The reason for the trademark on Caylee's name

cfromcanada

Inactive
Reaction score
There has been some discussion as to why the Anthony's would begin the process of trademarking Caylee's name.I believe I have the answer to that. www.zapple.com/caylee+anthony+gifts....This is a online market selling memorabillia using little Caylee. I personally believe that if anyone should be stopped from this grotesque capitalization on a little girl's death, they should.. I am showing the website only because I believe no one here would support such abhorrent behavior.

There has been some discussion as to why the Anthony's would begin the process of trademarking Caylee's name.I believe I have the answer to that. www.zapple.com/caylee+anthony+gifts....This is a online market selling memorabillia using little Caylee. I personally believe that if anyone should be stopped from this grotesque capitalization on a little girl's death, they should.. I am showing the website only because I believe no one here would support such abhorrent behavior.

Ah, but chilly has shown us that they have not actually trademarked the name, but rather are just using the trademark symbols beside her name and the phrase Help Find Caylee on the Caylee site. There is no record, according to chilly's post over in the Anthony's forced to move command center again thread, that they have ever applied for a trademark.

Ah, but chilly has shown us that they have not actually trademarked the name, but rather are just using the trademark symbols beside her name and the phrase Help Find Caylee on the Caylee site. There is no record, according to chilly's post over in the Anthony's forced to move command center again thread, that they have ever applied for a trademark.

No, they havent completed the process..that is the reason it says tm I believe at this point, they are trying to protect website info. They are considering seeking full copyright protection if this co. does not voluntarily stop selling the products..This is not an A venture as all products are anti KC .

If they were to start tm proceedings, then they are under obligation to go after anyone who is trying to use the tradedmarked names. There's a period of time before a tm goes thru - over a year. I think it might be 5, but I could be wrong on that. In essence, they have to prove that they really want the trademarked name, which means constantly looking for, sending people cease and desist letters, taking people to court - all before they even get the name trademarked, otherwise they lose getting the name trademarked.

Chances are unlikely they'd get Caylee Marie Anthony. Like the rest of us they are lowly peons, and about the only people successful with trademarking their names are actors/actresses.

Putting a tm on a site means nothing. It's a scare tactic. I know someone who is doing this. Legally, there's nothing they can do until they start the registration process and pay their money.

Again it was my understanding that it was their intention to complete the process if need be. However, if they don't, maybe the thread could be about this organization's use of Caylee for profit.

I would guess that to be true..You would also have to consider if another person named Caylee became a crime victim..It would certainly make things harder for the second one wouldn't it? I have to wonder what the family can do under these circumstances legally to make this stop, if anything.

I would guess that to be true..You would also have to consider if another person named Caylee became a crime victim..It would certainly make things harder for the second one wouldn't it? I have to wonder what the family can do under these circumstances legally to make this stop, if anything.

Looks like I'm wrong about the TM being a scare tactic. They could take legal action - if I'm reading it right:

https://www.legalzoom.com/legal-articles/should-trademark-name.html

Please note, if you do not register your name you can still use a mark you have adopted to identify the source of your goods and/or services. Anytime you claim rights to a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) symbol, regardless of whether you filed an application with the USPTO. But, registering your mark will offer you added protection under Trademark Law, including giving you the ability to bring action in court concerning the mark, and obtaining registration in foreign countries. The mark ® can only be used after the mark is actually registered with the USPTO.

Nejame is on the ball, he would have advised it I'm sure when that site popped up. There will be others...they will have to do something and I would imagine that is the only way

I have to wonder why they are focusing on ANYTHING other than WHERE IS CAYLEE?????

Self-absorbed? Self-important? Self-righteous? Self-indulgent? Self-preservation? I can think of a few others but I'd probably be banned. :furious:

Where is Caylee? When and where have you searched? And, to quote CA's words, "What have you done?"

Self-absorbed? Self-important? Self-righteous? Self-indulgent? Self-preservation? I can think of a few others but I'd probably be banned. :furious:

Where is Caylee? When and where have you searched? And, to quote CA's words, "What have you done?"

Me too...:furious::mad::furious:

Your link does not work, and even with google I cannot find the site that you are referencing here.

A first name in itself, is not trademarkable, other people have it, obviously. It is technically not that "hard" to register a trademark, if it was not very "trademark-worthy" it would lose legally if challenged.
FWIW. Think the ole' trademarking a color between nurisweet and equal
suit.

A first name in itself, is not trademarkable, other people have it, obviously. It is technically not that "hard" to register a trademark, if it was not very "trademark-worthy" it would lose legally if challenged.
FWIW. Think the ole' trademarking a color between nurisweet and equal
suit.

Mary Kay?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member