Man Finds Mouse Baked Into Bread

Ewww. (If this is real. Honestly I can't tell if it is a mouse. Why is it cut in half?)

Maybe it was just squashed - but if it is real, why does he have it all over his kitchen counter? :eek:

Don't think I'll have lunch at his house... :chicken:

The "insides" of the mouse look like bread - wouldn't it look like guts if it were a real mouse??

It looked to me like the mouse was covered in dough, I couldn't see any guts. It was baked into the buns. eeewwwwwwww........ Poor little thing.

Looks like bread to me, albeit in the vague shape of a mouse. I think it would be really obvious if it were actually a carcass baked into a bun.

I saw this on one of the news channels and it sure looked like a mouse to me! :eek:
And yuck, too!

According to this article, lab results are back and it was not a mouse:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/11/07/mouse-in-hot-dog-bun-update.htm

The lab results are in.

A PR firm for Arnold Bakers emailed me a copy of a certificate from Maryland food testing laboratory Strasburger & Siegel stating that microscopic analysis has determined that the "rodent" found baked into a hot dog bun by a Charlotte, NC man was, in fact, "starchy residue."

Specifically:

1. The extraneous matter was conclusively identified as product build-up.

2. The gray streak on the roll appeared to be the result of this product build-up having contacted the side.

3. There was no evidence (hairs, excreta, stains, etc.) of rodent contamination on or in the rolls or the submitted extraneous matter.

Pretty straightforward. No comment from state health officials as yet, though presumably they're still conducting their own investigation, having been totally left out of the loop on this one.

Well, if it is a real mouse, that's totally gross.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back