K&B Ask for custody order to be sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
irreparable damage....
FOIA........
APPEAL?????????????? how the heck would THAT work????????????

I do believe K&B have been participating in the media coverage by posting only the information they wish to share on their website!!!

Thereby, MOTION DENIED!

Next...

That makes no sense.

We already know temp custody stays with the Rentz/Lister families. We already know that the judge found reason(s) to keep the kids in Canada. How that affects the criminal case I don't know; unless Sasser is releasing forensic results in HER ruling (which of course she isn't and can't) then { yawn..}. We've already seen the depos, read the affys. Big whoop. Or as SNL's Aunt Linda would say, "Whaaaaat?? Oh brother. :rolleyes:"

That makes no sense.

We already know temp custody stays with the Rentz/Lister families. We already know that the judge found reason(s) to keep the kids in Canada. How that affects the criminal case I don't know; unless Sasser is releasing forensic results in HER ruling (which of course she isn't and can't) then { yawn..}. We've already seen the depos, read the affys. Big whoop. Or as SNL's Aunt Linda would say, "Whaaaaat?? Oh brother. :rolleyes:"

I'm surprised they haven't whined about that grumpy looking mugshot actually. He looks pretty unpleasant.

I'm surprised they haven't whined about that grumpy looking mugshot actually. He looks pretty unpleasant.

I've seen much worse (Nick Nolte, anyone?). Brad didn't look at the camera; that's the only issue as far as I can tell. Don't they get "do-overs?" Even the driver's license bureau will allow one do-over.

I've seen much worse (Nick Nolte, anyone?). Brad didn't look at the camera; that's the only issue as far as I can tell. Don't they get "do-overs?" Even the driver's license bureau will allow one do-over.
When working on locating folks for a class reunion, I went online to the local law enforcement site of my hometown. Not only did I find some classmates, I had a grand ole' time checking out their mugs. Some had changed quite a bit since they were 17 years old....especially in pix taken probably in the early AM while drugged out or intoxicated. Needless to say, NOT the most flattering portraits. Hee Hee.

I do wonder why K & B keeps harping on Chief Bazemore though. Once Nancy was identified and the status of missing was changed to homicide the Chief had a presser or two but refused to discuss the case, even telling the press there would be no further comments about it.

Prior to that time she was defensive of Brad, refusing to answer if Brad was at HT at 4 am. Good thing she had the good sense to not name a POI or suspect aye ?

I wondered that too, RC. Bazemore was as closed-mouthed about this case as anyone could be and still admit there was actually a murder. Contrast her comments with a multitude of other LE jurisdictions across the country. Her officers wouldn't comment on ANYTHING wrt this case. Not one peep. :cop::ziplip: And Bazemore said nothing excep the standard, "we are pleased with our efforts...blah, blah, blah."

I think they're using this as a test case to see what they can get sealed. Because on the face of it, there isn't much in a judge's temp ruling that is going to harm or prejudice their client, IMHO. Most of the public at-large doesn't read legal documents anyway. We do on this board, but even then, not everyone bothers because it can be tedious. He11, the average member of the public doesn't understand half of what they read even in a simple news article.

Everyone wave hello to K&B

and wave hello to Sandlin & Davidian too! :wave: They were co-counsels, with Debbie Sandlin taking the lead on the defense.

Lynn Prather: no hard feelings; you still have fabu cheekbones, seriously! If this whole legal thing doesn't pan out consider becoming a cosmetics model--Chanel could probably double the sales of their blushes.

I wondered that too, RC. Bazemore was as closed-mouthed about this case as anyone could be and still admit there was actually a murder. Contrast her comments with a multitude of other LE jurisdictions across the country. Her officers wouldn't comment on ANYTHING wrt this case. Not one peep. And Bazemore said nothing excep the standard, "we are pleased with our efforts...blah, blah, blah."

I think they're using this as a test case to see what they can get sealed. Because on the face of it, there isn't much in a judge's temp ruling that is going to harm or prejudice their client, IMHO. Most of the public at-large doesn't read legal documents anyway. We do on this board, but even then, not everyone bothers because it can be tedious.

That is what is so silly to me about it - the majority of people in the area where this occured probably don't even care. The news goes in one ear and out the other. Few if any will read the documents in reality, some of the posters here don't even read them. The majority of posters here have 0 possibility of ever being on a jury for this case since we live out of state, even out of country. This is what is silly to me.

I think the real aim is at Nancy's friends, They don't want them to know anything since they may have to testify in the criminal trial. Would like to know why K & B when deposing them felt the need to ask of them what they told LE. Guess we know why actually.

But expecting Detective Daniels to tell them why he said what he said is ummmm crazy and trying to imply he has no foundation to say is is even crazier. :crazy:

He11, the average member of the public doesn't understand half of what they read even in a simple news article.

Why does that hit me as odd on the eve of elections :bang: :wave:

Why does that hit me as odd on the eve of elections :bang: :wave:

I don't know, especially when one party is focusing on "Joe Sixpack" and "Joe the Plumber." Same constituents available for jury duty in this or any case, on average. Most juries are not made up of Ph.Ds. and Rhodes Scholars, just your average citizen, carefully selected by jury consultants and matching as close as possible to an optimal profile.

Actually I believe it is Sandlin who filed this motion and not K & B.
The latest update from WRAL says however that Kurtz is filing a motion for bond.

... LOVEly!

I'm sure the neighbors will be pleased!!

Actually I believe it is Sandlin who filed this motion and not K & B.
The latest update from WRAL says however that Kurtz is filing a motion for bond.

Both Sandlin & Prather signed, so it's coming from both firms I think.

... LOVEly!

I'm sure the neighbors will be pleased!!

After finally being able to get out of their houses without fear of a murderer on the loose, yeah, bet they are thrilled at this prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie