1168 users online (225 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Johnny Altinger, 38, lured to his death, Edmonton, AB, 10 Oct 2008

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/...ls_macabre.php

Mark Andrew Twitchell was a filmmaker who felt he was meant for great things. Police think he was also a sociopathic killer who masqueraded as a woman online then lured a man to his death.

Really bizarre, amazing story.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHuff View Post
    http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/...ls_macabre.php

Mark Andrew Twitchell was a filmmaker who felt he was meant for great things. Police think he was also a sociopathic killer who masqueraded as a woman online then lured a man to his death.

Really bizarre, amazing story.
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hope all is going well with your blog.

My friends be sure and check out the story Steve put up then spend some time on his blog. It is really interesting and well done.

Take care,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hope all is going well with your blog.

My friends be sure and check out the story Steve put up then spend some time on his blog. It is really interesting and well done.

Take care,
    Tricia
    Thank you, Tricia. I try to take one day off from updating the thing, but I never seem to succeed there. I do it like it's my job. Because, well, now it is. I appreciate the support.

I have never even heard of this. But it is interesting, I read the article.

This man is a "sick" and I have no doubt that he filmed the real "true life" movie.

I guess the question becomes was this his first attempt or was he more successful previously? And of course, who was the dude running on 10/3 and did he end up escaping???

Very Dahmer.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

This is all over the news this morning.

It really seems to be slow catching around the "water cooler" though.

I think it's because as a community. . . we weren't aware that Altinger was missing and so when you hear of a man being charged for a murder/crime you weren't aware even happened you tend to not "listen".

I think I heard it a few times on the radio this morning before I even clued in that it was happening here.

Very strange. I'll try and keep you up to date with the local media, although Steve's article captures everything as it stands today.
    I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it. Maya Angelou

First thing I started thinking about are all the men that have gone missing in Alberta.Who knows how long he has been at this,was it just the two or is there more.I was watching Global t.v. last night they said he was enamored with the show Dexter.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

Thanks Steve!! Very interesting article in deed. I'd like to find out more. I wonder how is wife is doing with all of this. Plus he had 2 small children. So sad.

Updates as of this morning.

The man they were looking for as an additional victim, came forward. Not sure his story yet.

On a radio station today they reported, neighbours in the area have also reported finding decapitated rabbits?

The following article has a disturbing line about how the script ends..

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...1-618c43ceaec9

"Later in the script, it is revealed that the entire story is being created by a writer. It ends with the fictional writer looking at a female profile in an online dating website, then closing his laptop.

His wife asks him, "How's the story coming along?" The writer replies, "Really well, sweetie. It's true when they say the best way to succeed is to write what you know."
    "
    I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it. Maya Angelou

The word "creepy" doesn't even begin to describe this guy, nor does it sound as if Altinger was his first victim.

He's to appear in court today.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...6-64c9c0660dc5

There have been some strong words of support from friends that knew him on the local stations lately. . . stating there is no way, huge error, news media will be required to make front page apologies.etc., etc.,

Earlier there were a few reports of former classmates saying things like "odd" "different".

The article above however states that LE is not looking for anyother subjects and they believe they enough forensics to warrant the charges and possibly more. (to do with the earlier abduction attempt). Without a body, you know they must have something substantial to make those claims.

what a sicko! Does anyone think he may have filmed the murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla4 View Post
    what a sicko! Does anyone think he may have filmed the murder?

Apparently he was into making a snuff film.

http://www.lastlinkontheleft.com/e2008altinger.html

last link on the left
    Police charged filmmaker Mark Twitchell with first-degree murder in connection with the snuff film death of 38-year-old Johnny Brian Altinger. ... On October 31st, Edmonton police arrested 29-year-old filmmaker Mark Andrew Twitchell and ...
    www.lastlinkontheleft.com/indexarchives.html - Cached - Similar
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

12 jurors selected in Twitchell trial

Twelve jurors have now been selected in the first-degree murder trial of Edmonton filmmaker Mark Twitchell, who is charged in the alleged life-imitates-art murder of Johnny Altinger.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../17645106.html
    Filmmaker wanted to 'experience killing', court told

By TONY BLAIS, QMI Agency
    EDMONTON - Filmmaker Mark Twitchell wanted "the experience of killing another human being" so he used an Internet dating service to lure an Edmonton man to a rented garage.

And, once his "murderous trap was sprung," Twitchell killed victim Johnny Altinger, 38, by bludgeoning him over the head with a copper pipe and stabbing him to death with a hunting knife.

The St. Albert, Alta., man then proceeded to dismember the dead body of his prey and dispose of those remains down a City of Edmonton sewer

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast