670 users online (87 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Cole Puffinburger, 6, Las Vegas, 15 Oct 2008 - #2

This child has been located, safe.

Link to thread #1.

Continue discussions about this case here.

Well I for one am very glad that Cole is with his father and Julie's visits have to be supervised. I know it must be difficult for this child to move in with a new parent, but I think he will benefit from having a safer, more structured life. If Julie is honestly concerned for her son's welfare, she will get herself straightened out. I think she has a long way to go before this happens.

I would be concerned with her having even supervised visitation at this point until LE finds out her level of involvement. It is possible that Cole could be the source of much information to slowly emerge in the case and her seeing him could be considered intimidation.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I would be concerned with her having even supervised visitation at this point until LE finds out her level of involvement. It is possible that Cole could be the source of much information to slowly emerge in the case and her seeing him could be considered intimidation.
    I agree with you SS, but at this point she hasn't been formally charged with any involvement in his abduction (if that indeed was the case) or other at this time.

I'm curious to see what else comes out about her now that her father, Clemens and his girlfriend, Terri Leavy are now in the custody of the City of North Las Vegas.

I may sound calloused, but while the investigation is still ongoing into wrong doing by that family...Cole needs to be protected and shielded from possible witness tampering, imo. This includes his mother.

I agree. I don't know how much we are going to be privy to from them tho. The Fed's don't like to give up any information.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    I agree with you SS, but at this point she hasn't been formally charged with any involvement in his abduction (if that indeed was the case) or other at this time.

I'm curious to see what else comes out about her now that her father, Clemens and his girlfriend, Terri Leavy are now in the custody of the City of North Las Vegas.
    FOLLOW UP NEWS............Snips only due to AP release

2 due in federal court in Vegas abduction case

~ U.S. attorney spokeswoman Natalie Collins says the case against Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer and a woman described as his companion, Terri Leavy, remains sealed.

~ Collins says the charges could be unsealed at a 3 p.m. appearance Monday before a federal magistrate.
    http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=9285459

Clemens Tinnemeyer & Terri Leavy charged with racketeering

Kidnapped boy's grandfather hit with racketeering charge
    Nov. 03, 2008

The grandfather of a 6-year-old boy who was kidnapped from his Las Vegas home in mid-October, as well as the grandfather's companion, will be held in federal custody after being charged with transportation in aid of a racketeering enterprise, a federal judge ruled this evening.

Neither Clemens Tinnemeyer nor Terri Leavy argued against their detention.
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/breaking_news/33800004.html

WoW! Lots of info. at this link.....

By KEN RITTER, Associated Press Writer
    Monday, November 3, 2008

* snips
    Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer, 51, and his girlfriend, Terri Lynn Leavy, 42, were charged with interstate and foreign travel or transportation in aid of racketeering enterprises a felony that prosecutors said is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

The two were being investigated by federal drug enforcement agents when the boy, Cole Puffinburger, was abducted Oct. 15, according to a criminal complaint unsealed during their initial appearance Monday in U.S. District Court.

* Tinnemeyer was arrested Oct. 17 as a material witness in the kidnapping by federal agents in Riverside, Calif., who found some $3.5 million in cash bundled in suitcases, footlockers and a handbag in a storage locker in nearby Menifee, Calif., according to the criminal complaint.

* Leavy, who also allegedly used the name Terri Mooney, was arrested Oct. 19 in Fontana, Calif. The two were held as material witnesses before being brought to Las Vegas in the custody of U.S. marshals, authorities said.

Neither was asked Monday to enter a plea, although their court-appointed lawyers, Karen Winckler for Tinnemeyer and Michael Pandullo for Leavy, said outside court they intended to fight the federal racketeering charges.

Federal Magistrate Judge Robert Johnston deemed Tinnemeyer and Leavy flight risks and a danger to the community and ordered them held in federal custody without bond pending a preliminary hearing Nov. 17.

The judge postponed Monday's hearing for two hours while court officials redacted names and addresses of informants and witnesses from the 19-page criminal complaint. Johnston also ordered the original material witness warrants against the two to remain sealed.

* The redacted document showed that Tinnemeyer and Leavy drew the attention of a Drug Enforcement Administration task force in July, after an informant in Waveland, Miss., noticed they were sending large packages of cash by FedEx to addresses in Las Vegas and Reno.

Another informant told agents that Tinnemeyer may have helped steal up to $50 million in drug money using hidden compartments custom-built into RV's by Leavy's ex-husband.

Records show that Tinnemeyer's RV crossed from Mexico into the U.S. four times from October 2007 to April 2008 at crossings in Calexico, Calif., Nogales, Ariz., Antelope Wells, N.M., and San Luis, Ariz.

The complaint said Tinnemeyer and Leavy also were arrested on charges of methamphetamine and marijuana possession in Utah on April 7, 2008, after they were stopped on Interstate 15 in the RV by Iron County sheriff's deputies. Those charges are pending.

Much more at link
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/03/state/n120608S88.DTL

Anything else on the investigation into Julie? I haven't seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
    Anything else on the investigation into Julie? I haven't seen anything.
    None of the news so far has been specifically about Julie at this time, but the fact that they found a note assumed to be from her father, Clem in with the money she had stashed reading
    "$6,000 pay off visa bill. I love you. Be back in two weeks. Love me. P.S. Your truck should run."
    speaks volumes to me.

Yes, I would say that note is very interesting. I am sure they are checking her finances with a fine toothed comb. If it coincides with a payment to her Visa account, the note becomes much more. However, they would have to prove she knew where he was getting the money.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

This was in our local (South Mississippi) paper today, about Cole's grandfather, and time spent on the coast, hiding the drug cartel money.

http://www.sunherald.com/pageone/story/947830.html
    "A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones

you beat me to it babycat! My jaw dropped when I read the article this a.m.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Yes, I would say that note is very interesting. I am sure they are checking her finances with a fine toothed comb. If it coincides with a payment to her Visa account, the note becomes much more. However, they would have to prove she knew where he was getting the money.
    Not sure how the note becomes more. If she didn't know where the money was coming from then it could be seen as a gift. I'm still confused about all of this craziness and not sure what to think.

I still don't think he stole millions, I heard it was less than a million but still several hundred thousand. I don't think he could have gotten away with hiding it long enough to get the amount they are saying unless it all came to him at once.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
    Not sure how the note becomes more. If she didn't know where the money was coming from then it could be seen as a gift. I'm still confused about all of this craziness and not sure what to think.

I still don't think he stole millions, I heard it was less than a million but still several hundred thousand. I don't think he could have gotten away with hiding it long enough to get the amount they are saying unless it all came to him at once.
    He had monies hidden in several places, including an area close to me.

On Oct. 18, Tinnemeyer and Levy were caught by federal and state agents in California. Before their arrests, they were followed in an alleged money-swapping encounter with two accomplices that led to yet another storage unit, this one in Riverside.

Agents secured a warrant and searched the unit. They found several pieces of luggage containing $3.5 million wrapped in taped bundles. Federal affidavits indicate that the cash actually belonged not to Tinnemeyer, but to drug dealers south of the border.
    Much more at link below
    http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=91765185

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast