something wierd here

terralee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can t fathom why Patsy would think that Linda left a note on the spiral staircase when she first saw the ransom note did she think Linda sneaked into the house after the they returned from the Whites? that was wierd BUT equally wierd was Johns comment when he thought it necessary and important the next day to collect and read the mail.. DOI pg.19..."I see some new mail lying on the foyer floor, beneath the mail slot by our front door,I think, If the kidnapper is going to communicate with me, maybe there is a note from him in the pile of mail. I sort carefully through the letters. Nothing" OK lets get real here! the place is surrounded with marked cops cars, friends that had arrived have parked their cars out front, cops probably were out in the front area looking for any evidence that may have been visible,BUT THE PERSON THAT KILLED THAT CHILD FOUND IT SAFE ENOUGH TO WALK UP TO THE FRONT DOOR AND LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE MAIL SLOT?? whats wrong with these 2?

terralee said:
BUT THE PERSON THAT KILLED THAT CHILD FOUND IT SAFE ENOUGH TO WALK UP TO THE FRONT DOOR AND LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE MAIL SLOT?? whats wrong with these 2?

Maybe he thought that the kidnapper mailed something on Christmas Eve, knowing that there wouldn't be mail on Christmas Day, but the day after? That was at least my thought when I read that passage.

IMO

terralee said:
I can t fathom why Patsy would think that Linda left a note on the spiral staircase when she first saw the ransom note did she think Linda sneaked into the house after the they returned from the Whites? that was wierd BUT equally wierd was Johns comment when he thought it necessary and important the next day to collect and read the mail.. DOI pg.19..."I see some new mail lying on the foyer floor, beneath the mail slot by our front door,I think, If the kidnapper is going to communicate with me, maybe there is a note from him in the pile of mail.

I can sympathize with John's statement seeing as how he stated what he was thinking and doing that morning as noon approached. He was becoming frantic as time was running out without the phone call. His idea doesn't sound very logical, but wouldn't you cover all the bases? Would it seem silly if he made the following statement: " the mail came and lay in the foyer all day. I knew the kidnapper couldn't have mailed a letter, and wouldn't have dared to be seen anywhere near the house, so there was no use picking it up"?
Patsy's statement does sound a little weird. I wonder if she actually told someone that, then said something like: "but then I realized that that didn't make sense". To me it would be a big difference if she made that statement when she first talked to the BPD.

Doe anyone know if the hangup phone call they received that morning was ever traced by phone co. records to a number and location?

Nehemiah said:
Maybe he thought that the kidnapper mailed something on Christmas Eve, knowing that there wouldn't be mail on Christmas Day, but the day after? That was at least my thought when I read that passage.

IMO
I dont think kidnapper?killer would approach a home with a letter when the whole place was surrounded with cops would they? that was my point, what they say to the cops when they would be asked why they were attempting to deposit a letter in the mail slot?

terralee said:
I dont think kidnapper?killer would approach a home with a letter when the whole place was surrounded with cops would they? that was my point, what they say to the cops when they would be asked why they were attempting to deposit a letter in the mail slot?

I meant that perhaps the "kidnapper" mailed a letter from somewhere...anywhere....He wouldn't have to go near John's mail slot. The postman would do that. :)

Of course, that scenario wouldn't make much sense because what if his plans were foiled and he never got to enter the home on Christmas Night. Then for the Rs to receive a letter... I don't believe any of that happened at all. I was just thinking that that could be a possibility if there were a real kidnapper/intruder.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back