CANADA Canada - Michael Berard, 43, Alberta, 1 April 2000

KivaSupporter

Inactive
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/233umwa.html

Unidentified White / Native Male

Located on September 17, 2001 in Amanda Park, Grays Harbor County, Washington.
Date of death is September 16, 2001
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'2"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Black hair; hazel eyes. His hair was neatly trimmed.
Distinguishing Marks: Appendectomy scar on abdomen. He had recently lost a lot of weight (possibly 30-40 pounds). A small mole on the left side of his chin. His earlobes were attached. His appendix scar was old.
Clothing: All in very good shape were a Blue plaid shirt, gray Fruit of the Loom T-shirt, Levi 550 blue jeans (size 36-34), black Timberland boots (size 10 Medium) and a black leather belt (markings "genuine leather made in USA" along with "7301" and "L31".
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available. Teeth in near perfect shape. He had orthodontic work done.
DNA: CODIS
Other: It is possible that he spoke with a slight Canadian or similar accent.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Case History
The body of this white or Native male was located in a Quinault area motel. His death has been ruled a suicide.
He had checked into the motel using the name "Lyle Stevik" from 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. The address he listed is for a motel. Lyle Stevik is a character in the book You Must Remember This, by Joyce Carol Oates.
He indicated that he was going to stay a few more days though he had only paid for one evening. The maid entered the room on September 17, 2001 and found him hanging from the coat rack with his leather belt. He had left money on the nightstand with a note that said "For the Room". The only personal belongings in his possession was a tooth brush and paste.

He arrived by bus, possibly one that came from Port Angeles (south), but a bus came up from Aberdeen (northbound) and arrived about the same time. Neither driver was sure if he was on their bus. He arrived with no luggage, and there was no luggage, clothing, etc. in the motel dumpster.
He may have come from Canada, as the clerk recalled that he had "a slight Canadian accent". The fact he wrote the word "suicide" on a piece of paper found in the trash leads authorities to believe he wrote a letter home, telling someone of his intentions, that he was going to disappear, so they aren't looking for him. He may have been dying, or suffered from depression, as he lost a lot of weight, although nothing was found at the autopsy.
There were no indications that he ever wore a wedding ring.
Fingerprints sent to FBI and RCMP with Negative results.

===============================================

Possible match?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/berard_michael.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 1, 2000 from Alberta, CANADA
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 151 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race:
Distinguishing Characteristics: Scar on right cheek
Case Number: 20010045
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Michael Berard has not been seen since the summer of 2000. It is not known where he was last seen.

Unidentified Man

Michael

What do you think?

Not a lot to go on with Michael...just states :not been seen since summer 2000..scar on right cheek.

The UID has specifics..should make it easy to rule out. Find out who LE is for Michael and call them and compare stats w/them, MO.

Thanks. I will do it.

Not a lot to go on with Michael...just states :not been seen since summer 2000..scar on right cheek.

The UID has specifics..should make it easy to rule out. Find out who LE is for Michael and call them and compare stats w/them, MO.

Height off by 4 inches.
Nose and chin lines dont' really match

I called this one in months ago to SFPD - had to tell the officer all about the NCMA and walk him through the whole thing. I realize some of the physicals are off, but look at the eyebrows and the clothing. Calling it in I learned that Charles had a record. Never did hear back, but I suppose it wasn't a match???

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wright_charles.html

I called this one in months ago to SFPD - had to tell the officer all about the NCMA and walk him through the whole thing. I realize some of the physicals are off, but look at the eyebrows and the clothing. Calling it in I learned that Charles had a record. Never did hear back, but I suppose it wasn't a match???

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wright_charles.html

I have not called it in yet. Thank you for letting me know you did. I am glad to know someone else thought it might be a possible match. :)

Why don't you follow-up?

I have not called it in yet. Thank you for letting me know you did. I am glad to know someone else thought it might be a possible match. :)

Why don't you follow-up?

Just reading these old threads and I wanted to point out how I understand this conversation. Kivasupporter was suggesting Michael Brerard. Fairy1 indicated she/he had previously reported Charles Wright. It appears Kivasupporter understood this to mean that Fairy1 had called in M. Brerard?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back