killed by husbands and boyfriends (Michelle Young, Nancy Cooper, Kelly Morris), Janet's case seems little more than a footnote. :silenced: It's so frustrating.

Does anyone know what we can do to keep Janet's name on everyone's mind, to spur more interest in solving this case? I'd like to do something, but I have no idea what would help. Thoughts? :idea:

I do not have any ideas but there just has to be something we should be able to do to help or at least something that keeps us from doing this :banghead: all day!

I'd like a billboard with Janet holding Kaiden and in bold letters underneath it the words "Daddy, why did you kill Mommy & my unborn brother or sister!"

There is a new Governor in North Carolina and....it's a Woman!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Perdue

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Perdue-Wins-North-Carolinas-Democratic/story.aspx?guid={4213972F-DF15-430A-83CD-F237C37F8CFD}

Very interesting to me at least. There will also be a new DA, Tracey Cline. Hopefully it should be an easy and smooth transition since she works there to begin with.

I have to hope that investigators are still working hard on this case and the people in power in North Carolina actually care about what happened to Janet and I'm not even sure if anyone in Power actually knows about Janet.

Once the Governor and DA are in Office and officially working I think a letter to both asking for an investigation as to why these types of crimes seem to go without a resolution for so long is in order.

It seems as though North Carolina and Illinois are taking center stage for Crimes against the significant other.....with no resolution and perhaps they can find a way to kick up some of these investigations a notch, whether it is more manpower, or more funding, because I know the budget allotted to LE is very slim when it comes to investigating these crimes that then become cold.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to approach these two once they are firmly in office without it backfiring ?

Maybe with the SW becoming public in the Michelle Young murder where her suspect husband and his sister reference this murder will bring some attention to it finally.

I voted for our Governor and I pray she will put a stop to this crap going on here in this southern state.

I honestly think a billboard asking for anyone to come forward with information COULD possibly be helpful. It certainly cannot hurt.

IIRC, there was a recent case that had gone cold and they put up a billboard and SOLVED the case.

It would also be a reminder (to Raven :mad:) that LE AND others are still looking into this matter.

JMHO
fran

I contacted several billboard companies in NC -and there are NO available spots.

..i think that sending the new govenor and the new d.a. a letter , Briefly describing the case ( with a link back to WS) would work.

..after all , it's been 3 years and we can't expect them to know of each and every case that has happened in that time.

..if we can somehow "spotlight" janet's case-------doesn't the very fact that their office(s) have rec'd correspondence compel them to respond/act ? not from the govenor or d.a. personally, but from someone in one of their offices assigned to follow-up on all inquiries rec'd.?

..i can't see how this could backfire at all, in fact if raven is as innocent as he claims to be you'd think he would be all over this-------corresponding with the new govenor/and d.a. to bring his murdered wife's case back to the fore front.

..but what IS raven doing? oh right----------the same nothing that he has done all along.

fbd1c117.jpg

WRAL.com

The video is 2:06 long and it sums this up pretty well.

I've been wracking my brain as to what would bring Janet's case back into the forefront again. I would very much like for her case not to be forgotten. I went through my files and found this banner that I made a long time ago. I changed it a little to direct attention to the WRAL video.

Feel free to take this and use it as your signature line, put it on your my space, post it on other forums that you follow. You could send it to the media. You could email it to friends. Any respectful way you want to use it.

..this is excellent LL & S .!

..i love the references to the fact that they are working "with the FBI in utah"---------i can only think of ONE person in utah that they are focussing on.

..sad that he will be taken away from his new bride, ( but i'm fairly certain that she knew the deal going in ---after all, they have a computer/and 'google'.)

..i worry about kaiden once raven is arrested/convicted/in prison. i wonder if raven thinks about that, or is he the same old-same old----just thinking about himself only.

Not sure what we can do about getting Janet's name out there anymore, but I did hear that Christmas brought a lot of bickering for the Abaroa's.

darn, and i was so hoping that raven would get all that he wished for this christmas------------instead he continues to get what he deserves.

..i do feel sad for kaiden though.

Perhaps we could also prod the folks at "NC Wanted" to see if a follow-up is in order? I'm hoping the change of the guard here in NC will also prove to be helpful. We need Justthefax to do some snooping around for us to see what's going on with the case.

One thing I would like to do for Janet is to let the Christiansen family know that I am thinking of them in this holiday season and that they remain in my prayers.

xoxo,
Jax

Perhaps we could also prod the folks at "NC Wanted" to see if a follow-up is in order? I'm hoping the change of the guard here in NC will also prove to be helpful. We need Justthefax to do some snooping around for us to see what's going on with the case.

Indeed, new Governor a female along with a new DA, who also is female. Maybe Justice will be served one of these days.

Better late than never though....

Here's hoping that the New Year will bring Justice for the Christiansen's, Kaiden and all Janet's friends and family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back