Tower Ping Map from June 15 to July 16

Tower Ping Map from June 15 to July 16

This includes all the towers that were Pinged from the above dates

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...226,-81.272736&spn=0.268459,0.694199&t=h&z=11

Thanks to BondJamesBond, Muzikman, liltigress and TexasLil for all there efforts.

Georgia PI,

I think this map will be an excellent resource for WS folks. Many times questions are asked if Casey ever pinged in a certain area. Although this won't give the dates the pings occurred it may help confirm or rule out certain areas in question.

You did an incredible amount of work on these maps.

Georgia PI,

I think this map will be an excellent resource for WS folks. Many times questions are asked if Casey ever pinged in a certain area. Although this won't give the dates the pings occurred it may help confirm or rule out certain areas in question.

You did an incredible amount of work on these maps.

:clap: Ditto :clap: I can't imagine what we'd have to pay to have these created.

P.S. There are also a couple of pivot tables in CellLogRev9 that show towers pinged by date. They don't begin to approach the incredible insight that can come from viewing Georgia PI's maps in an instant. They do, however, give a means to view the frequency of pings vs. time for all towers pinged. This might be helpful for anyone doing a comprehensive review in addition to this mother-of-all-maps.

As a point of detail regarding tower 22, there is actually a second tower 100 feet east of the one shown on the ping map that is also pinged regularly by KC's cell. The latitude is the same, longitude ever so slightly different. I noticed this when trying to make sense of the LAC-CID field. The orientation of the cells on the two towers differ slightly, and this is clearly visible from the Orange County Appraiser's Office aerial photos.

It is not a big deal unless the LAC-CIDs can be decoded. I have been unable to do this, and at this point I leave that piece with LE, who probably did that back in mid-August.

For those of you that prefer the flexibility of Google Earth, I imported all of the ping maps built by GeorgiaPI into a single Google Earth kmz file. I pulled places of interest into a separate directory, but left all pings in their own daily directory. I personally find it useful to be able to light up only places a few at a time, which is why I did that. In addition, one can add their own data to the maps quite easily.

To use, simply download the file to your computer and double-click on it. Of course, you need to have Google Earth installed on your computer for it to work.

Thanks again to GeorgiaPI for doing the real work in getting this material together.

Download kmz file here

Link to the Google Earth download page

UPDATE: My sincerest apologies. I uploaded the wrong file. The link above is now correct.

THANK YOU!

Great work on this, guys!

Interesting - it doesn't look to me like KC ever went to Jenna's home.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Georgia PI, JWG, and anyone/everyone else who helped bring us the ping maps. They are so great. :)

Once, again, Georgia PI. The mother-of-all-ping maps comes in handy. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back