Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue discussions here.

For all the newbies:

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I received a reply that they would request Executive Director approval for placing a flyer or banner on their website and on their sister websites both in the USA and OVERSEAS!!!!!!!

GREAT suggestion and we will see where this leads...

I received a reply that they would request Executive Director approval for placing a flyer or banner on their website and on their sister websites both in the USA and OVERSEAS!!!!!!!

GREAT suggestion and we will see where this leads...

Thanks believe09, for all the work you're doing. This is great news and I pray it leads to Mr. Kyle's identity! :blowkiss:

Excellent beleive!

With SieSie's permission can we link that flyer here, for those of us wishing to use it as well? I would like to send a copy to the various Denver Police Stations if that has not already been done. I would also like to request a flyer be added to this site: http://www.colfaxavenue.com/
Their forum is not activated, otherwise I would have posted there.

thanks!

Excellent beleive!

With SieSie's permission can we link that flyer here, for those of us wishing to use it as well? I would like to send a copy to the various Denver Police Stations if that has not already been done. I would also like to request a flyer be added to this site: http://www.colfaxavenue.com/

thanks!

You rock Cubby-I sent the following to the Colfax site...I used the address that they listed soliciting for advertisers;)

To Whom It May Concern;

I am a case manager for an organization that works with families of the missing as well as unidentified remains throughout the US. I have been advocating on behalf of an amnesia victim who believes he has close ties to the Denver area and has specific memories of Colfax Ave and the restaurants there.

In August of 2004, a man was discovered beaten and unconscious behind a Burger King in Richmond Hill, GA. He was characterized as indigent by the first responders to the scene and no investigation was done as to why he lay naked behind the eatery. Once he recovered and began speaking, it became clear that he was not homeless, but that the beating had left him with amnesia...he was unable to recall his name or where he was from. He has specific memories of Denver and the surrounding area from the 80's and at least the 90's-he may have had ties to the restaurant industry.

Mr. Kyle, as he has chosen to call himself, was recently featured on the Dr. Phil Show-the air date was October 16th of this year and you can see the show itself at www.drphil.com. The show title is "Who Am I?" In spite of national publicity, there have been no credible tips as to Mr. Kyle's ID. His case is being handled by the FBI in Savannah, GA where he currently lives with former caregivers.

Please consider adding a banner or flyer to your website-his best chance at identification, we believe, is through increased awareness in the Denver area.

I appreciate your time and attention!!!!

Sincerely,

Thanks Believe. That colfax site seems to appeal to a younger crowd, but some of the historical info may draw viewers from Mr. Kyles age. I sure hope they ad a banner or flyer.

Has Mr. Kyles info been sent to ALL of the police stations in Denver? Particularly whichever station(s) are closest to Colfax and the specific area's Mr. Kyle remembers? We know he does not have a record which would match prints, but perhaps someone with 20+ years on the force might recognize him from passing. Many people officers know long time locals... by name and not necessarily because they have been in trouble, say iff Mr. Kyle regularly participated in assisting with say a local softball team...or had a food booth at a local festival as examples. Maybe one of the restaurants he worked for sponsered a kids team or athletic association of some kind. Just tossing out idea's.

The show was supposed to be coordinating that very same initiative-they were going to include local and state police in Colorado, Indiana and Texas I believe.....

I will see if I can find out if that happened....:blowkiss:

Thanks Believe. That colfax site seems to appeal to a younger crowd, but some of the historical info may draw viewers from Mr. Kyles age. I sure hope they ad a banner or flyer.

Has Mr. Kyles info been sent to ALL of the police stations in Denver? Particularly whichever station(s) are closest to Colfax and the specific area's Mr. Kyle remembers? We know he does not have a record which would match prints, but perhaps someone with 20+ years on the force might recognize him from passing. Many people officers know long time locals... by name and not necessarily because they have been in trouble, say iff Mr. Kyle regularly participated in assisting with say a local softball team...or had a food booth at a local festival as examples. Maybe one of the restaurants he worked for sponsered a kids team or athletic association of some kind. Just tossing out idea's.

Excellent beleive!

thanks!
Hi Cubby! :blowkiss: You (and everyone else) are more than welcome to use my flyers to spread around the web or to print up and distribute. The more exposure, the better. :D

The show was supposed to be coordinating that very same initiative-they were going to include local and state police in Colorado, Indiana and Texas I believe.....

I will see if I can find out if that happened....:blowkiss:

Thank you believe. I don't want to duplicate work already done..... See what you can find out. :blowkiss:

Hi Cubby! :blowkiss: You (and everyone else) are more than welcome to use my flyers to spread around the web or to print up and distribute. The more exposure, the better. :D

TY! SieSie and thanks for posting a thread with the links. I would like to see that thread become a sticky. :blowkiss:

TY! SieSie and thanks for posting a thread with the links. I would like to see that thread become a sticky. :blowkiss:
YW. :blowkiss: I'm hoping other people who are into Photoshop can also make some other banners/flyers so people can have more than one choice to print or spread on the web.

Hi,

As you can see I am a newbie at posting but have been lurking for a while now. Can I just say well done to you all for all the work and effort you have all gave in trying to bring Benjamans identity back to him.

After reading about Mr Kyle's story it brought memories back to me about a man whom frequented my town 30 years or more ago, here in the UK.

I met this man called Matty through my boss at the time, as Matty would often walk past where I worked and my boss always found the time to go out and speak to him and give him a little money for something to eat and drink. Matty was known as a vagabond to many. He was very well spoken, very intelligent and certainly never dressed as some may expect. His history was very sad. He at one time had been a professor, due to the break-up of his marriage he had walked out and had taken to the roads. He had a metal block of his life with his wife. Several attempts were made by different authorities to give him a home and another chance of life, but he always took back to the roads. He went missing for a good few months and various people, shop owners, the public wondered where he had gone. A shop owner finally put a poster about Matty in his shop window for information as even the local police didnt know where he had gone. Finally he was located miles away in another town, it was a delivery driver who spotted him. The location Matty ended up was in the town where his wife had made several theatre appearances.

Is it possible that Benjaman could've had a similar mental block and went to the area he was found for sentimental reasons?

Just another thought to get a bit more publicity for Benjaman, when Madeleine McCann went missing some ISP's created icons to use in Instant Messaging of a photo of her. Could it be possible for Benjaman?

I am pretty sure that it will have been done already, but what about asking Burger King to feature a flyer there in the vacinity where he was found. Its a long shot I know but just trying to think of ways that could help.

I am sorry if I havent made alot of sense, please forgive me as I am rather nervous posting. :blowkiss:

I love that thought-and in this story almost anything is possible...The actual Burger King is closed now, but there should be flyers at some of the stores and stops in the area-at least that is what I am told!

Anyone who lives in Richmond Hill who has some energy and interest, SieSie created a printable flyer and you could perhaps hit some of the areas around the former BK to see if we can get some leads flowing....

Hi,

As you can see I am a newbie at posting but have been lurking for a while now. Can I just say well done to you all for all the work and effort you have all gave in trying to bring Benjamans identity back to him.

After reading about Mr Kyle's story it brought memories back to me about a man whom frequented my town 30 years or more ago, here in the UK.

I met this man called Matty through my boss at the time, as Matty would often walk past where I worked and my boss always found the time to go out and speak to him and give him a little money for something to eat and drink. Matty was known as a vagabond to many. He was very well spoken, very intelligent and certainly never dressed as some may expect. His history was very sad. He at one time had been a professor, due to the break-up of his marriage he had walked out and had taken to the roads. He had a metal block of his life with his wife. Several attempts were made by different authorities to give him a home and another chance of life, but he always took back to the roads. He went missing for a good few months and various people, shop owners, the public. A shop owner finally put a poster about Matty in his shop window for information as even the local police didnt know where he had gone. Finally he was located miles away in another town, it was a delivery driver who spotted him. The location Matty ended up was in the town where his wife had made several theatre appearances.

Is it possible that Benjaman could've had a similar mental block and went to the area he was found for sentimental reasons?

Just another thought to get a bit more publicity for Benjaman, when Madeleine McCann went missing some ISP's created icons to use in Instant Messaging of a photo of her. Could it be possible for Benjaman?

I am pretty sure that it will have been done already, but what about asking Burger King to feature a flyer there in the vacinity where he was found. Its a long shot I know but just trying to think of ways that could help.

I am sorry if I havent made alot of sense, please forgive me as I am rather nervous posting. :blowkiss:

Hi-all!! I received some information regarding whether or not it makes sense to do Y DNA testing for Mr. Kyle to attempt to uncover a surname. For those of you unfamiliar with this, Mitochondrial DNA is currently being collected with full genetic profiles for the Dept Of Justice Missing Persons/UID initiative and this has already been done for Mr. Kyle. It was all entered into CODIS and MTDNA databases, and at the present time it has triggered no match.

YDNA is typically done for genealogy-you can check out Ancestry.com to get a sense of this initiative.

The Pros- there might be someone out there with similar aleals to Mr. Kyle who has had their DNA entered into the Y DNA databases so we could get a possible surname or at least a few.

The Cons-each participant in the YDNA testing has to choose whether or not to have their DNA made searchable, AND there is no information on how "beefy" the databases are currently.

The response I received back from the DOJ DNA Coordinator was that he (BK) has nothing to lose, but that the DOJ does not have a YDNA database themselves.

I kicked that response to FBI Bill and BK. The tests run about 175-200.00, so we will see what the FBI thinks and whether or not we will need to seek a sponsor to have it done...(Dr.Phil, cough, cough...lol...)

Sounds like a great idea! I've thought of this idea for Mr. Kyle in the past but have wondered how 'beefy' the data base is as you mentioned.

As for Dr. Phil... great suggestion. I hope they will do this for him.

<< snipped >>

Welcome to WS, Bewick Lady, no need to be nervous, your post was great! You have some good ideas, keep 'em coming!! :blowkiss:

Believe - that would be great if Dr. Phil would agree to pay for the YDNA testing!! :D Let us know how it pans out.

Ray Gricar has been ruled out via LE. The thread with the cases that are ruled out is currently locked so I will put the info here!!

believe, did you ever hear back from the site owner for colfaxavenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail