Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dateline Wants Your Stories.

"The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola

Dateline Wants Your Stories.

The great people at Dateline NBC have been friends of Websleuths for a while now.

The producers at Dateline look to Websleuths for story ideas.

Executive Producer Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

His email is: Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

The Dateline request is wide open. Nothing specific. Just interesting true crime.

Post questions here or email Daniel yourself. He is a wonderful and caring person.

#############################
    Last edited by Tricia; 10-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

He does read them. I submitted something back in July, he e-mailed me back.

I haven't heard from him since, so I just shot him another e-mail. Worth a chance right?
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelmajane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zelmajane View Post
    He does read them. I submitted something back in July, he e-mailed me back.

I haven't heard from him since, so I just shot him another e-mail. Worth a chance right?
    Absolutely. He emails me every so often to tell me to thank you all for the great emails and to keep them coming.

After Thanksgiving I am going to get him to come on to WS like the producer from TLC did and answer questions. He is a very interesting person and very sincere.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

I dunno if Daniel had anything to do with this or not, but I'm going to post it anyway.

I contacted Daniel a couple of months ago about an unsolved case near to my area. He immediately got back to me saying it was an interesting story, and he was going to research it.

Today, it was reported in a newspaper not that far from me, that Fox had just finished filming a story on the case to be broadcast soon: http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/...e.cfm?ID=17052 ) (although it's not a dateline program)

So Daniel, if you had a hand in this, thank you so very much!!! This case was a horrific case that can & should be solved, and to see it get any media attention after all this time gives us hope that it won't be forgotten! The people who are local to this case have never forgotten how horrific this crime was, and we think about this family daily. 6 years into this case, it had appeared that there simply would be no solving of the case, and this families horrific murder would forever haunt those of us who searched endlessly for little Jennifer's body until the searches were called off. This gives us hope & I thank anybody & everybody who had a hand in bringing it back into the limelight!!!

This story won't be broadcast locally to us, but for any of you die hard sleuths that are interested, please try to watch this program when it airs. There are clues out there that could solve this case, but there has to be people who will get involved and help. With the great minds that we have here, it could be one of you who finds that one little clue that is lacking... If you're interested in this case, I try as best I can to keep the info updated at WS. You can read more on it here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...jennifer+short
    Seeking Justice for Jennifer, Michael and Mary Short Murders: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...jennifer+short

An unsolved missing person case;

Link to basic information.

Interview with Richard Ingraham man helping to solve the case.

The name of the little girl who was abducted is not Kelly Poulton, it's Kayleigh Poulton. Just for clarification.

This would really be cool to solve. If anyone knows anything, help.

Here's something else to look into. Another show looking for stories here rejected it.

Robert Bruce Spahalski

Robert and Stephen Spahalski, twin brothers raised together in childhood but separated by decades with one isolated in prison, may be excellent study subjects to determine why people develop the tendencies that make them murderers.

Robert Bruce Spahalski, 51, has been accused of murdering four people, three women and one man, over a period of 15 years, the first in 1990. Four charges of 2nd degree murder have been entered against him: for the 1990 killing of Moraine Armstrong in Rochester, NY; the 1991 killing of Adrian Berger in Rochester and the killing of Charles Grande in Webster, NY; and the 2005 killing of Vivian Irizarry, 54, in Rochester.

Arthur Shawcross

In most cases, the victims of serial killer Arthur Shawcross were strangled, battered to death and mutilated. Years later Arthur Shawcross claimed that he had cannibalized some of his victims. He told a British reporter that he had sliced out and eaten the vaginas of three victims, and also that he had eaten the genitals of Jake Blake. A good deal of doubt has been cast on these claims though with a lot of criminologists feeling he was just trying to impress the reporter.

Arthur Shawcross was caught in 1990 when police intentionally left the body of this final victim where they found it with the idea that a criminal will always return the scene of the crime. The police were right and serial killer Arthur Shawcross we caught when he was spotted masturbating in his car that was parked on a bridge over the creek where his victim's body was floating. He was arrested and eventually confessed.

What's really interesting is that Spahalski's first murder was in 1990 and Shawcross' last murder was in 1990. I don't know if there is any overlap or if they occurred a few months apart. Still a fascinating tale for either one.

I'm a little wary of sending these because it will make Rochester look like the murder capital of the world and it's not.

The murder capital of the world is Cabot Cove, Maine.

I hope you choose both of these. The Spahalski story is something I'd like to see in depth and you can't do better than helping look for a missing pregnant woman.
    Buttons updated 08-13-2014

]

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL, BRIEF NUDITY
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    The great people at Dateline NBC have been friends of Websleuths for a while now.

Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn

The Dateline request is wide open. Nothing specific. Just interesting true crime.

Post questions here or email Daniel yourself. He is a wonderful and caring person.
    I wonder if they would be interested in my brother's story? Below is an article . Alan is my Brother & Lisa is his wife.

PRESTONSBURG — The mournful cries of traumatized children silenced the courtroom Wednesday afternoon, when Det. Ben Cramer, of the Kentucky State Police, played a 911 tape that brought sharp focus to the reality of the scene that took place in the home of Alan and Lisa Tackett, of Abbott, on the evening of March 20, at approximately 6:30 p.m.

It was on that evening that Alan Tackett, 47, and his wife, Lisa, 30, were gunned down sniper-style in their own front yard by bullets allegedly fired by Berry Hall, 45, the uncle of Lisa Tackett, from a second-story window of his home.

According to testimony provided Wednesday by Det. Cramer, Lisa Tackett's dead body, struck once through the chest, was found lying in the front yard of her home, while her husband's body lay half-in, half-out across the threshold of the home's front door. Alan Tackett, according to Cramer, had been struck twice — once in the hand, and again on the right side of his head.

Four children under the age of 5 years old were inside the home at the time of the shootings.

Though Hall, according to Det. Cramer, "made three separate confessions" to the crime, his court-appointed attorney Steven Goble, of Pikeville, entered a plea of not guilty before District Judge James R. Allen on Wednesday afternoon.

"I lost it and I killed them," Det. Cramer said Hall told him on the evening of March 20. Cramer also said that Hall told him that he had been arguing with his niece and her husband earlier that day about "some ongoing issues" involving property lines and a dog owned by the couple that had wandered onto Hall's property. Hall, according to Det. Cramer, had said that "he just had all he could stand and he shot and killed them."

Cramer said that during the course of questioning, he queried Hall in regard to the possible danger that existed for the children in the home. "He repeatedly said that he was in control of himself enough that he knew he would not harm any of the children," Cramer said.

Following the shootings, Hall allegedly entered the home of the slain couple and retrieved the four children, who he then took to his own home, allegedly stepping over the dead bodies of the children's parents in order to do so.

Along with the alleged confessions, examination of the crime scene, and a taped 911 recording of Hall's son alleging that it was his father who had fired the shots that killed Alan and Lisa Tackett, evidence was compelling that it was, indeed, Berry Hall who committed the double murder.

Though Hall's attorney conducted a cross-examination of Det. Cramer's testimony, Hall himself remained quiet, appearing calm throughout the proceeding.

Judge Allen declared that Hall would remain held without bond in the Floyd County Detention Center. Allen also declared that charges against Hall of two counts of murder and four counts of wanton endangerment will be referred to the grand jury.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Oh My Dear God Tulessa I am so sorry.

How are the children doing? Are they living with you?

So this guy was a neighbor who "just lost it?" What in the hell is wrong with people.

YES. Send in your story to all the producers. Why not? The only thing that could happen is they will say yes or no.

Start by sending it to Danial at Dateline.
    Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Keep us informed and I looki forward to you posting more.
    Tricia
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    I wonder if they would be interested in my brother's story? Below is an article . Alan is my Brother & Lisa is his wife.

PRESTONSBURG — The mournful cries of traumatized children silenced the courtroom Wednesday afternoon, when Det. Ben Cramer, of the Kentucky State Police, played a 911 tape that brought sharp focus to the reality of the scene that took place in the home of Alan and Lisa Tackett, of Abbott, on the evening of March 20, at approximately 6:30 p.m.

It was on that evening that Alan Tackett, 47, and his wife, Lisa, 30, were gunned down sniper-style in their own front yard by bullets allegedly fired by Berry Hall, 45, the uncle of Lisa Tackett, from a second-story window of his home.

According to testimony provided Wednesday by Det. Cramer, Lisa Tackett's dead body, struck once through the chest, was found lying in the front yard of her home, while her husband's body lay half-in, half-out across the threshold of the home's front door. Alan Tackett, according to Cramer, had been struck twice — once in the hand, and again on the right side of his head.

Four children under the age of 5 years old were inside the home at the time of the shootings.

Though Hall, according to Det. Cramer, "made three separate confessions" to the crime, his court-appointed attorney Steven Goble, of Pikeville, entered a plea of not guilty before District Judge James R. Allen on Wednesday afternoon.

"I lost it and I killed them," Det. Cramer said Hall told him on the evening of March 20. Cramer also said that Hall told him that he had been arguing with his niece and her husband earlier that day about "some ongoing issues" involving property lines and a dog owned by the couple that had wandered onto Hall's property. Hall, according to Det. Cramer, had said that "he just had all he could stand and he shot and killed them."

Cramer said that during the course of questioning, he queried Hall in regard to the possible danger that existed for the children in the home. "He repeatedly said that he was in control of himself enough that he knew he would not harm any of the children," Cramer said.

Following the shootings, Hall allegedly entered the home of the slain couple and retrieved the four children, who he then took to his own home, allegedly stepping over the dead bodies of the children's parents in order to do so.

Along with the alleged confessions, examination of the crime scene, and a taped 911 recording of Hall's son alleging that it was his father who had fired the shots that killed Alan and Lisa Tackett, evidence was compelling that it was, indeed, Berry Hall who committed the double murder.

Though Hall's attorney conducted a cross-examination of Det. Cramer's testimony, Hall himself remained quiet, appearing calm throughout the proceeding.

Judge Allen declared that Hall would remain held without bond in the Floyd County Detention Center. Allen also declared that charges against Hall of two counts of murder and four counts of wanton endangerment will be referred to the grand jury.
    I think it speaks to a number of issues that would have broad appeal and I would be happy to help you write to Mr. Slepian if you need any assistance.

I am so incredibly sorry that you sister in law's uncle chose this kind of violence as a means to resolve what was undoubtedly a petty dispute. I hope the children are well loved and well supported and I hope you and yours are doing OK while trying to live with this tragedy.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Oh My Dear God Tulessa I am so sorry.

How are the children doing? Are they living with you?

So this guy was a neighbor who "just lost it?" What in the hell is wrong with people.

YES. Send in your story to all the producers. Why not? The only thing that could happen is they will say yes or no.

Start by sending it to Danial at Dateline.
    Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Keep us informed and I looki forward to you posting more.
    Tricia
    This guy was My brother's wife's uncle. Thank you for asking. The children were ALL adopted by their grandfather & his wife & are doing well. The 2 oldest are still in counselling.

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I think it speaks to a number of issues that would have broad appeal and I would be happy to help you write to Mr. Slepian if you need any assistance.

I am so incredibly sorry that you sister in law's uncle chose this kind of violence as a means to resolve what was undoubtedly a petty dispute. I hope the children are well loved and well supported and I hope you and yours are doing OK while trying to live with this tragedy.
    believe09, thank you and I would be very grateful. My mom has never recovered from the shock and she could go any day.

Thank you Tom!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    believe09, thank you and I would be very grateful. My mom has never recovered from the shock and she could go any day.

I am going to PM you my email address-send me any impact statements you want to make and I will do a draft so you can see what you think...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn

Pilar Rodriguez.......with the many of the case players spread out God Only Knows where across our Nation...we NEED her case displayed now that's turned from cold to HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Pilar Rodriguez.......with the many of the case players spread out God Only Knows where across our Nation...we NEED her case displayed now that's turned from cold to HOT!
    Hi Ms. Rat,

You contact Mr. Slepian first with Pilar's story. I'll follow up after.

Let's have a chat with the Rat shall we?

Pick up the phone and give me a call
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Exclamation

Hi Ms. Rat,

You contact Mr. Slepian first with Pilar's story. I'll follow up after.

Let's have a chat with the Rat shall we?

Pick up the phone and give me a call
    I would IF I did not have to go in for surgery in the morning, Tricia - that's why I tossed the ball to you...

RR

It's time to bring back "To Catch a Predator". I know a lot of people who really liked watching LE take those scumballs off the streets.

]

Made by HD ----->

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I would IF I did not have to go in for surgery in the morning, Tricia - that's why I tossed the ball to you...

RR

YIKES. Sorry. Consider it done my dear.
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

YIKES. Sorry. Consider it done my dear.
    I AM Sorry...got a little distracted last week, time slipped away and I didn't update...please check at our other Home, I think I remember updating there...now - it' Go Time...maybe you will be one of the lucky ones since I plan on having some fun with this and do some Drunk Dialing while I am under the influence of the (Michael) Jackson Juice! LOL - almost wish I wasn't me just so I could get one of those calls - and YES - everything is OFF the Record then and only then .

I just sent Daniel an email about a murder that happened to a friend of mines nephew in Dallas back in 1992-1993 that to my knowledge has never been solved. The person murdered was a 21 year old good kid that played with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and some friends of his that were having a dinner party at a home of one of them. A really horrible murder, everyone was tied up with hands behind thier backs and one side of thier throats slit and then the house was caught on fire.

So I will let everyone know if he contacts me back.

would anyone help me? my daughter is been taken by her non-custodial father, a crack user who has many enemies he had them convicted for GTA after he sold his car for drug money, then reported it stolen. he has been shot at.............
    my daughter has been sexually abused and of course, PAS/////th politics here is corrupt, no deputy nor police officer will help! she has been trying to contact me an I have not heard her voice in over a year!
    i dont know how she is..............i am a custodial parent and she as taken from me, and NOONE WILL HELP!
    they heAR CUSTODY AND TURN A BLIND EYE!!!!!!!!!!! SHE NEEDS HELP!

please go to thedoenetwork.org.............please help bring them home

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMGAFFNEY For This Useful Post:

Could they do a story on killer KAPRAT III ?

His name is:
    Edwin "mike" Bernard Kaprat III
    he is dubbed
    "THE GRANNY KILLER"
    from FLORIDA.

but he also killed and robbed a young man along the
    Courtney Campbell Parkway and hid hid body in
    Mangrove Thickets there.
    I could not find his picture, nor could I find much about this man.
    Please do a story about him.
    I read that two fellow DR inamtes stabbed him to death in the rec yard also...
    justice prevails....

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

I think they should do a story on breaking the cycle of abuse in bio families. I'd totally do the show for them.
    Most people don't understand what is involved in breaking the cycle and how it effects the family member that does break the cycle.
    I think it would be a great show and help many families take the step to break the cycle.

BTW I Did e-mail him reguarding this. I would love love to get the word out! I think a lot of people don't break the cycle out of fear and that is a shame.
    Last edited by 6angels; 07-12-2010 at 02:15 AM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6angels For This Useful Post:

There is a very interesting case in Texas right now. An over view of the story is there is a woman who has been married 4 times. Husband 1 short period, husband 2 about 16 yrs, Husband 3 months, husband 4 months.
    She had 2 children with husband 2, a 18 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy. Everything took place in Dalton Ga until recently. She left husband number 2 for number 3 who was about 20 yrs older and most say for money. He dies months after they are married, and its ruled accidental gunshot. Most say it was murder but there are many supects if true. He was greedy, a womanizer, and was fighting with family.
    The woman then picks up and moves to Texas with hubby number 4 who is 10 yrs younger. She takes the son with her and though she has joint custody does not inform the father. Months later she is mudered in an aparent home invasion. She, her daughter, and hubby are bound and beat with a bat? But she is the only to die. Were they wrapped up in gangs? Meth? Was someone seeking revenge?
    Wel we know she hand wrote a will either the day or 5 days before her murder. In the will she leaves her son to a family in Texas. Now the father has been turned away by texas, not able to even see his son which he had custody of. Are the cops also involved in a coverup? Lots of twist and turns in this case. What really happened and what is really going on now???

This is a link to a site that has all the players posting, views from all sides, lost of info and you will be left confused and wanting answers I guarantee!
    Lisa Witt Ulloa case LINK

Exclamation Whatever happened to Mackenzie Cowell?

A beautiful young girl abducted and murdered in fairly small town Wenatchee Wa. A family full of secrets, an election year for law enforcement leaders.
    FBI, a few jurisdictions thrown in and wallah a made for T.V. who done it.
    Random, planned? Depends who you listen too. Why was it not headline news until her car was found? The sheriff's of Douglas and Chelan county throw barbs at one another, speculation abounds, the FBI has pulled all but a couple of officer's from the case....and yet. A 17 yr. old is brutally murdered and a family and community not receiving any information. One sheriff say's it was not random then recants and says he was misquoted. Another say's we are waiting on lab results. Really?? Six months and we are waiting for lab results?
    This has stink all over it and yet not a defining scent.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:

In the light of what has happened to Tim Miller for his role in the Caylee Anthony case it would be very cool to see a piece about him and the tragedy that inspired him to do his important work for families of missing children and there outcomes. It would also be nice to include a good bit of time to his work on the Caylee Anthony case and how they have screwed him over from step one and how JB is requesting the names of people involved in the search and how that could negatively affect the recruiting in the future. It should be easy to include Cindy's Freudian Slip into the mix as well as Tim's story about GA asking KC to put an a X on the map for Tim to search for.

I think it would be a very good thing. It would help clear up any myths about Tim. Also, I'd be willing to be CA may be willing to go on camera about TM. JMO

I think this is too important to pass over.

]

Made by HD ----->

To give you some idea of how popular this subject is here check out this thread about his recent interview that has not been made too public. I think it's only aired on the internet. I suggest reading the whole thread. It would give a good background on what I'm talking about.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111989"]2010.08.16 Tim Miller Interview - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The thread was started on 08/17/10 and currently has 8,700 views and 306 replies. All of that happening within 51 hours of the thread starting. It's a hot topic with those who know of it and it will be a hot topic if it goes national and more find out, JMO

It should also help to refill the coffers of TES with donations.

]

Made by HD ----->

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast