Obama's grandmother dies

How sad. I wish she could have lived long enough to see him elected....for Obama's sake. Lord knows she couldn't have been any prouder already!

She sounds like a good person. I'm sorry for Obama's loss; it's good he went to see her before she passed away.

How sad. I wish she could have lived long enough to see him elected....for Obama's sake. Lord knows she couldn't have been any prouder already!

I agree! She can watch him from heaven now.... From the link, what an honorable tribute to an amazing lady. I can only hope such words are written about myself and my loved ones.

I think it's so sad. She seemed to mean the world to him. If she could have only lived one more day to possibly see his historic election!

You know how it is, when you accomplish something you always want to share the joy with your family. It will be a bittersweet moment for him, I am sure!

What a shame that she did not live to be able to celebrate this great accomplishment with her grandson. From what I have read she was quite an accomplished woman in her own right. She must have been so proud.

Madelyn Dunham sounds like a wonderful woman who did indeed live long enough to see her beloved grandson make history. RIP, "Toot".

Madelyn Dunham sounds like a wonderful woman who did indeed live long enough to see her beloved grandson make history. RIP, "Toot".

I agree. She knows how special he was to her and how special he is to others. She is the hero behind the scenes who made everything possible. She is the special history too.

Some of my mothers grandkids called her Toot as well. None made history but mom's history carved a place for many. So, in your heart is the most special place.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back