Detective Melich and Websleuths in The News

Truth Seeker

Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

One blogger on websleuths.com claimed to be the president of the "WWYMD" fan club, meaning "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" One blogger was floored over how awesome Melich's work was after watching the interview Melich did with Casey Anthony's mother a couple of weeks after Casey's arrest.

Bloggers also asked about Melich's leg after seeing him on TV with a crutch. On September 20, he posted as "Dick Tracy Orlando" about how he had broken it in three places during training. He thanked them for their concern, writing, "Thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We are all working for her."

Even so, the Anthony family's attorney, Mark NeJame, took issue with it and complained to the sheriff's office. Melich's bosses then told him to stop, concerned that his communications with bloggers would be portrayed as an endorsement of some of the other opinions they expressed against Casey.

Wow! Not good...

So can we take it as "Eyewitness News" is here too!!??

:steamed: That is just stupid. If he had ever said anything about the case I could understand it, but he didn't. Nejame needs to worry more about his clients public image that Yuri's.

I hope they have all taken a look for themselves to see it isn't a big deal.
Jesus, if Kobie can go on Nancy Grace to discuss EVIDENCE & he works for the defense, what is wrong with Yuri just saying "thanks for the support."

The jerk factor with all of "that family" just keeps on rising.
They need to be more worried about finding Caylee's body than any web site.:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar Where I want to see them ALL

they also showed Karate Dad's images of jail house KC and the BS meter

oh oh lol .. i think im gonna be watching what i say and post on here till this case is over with ,:chicken::chicken:

I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.

:steamed: That is just stupid. If he had ever said anything about the case I could understand it, but he didn't. Nejame needs to worry more about his clients public image that Yuri's.

Jesus, if Kobie can go on Nancy Grace to discuss EVIDENCE & he works for the defense, what is wrong with Yuri just saying "thanks for the support."

They need to be more worried about finding Caylee's body than any web site.:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar Where I want to see them ALL

You said it all!!!! :blowkiss:

What is it with these people? Is it their mission to pizz off more people than humanly possible? What do they care that Yuri was talking about everything BUT the case? Do they ever, ever put Caylee first.....EVER?

Oh, this makes me mad:furious::furious:

No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand. :mad:

Looking for loopholes? Is that it? Geez, doesn't Eyewitness News have anything better to report than that?

You can bet they'll have a team of reporters hovering out there on the search trying to prompt searchers to be interviewed. It's just another story to them, I suppose.

Geez the defense team must really be grasping at straws complaining about us! SHEESH!!!!!!

They're a bunch of hipocrites ......the only question most of us have is????? WHERE IS CAYLEE???????

Doesn't the family want to bring her home & give her a proper burial? Or are they convinced they did a good enough job she'll never be found.

Nothing was said wrong & they honestly need to worry about CAYLEE!!!!

you know i saw the pain in cindys eyes when she was hugging that little girl .. when i saw that it made me so sad for her . i cant help it she was closing her eyes and imagining that baby was caylee now if she would just do the right thing by caylee .. :(

OMG! Can they NOT find anything better to do with their time? Yuri did

NOTHING wrong. I believe Casey's defense needs to be spending a little more time on how they are going to keep their client off death row and a little less time on what the truly innocent people are doing!

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I'm not sure it was appropriate for the detective in an ongoing case to post here....just sayin.. seems like it could be construed as unethical.

I agree, but I read everyone of his posts and looked forward to them:) In his defense, was he not out on sick leave at the time? And IIRC he never said anything at all specific to the case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

One blogger on websleuths.com claimed to be the president of the "WWYMD" fan club, meaning "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" One blogger was floored over how awesome Melich's work was after watching the interview Melich did with Casey Anthony's mother a couple of weeks after Casey's arrest.

Bloggers also asked about Melich's leg after seeing him on TV with a crutch. On September 20, he posted as "Dick Tracy Orlando" about how he had broken it in three places during training. He thanked them for their concern, writing, "Thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We are all working for her."

Even so, the Anthony family's attorney, Mark NeJame, took issue with it and complained to the sheriff's office. Melich's bosses then told him to stop, concerned that his communications with bloggers would be portrayed as an endorsement of some of the other opinions they expressed against Casey.

Wow. I feel so bad for him.

Seems to me that's what the article is inferring. He never discussed the case but that doesn't seem to count for anything.

No CA is just doing what she does. She goes to different sites to see where they stand. :mad:

We all know she reads here!!! :mad:

Casey's defense attorney's public relations firm said Monday that "anything on the blogs we don't pay attention to," because they're unreliable.

It probably would backfire on the defense to bring up the bloggers, since many of them believe Casey Anthony murdered her daughter Caylee."

IIRC, didn't one of the detectives on the Danielle Van Dam case get an idea from WS website about looking at the length of Danielle's hair(s) found in the RV?

This website is probably chock-full of ideas that YM could use to help in putting the investigation together!

ITA-- The only think I ever saw him post was thanking people for their support about the case, his work and his leg. Right?

Do we know the # of posts he made? I hate that he got reprimanded but I can see how it "sounds" ill- advised. Hopefully it will just blow over- the report said its unlikely the defense will want to make a huge deal of it bc so many of the bloggers believe Casey's guilty. I wouldn't put anything past Jose- I'm sure he's salivating. :mad:

Nothing unethical about it. That what detectives do -- find out info, test things, talk to people. He just had to treat his time here as on-duty in terms of being a professional; which he did. Nothing unethical. Even the attorneys involved in the case could come here and it would not violate any ethical rules or expectations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back