Golden Retriever gives birth to 16 puppies

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
I'm amazed that they all survived! I'm so happy they did!

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO93219/

ROWLEY, Mass. -- A local woman's pregnant dog had a double digit delivery.

Indya Sheehan's two-year-old Golden Retriever Retro gave birth to 16 puppies at Slade Veterinary Hospital.

A normal litter only has six to 10 puppies.

Retro gave birth to the puppies a few weeks early by c-section.

When the doctors came out to announce how many puppies Sheehan would be going home with, she was surprised.

:eek:
Holy puppies, Batman!!!
Glad momma and pups are well. :)

I love puppies. I do NOT love trying to give away puppies.

I love puppies. I do NOT love trying to give away puppies.

I agree, when my Bichons had a litter I gave away vs selling because I was so picky!

I interviewed many times before I came to a decision on who would get pups.

I had a very small doberman who gave birth to 13. It was a cool litter. There were 9 black and tan, two blue/tan, one red/tan and one that I can't remember what the color is called, its like the color of a weimeriner, like a gray and tan and he had blue eyes. And that one was the pick of the litter. (I spay and neuter these days!)

As precious as puppies are, with all the neglected, abandoned and abused dogs and cats who already need good homes, it kills me to see that more are being brought into the world.

As precious as puppies are, with all the neglected, abandoned and abused dogs and cats who already need good homes, it kills me to see that more are being brought into the world.

Hope I didn't offend anyone...I'm just such an animal lover...

Hope I didn't offend anyone...I'm just such an animal lover...

Didn't offend here.

I am now "gramma" to a kitten my 18 year old dd found last summer in the gutter and brought home. He and his sister had apparently been abandoned, and he was emaciated and weak. Tragically, the other kitten died before making it to the vet's office.

There are waaaaaay too many animals out there due to careless owners who think puppies and kittens are cute before they grow up and have no idea the responsibility of owning a pet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back