747 users online (65 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Somalia - 13-year-old rape victim stoned to death

This makes me just sick to my stomach.

MOGADISHU, Somalia — A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.
    Dozens of men stoned Aisha Duhulow to death Oct. 27 in a stadium packed with some 1,000 onlookers in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses.

Link
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

This breaks my heart. They're are supposed to be a peaceful religion? I don't think so. I suppose the man that raped her had nothing done to him.

I included this story in this thread as well:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=73579&page=2

it is mind boggling that Amnesty could not get her out...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

These stories - more numerous than most of us know - break my heart.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I so agree South,such barbaric practices going on it makes me just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    These stories - more numerous than most of us know - break my heart.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    It's pretty tough to stomach the politically correct position that no culture is any better than another when you read stuff like that.

There are many ways to stone someone to death-literally and figuratively although I get your point.

It reminds me of the scene in Handmaid's Tale where the women of childbearing age who are enslaved are brought to an arena and told that a rapist on trial murdered the victim's unborn child. The women stomp him to death out of retaliation and rage, knowing that giving birth to a child is a ticket back to the life they knew before they were enslaved...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

It's pretty tough to stomach the politically correct position that no culture is any better than another when you read stuff like that.
    Completely.

Especially when it happens before a crowd of over 1,000 spectators.

Good point, adnoid.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

My daughter is 13, a child. It hurts my heart to think of someone her age being blamed for an attack against her. This little girl was so victimized twice by a religion that wants to be considered humane and full of love. But it is the opposite and proves how little it values its women and female children.

I cannot comprehend such a horrific act against a child. Perhaps I am fixed in my American way, but I would fight and/or die before any child of mine was murdered for a crime that was not of her doing, but at that hand of another. I would literally sacrifice myself.

I try very, very hard to understand the different cultures and the way they practice much, but I absolutely cannot understand such barbaric murder. Please, someone tell me what I am missing. I truly weep for this young child. I honestly cry for the sheer fear she must have gone through and the agony/pain.

I will never, ever understand.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

I'll tell you what, I don't think many rape victims in Somalia are going to be trying to get help due to atrocities like this being committed against the poor victims. It is state sanctioned child abuse and murder. It makes me sick. I do not, however, think that it is necessarily the religion itself that is at fault. I think it's the culture. Their culture (at least in Somalia) is 2000 years behind us. In our own religion, assuming most of us come from a Judeo-Christian background, there is a history of laws calling for the stoning of a woman who was found not to be a virgin when married, or calling for the stoning to death of a stubborn and unruly son. But our culture progressed and our society does not, 2000 years later, condone such barbarity. But some of these societies are still in the past. So, it's the backwards culture in that country, not necessarily in all Muslin countries, I hope. For example, I know Muslims who would be horrified at what happened there in Somalia. However, our feelings are not enough. We need to be to do something to force these people to embrace human rights. How? I'm not sure. Some think that we need to say, at the least, that we will not send aid, we will not help with military assistance, we will never trade with, or have any relations of any kind with such countries until they show they can abide by some certain, universal principals of decency, especially when it comes to the treatment of children. But, we continue to have economic dealings with other countries that allow similar things to happen, like Saudi Arabia. It enrages me. Can you imagine that people allowed this to happen? And they say the west is filled with immoral, indecent societies. Oh really? Well, there is no western civilized nation that supports the stoning to death of child crime victims. Disgusting.
    Last edited by gitana1; 11-03-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Compltely forgot a section!
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Im sorry. I consider myself a Liberal but that PC 'all cultural differences are relative' dogma is nonsense.
    This is Savagery pure and simple.
    Any Country,City,Community,Principality,or'Religion' that condones something like this is as guilty as the subhumans throwing the rocks at this child.

You know what? I wish Abraham had not heeded the voice of Sarah, his wife, and slept with Hagar.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    You know what? I wish Abraham had not heeded the voice of Sarah, his wife, and slept with Hagar.
    I knew someone would get around to blaming the woman....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

This touches my heart deeply. I am now 43 years old. I grew up outside of Washington D.C. and one of my best friends was from Pakistan. We were in middle school and she had a much older brother. There were rumors thahow my friend was and her mother told me she had fallen t there were things being done to her in her own home. If that was true she never shared. They moved back to Pakistan when we were in the 8th grade several months later her mother returned and came to talk to me. Her mother wanted to know if my friend had a boyfriend, which she did not. I then asked how she was and her mother was very matter of fact and said that she had fallen against the stove and burned to death. Something about the way she said it was very disturbing to me, it was not until years later that I realized what the truth probably was. This is something to this day I find hard to even comprehend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast