1023 users online (203 members and 820 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503

    The reason for the trademark on Caylee's name

    There has been some discussion as to why the Anthony's would begin the process of trademarking Caylee's name.I believe I have the answer to that. www.zapple.com/caylee+anthony+gifts....This is a online market selling memorabillia using little Caylee. I personally believe that if anyone should be stopped from this grotesque capitalization on a little girl's death, they should.. I am showing the website only because I believe no one here would support such abhorrent behavior.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
    There has been some discussion as to why the Anthony's would begin the process of trademarking Caylee's name.I believe I have the answer to that. www.zapple.com/caylee+anthony+gifts....This is a online market selling memorabillia using little Caylee. I personally believe that if anyone should be stopped from this grotesque capitalization on a little girl's death, they should.. I am showing the website only because I believe no one here would support such abhorrent behavior.
    Ah, but chilly has shown us that they have not actually trademarked the name, but rather are just using the trademark symbols beside her name and the phrase Help Find Caylee on the Caylee site. There is no record, according to chilly's post over in the Anthony's forced to move command center again thread, that they have ever applied for a trademark.

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    Ah, but chilly has shown us that they have not actually trademarked the name, but rather are just using the trademark symbols beside her name and the phrase Help Find Caylee on the Caylee site. There is no record, according to chilly's post over in the Anthony's forced to move command center again thread, that they have ever applied for a trademark.
    No, they havent completed the process..that is the reason it says tm I believe at this point, they are trying to protect website info. They are considering seeking full copyright protection if this co. does not voluntarily stop selling the products..This is not an A venture as all products are anti KC .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    Ah, but chilly has shown us that they have not actually trademarked the name, but rather are just using the trademark symbols beside her name and the phrase Help Find Caylee on the Caylee site. There is no record, according to chilly's post over in the Anthony's forced to move command center again thread, that they have ever applied for a trademark.
    If they were to start tm proceedings, then they are under obligation to go after anyone who is trying to use the tradedmarked names. There's a period of time before a tm goes thru - over a year. I think it might be 5, but I could be wrong on that. In essence, they have to prove that they really want the trademarked name, which means constantly looking for, sending people cease and desist letters, taking people to court - all before they even get the name trademarked, otherwise they lose getting the name trademarked.

    Chances are unlikely they'd get Caylee Marie Anthony. Like the rest of us they are lowly peons, and about the only people successful with trademarking their names are actors/actresses.

    Putting a tm on a site means nothing. It's a scare tactic. I know someone who is doing this. Legally, there's nothing they can do until they start the registration process and pay their money.
    Last edited by technicalconfusion; 11-04-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: clarification, i hope.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503
    Again it was my understanding that it was their intention to complete the process if need be. However, if they don't, maybe the thread could be about this organization's use of Caylee for profit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503
    I would guess that to be true..You would also have to consider if another person named Caylee became a crime victim..It would certainly make things harder for the second one wouldn't it? I have to wonder what the family can do under these circumstances legally to make this stop, if anything.

  7. #7
    I have to wonder why they are focusing on ANYTHING other than WHERE IS CAYLEE?????

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
    I would guess that to be true..You would also have to consider if another person named Caylee became a crime victim..It would certainly make things harder for the second one wouldn't it? I have to wonder what the family can do under these circumstances legally to make this stop, if anything.

    Looks like I'm wrong about the TM being a scare tactic. They could take legal action - if I'm reading it right:

    https://www.legalzoom.com/legal-arti...mark-name.html

    Please note, if you do not register your name you can still use a mark you have adopted to identify the source of your goods and/or services. Anytime you claim rights to a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) symbol, regardless of whether you filed an application with the USPTO. But, registering your mark will offer you added protection under Trademark Law, including giving you the ability to bring action in court concerning the mark, and obtaining registration in foreign countries. The mark can only be used after the mark is actually registered with the USPTO.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503
    Nejame is on the ball, he would have advised it I'm sure when that site popped up. There will be others...they will have to do something and I would imagine that is the only way

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    It would be nice to have a legal person weigh in on this.


    http://inventors.about.com/b/2007/07...r-name-yet.htm
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
    It would be nice to have a legal person weigh in on this.


    http://inventors.about.com/b/2007/07...r-name-yet.htm
    Im new...any ideas who the best person for this job would be?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by cfromcanada View Post
    Im new...any ideas who the best person for this job would be?
    Not a clue.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  13. #13
    JusticeorJustUs's Avatar
    JusticeorJustUs is offline Sometimes there's Justice. Sometimes there's just us.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sitting corrected in Tennessee. :D
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    I have to wonder why they are focusing on ANYTHING other than WHERE IS CAYLEE?????
    Self-absorbed? Self-important? Self-righteous? Self-indulgent? Self-preservation? I can think of a few others but I'd probably be banned.

    Where is Caylee? When and where have you searched? And, to quote CA's words, "What have you done?"
    If the Anthony's said "Good Morning" to me passing on the street I'd have to run home and go to bed because surely it would be night time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Reasons a trademark registration could be refused:

    http://inventors.about.com/od/invent.../f/refusal.htm
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeorJustUs View Post
    Self-absorbed? Self-important? Self-righteous? Self-indulgent? Self-preservation? I can think of a few others but I'd probably be banned.

    Where is Caylee? When and where have you searched? And, to quote CA's words, "What have you done?"
    Me too...

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Support Caylee: Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony
    By mrsu in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. Poll: Did Casey Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk Before Caylee Died?
    By shgrbkr in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM