876 users online (186 members and 690 guests)  

Websleuths News

Pakistani Police break up marriage between 4 year old and 7 Year old

This story made our National news today........just shocking and Ohhh so wrong too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...r-old-boy.html
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Man, you know you're jaded when you read an article like this, and your first thought is: "Well, at least it wasn't a four year old girl being forced to marry a grown man".

Ugh.

I'm not in any way a proponent of arranged weddings between children, but there is no sexual element of a child marriage until the bride and groom are older. The bride sometimes stays with the groom's family and is raised as a sister, but more often she returns to her own parents until puberty. Then when she is around 14-15 there is a second ceremony in which she become a full wife to her husband. And I agree with Shecky- at least she wasn't forced to marry some old man.
    Last edited by CaliKid; 11-02-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Man, you know you're jaded when you read an article like this, and your first thought is: "Well, at least it wasn't a four year old girl being forced to marry a grown man".

Ugh.
    Yup, that was my first thought too!

Okay not to be mean in any way but I couldnt tell which was the girl because they both looked like boys to me. Also I think its just weird that they marry off little children but like you guys im glad to not read about some perv marrying a little girl.