Thread: Brad Cooper Indicted #2

Brad Cooper Indicted #2

Continue posting here please.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95
    I might be wrong on the age of Katie as well...she might have been closer to 1 in that picture. Here she was in July:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Tfaru/340x.jpg
    I would go with summer 2007 for that picture.

ETA: Clarifying. By "that picture" I meant the one from your prior post:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/n...rdays.jpg?o=11

^Bad link in my post...but it was her at the memorial service in Canada.

You are right, NCSU, that sweet photo with the white roses and Katie was from the memorial in Canada this past summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    ^Bad link in my post...but it was her at the memorial service in Canada.
    Sorry, I meant the prior picture. I edited my post.

I knew which one you meant.

Thanks, NCSU, I can't quote from the other thread - but I appreciated seeing the photo of Nancy with the necklace. I have one almost identical. That picture mad me sadder than all of the rest for some reason. She looks carefree and having fun in her front hallway - probably one of the last places she was.

WindChime: Gorgeous Halloween pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    Thanks, NCSU, I can't quote from the other thread - but I appreciated seeing the photo of Nancy with the necklace. I have one almost identical. That picture mad me sadder than all of the rest for some reason. She looks carefree and having fun in her front hallway - probably one of the last places she was.
    Somehow I don't believe that is her house. I've looked at that picture a bit and wondered about it. Nancy's house opens into a very shallow hallway in which there is a table and mirror immediately in front of the door. To the side there is a stairway to the upstairs. The house in this picture has no hallway and appears to be open. My impression is that Nancy is getting ready to leave a friend's house, has her keys in her hand, and is goofing off. It's a great picture, but it just strikes me as being not her house??
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Star12 View Post
    Somehow I don't believe that is her house. I've looked at that picture a bit and wondered about it. Nancy's house opens into a very shallow hallway in which there is a table and mirror immediately in front of the door. To the side there is a stairway to the upstairs. The house in this picture has no hallway and appears to be open. My impression is that Nancy is getting ready to leave a friend's house, has her keys in her hand, and is goofing off. It's a great picture, but it just strikes me as being not her house??
    Oh okay. I was looking around trying to find the "key table". Do you have a picture or are you just familiar with her house? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    Oh okay. I was looking around trying to find the "key table". Do you have a picture or are you just familiar with her house? Thanks for the info.
    Photo 5 shows investigators filming the Cooper house. The table is directly under the mirror inside the front door.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Yes, we decided a while back that was not Nancy's house. Daphne69 posted a floor plan for the house here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=23

And here is the foyer photo plus one enhanced by The Saint so you can see a bit more detail. (BTW, where is The Saint? Haven't seen him/her around in a while).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=306

Thumbs up

Wow, I totally missed this indictment news and I need to read up on the latest evidence. I'm glad that things didn't drag on, like they have with the Janet Abaroa and Michelle Young murders.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyRush For This Useful Post:

NC appeals court denies media documents demand

A North Carolina appeals court has ruled a Wake County judge could temporarily block the release of search warrants and related documents in a high-profile murder investigation.

A three-judge panel of the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday against media organizations that argued that as public records, the documents had to be disclosed.

The court said releasing even edited versions of what police were looking for and what they found could jeopardize the investigation, undermine prosecutors, or hurt a suspect's right to a fair trial.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6147445/#

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

What's the latest on this case? Shouldn't there be a trial date set shortly, in the near future, any day now? The last I read a month or two ago a date had not been set. I still still want to see what evidence they have on this guy.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to chauncey7381 For This Useful Post:

KAE

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey7381 View Post
    What's the latest on this case? Shouldn't there be a trial date set shortly, in the near future, any day now? The last I read a month or two ago a date had not been set. I still still want to see what evidence they have on this guy.
    Me, too! What is the delay? Isn't it about time that some documents get released or something????

21. The Following User Says Thank You to La.Sandy For This Useful Post:

KAE

No trial date has been set yet. According to the latest media reports some months ago, this case will not go to trial until late 2010. Why so long? Neither side seems compelled to rush anything forward. If the defense did ask for a 'speedy trial,' I don't know what that might mean for NC. Nothing seems very speedy when one is talking justice.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    No trial date has been set yet. According to the latest media reports some months ago, this case will not go to trial until late 2010. Why so long? Neither side seems compelled to rush anything forward. If the defense did ask for a 'speedy trial,' I don't know what that might mean for NC. Nothing seems very speedy when one is talking justice.
    From what I've seen written and observed about cases here on WS, the def will often times delay the trial until the publicity about the case and memories fade. Sometimes witnesses die, move away and don't want to testify, etc. The pros probably doesn't care because at least the guy is behind bars.

IMHO, that's why in the OJ trial, his def worked so fast and he was at trial within, I believe 2 months. The def knew the DA didn't have all their evidence in. Heck, they were still getting lab reports back during trial. (that was when dna was new and it took longer to get back).

Now often times people get impatient because it's almost obvious who the perp is but LE doesn't take him in custody,.................YET. LE learned a very valuable lesson during the OJ trial, have all you ducks in a row before arresting the suspect.

JMHO
    fran

PS.............during the Laci Peterson case, LE wanted to arrest Scott in March. The DA said,'not yet. Let's keep looking for the body.' That's why SP was arrested the day they actually id'd the two bodies found in the Bay. LE already had all the circumstanial evidence they needed to convict SP, the bodies were the {proof} that Laci and Conner were in fact dead........... fran
    Last edited by fran; 12-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I will be glad when this goes to trial. I also will be glad if WRAL carries a live feed as they have done in some other trials. The only consolation is that Brad is behind bars, so I agree there is no need to rush this other than I consider it inhumane to the victim's family to drag this out for years. I do not believe in this word "closure" but I do believe justice should be swift and decisive.

Brad has a public defender - the longer this little song and dance is played, the more money it is costing the good citizens of Wake County. They should not be tasked with paying one more dime than is necessary to protect this murderer from his future. Willoughby and crew have let too many victims and their famillies down in Wake County with his bs - would be nice to see him actually do something.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

I too will be very glad when this case finally goes to trial. It's like an open wound to still have it unresolved. Yes, the perp is in jail and yes that's a relief, but I imagine the family, the friends and the community would like resolution once and for all.

I had a theory going for awhile that maybe the defense was okay with the slow-as-molasses pace of this case getting to court because they know deep-down that BC is going to end up in the big central prison for life and conditions are somewhat better for him in county jail, so why rush things? Far-fetched I'm sure, but that's one scenario I conjured in my mind as to why they would be okay with a late 2010 trial.

Of course Fran's hypothesis makes more sense to me now that I've seen it! Heh.

{BTW, hello to everyone and Happy Holidays! It's been a long time since we've chatted.}

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post: