1108 users online (241 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Signature help

Hi there Sleuthers,

Hope I am posting this in the right place...
    Does anyone know how to put together a siggie with a decent sized picture? Everytime I upload a pic to my siggie, it is so small you can barely see it. The pic looks bigger on my PC file- can't understand why the signature setting shrinks it so! I don't get it. I see good sized pics on other siggies. Is it becuse I am using MS Paint as opposed to a more elaborate editing software?

Also...why can't I have a

Any advice would be much appreciated!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by icherish View Post
    Hi there Sleuthers,

Hope I am posting this in the right place...
    Does anyone know how to put together a siggie with a decent sized picture? Everytime I upload a pic to my siggie, it is so small you can barely see it. The pic looks bigger on my PC file- can't understand why the signature setting shrinks it so! I don't get it. I see good sized pics on other siggies. Is it becuse I am using MS Paint as opposed to a more elaborate editing software?

Also...why can't I have a

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Did you check the size of the picture or just go off of the look of it? And why can't you have a..... what? I think you forgot to finish your thought LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    Did you check the size of the picture or just go off of the look of it? And why can't you have a..... what? I think you forgot to finish your thought LOL
    <I bolded>

LOL LOL I sure did, didn't I. I got distracted and when I came back I must've hit send without finishing that sentence.

I was going to ask why can't I upload an animated photo. I tried and it said not allowed. I see some slideshow type siggies...or is that not the same thing?

As far as the size, I've tried smaller, and played with it in Paint and made it bigger...but it doesn't make a difference when I go to save the sig.

Are you trying to load it where the avatar goes? (by your name) or down on the bottom of your posts? Make sure you're adding it in the signature section in your UserCP and not the avatar section.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Hi icherish - I can help you resize it if you want to PM me the link to the image.

Also, THIS thread in Forum Finesse may be of help.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*