New Theory/Categories of Guilty/Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
I had this discussion with someone very familiar with this case last night, and we were talking about the case and some of the facts, etc.

During our discussion we came to understand there might really be four categories of opinions (but only three that anyone would actually admit to).

1. Likely Not Guilty (BC didn't do the crime)

2. Likely Guilty (BC did the crime)

3. Likely Guilty but {wink/wink} I secretly think Nancy may have deserved it, so BC should be "not guilty" (even if he did it.)

4. Don't know or no opinion at this point.

It is this category 3 that we theorize some may actually fall into. This (hidden) opinion has occurred in other cases in which a spouse was murdered.

I use the term "likely" because while I know there are some people convinced of his guilt at this juncture, we really haven't been presented with all (or even most) of the evidence findings, esp. any of a forensic or data nature. So I want to use 'likely' to capture sentiments because nothing is certain at this point since we are not privy to seeing the state's evidence. And because others have a feeling one way or the other, hopefully 'likely' captures that leaning without anyone needing to be committed to any decision at this point.

As for the 3rd category, we suspected some might start to see some evidence that has emerged so far as pointing to BC and only BC, but they have a particular bias or emotional feeling either negative towards Nancy or positive to Brad, and as a result, they need/want BC to be 'not guilty' no matter what the evidence may show.

I had this discussion with someone very familiar with this case last night, and we were talking about the case and some of the facts, etc.

During our discussion we came to understand there might really be THREE categories of opinions (but only two that anyone is admitting to).

3. Likely Guilty but {wink/wink} I think Nancy deserved it, so BC should be "not guilty" (even if he did it.)

It is this category 3 that we theorize some may actually fall into. This (hidden) opinion has occurred in other cases in which a spouse was murdered.

I use the term "likely" because while I know there are some people convinced of his guilt at this juncture, we really haven't been presented with all (or even most) of the evidence findings, esp. any of a forensic or data nature. So I want to use 'likely' to capture sentiments because nothing is certain at this point since we are not privy to seeing the state's evidence. And because others have a feeling one way or the other, hopefully 'likely' captures that leaning without anyone needing to be committed to any decision at this point.

As for the 3rd category, we suspeced some might start to see some evidence that has emerged so far as pointing to BC and only BC, but they have a particular bias or feeling that is about Nancy, and as a result, they need/want BC to be 'not guilty' no matter what.

There's actually a 4th category of course, "I have no opinion at all and/or am not aware of or following this case." I didn't list it because by the very nature of being on this board, posters are aware and have some opinions.

Interesting SG - amazing but interesting - "she deserved it" - WOW. Reminds of the Young family.

Please include category 4:

4. I have not seen enough to make a determination of likely guilty or likely innocent.

Interesting SG - amazing but interesting - "she deserved it" - WOW.

I'm not saying that many would fall into such a category and of course who would ever admit such a thing (no one I know)? But if there were a completely anonymous poll perhaps that would allow someone to be totally honest. I think there is some other emotion that is driving a few people's opinions; that's my theory.

Of course there could also be the opinion, "Likely Not Guilty, but even if he did kill she probably deserved it."

I have seen some very ugly comments about Nancy (mostly on GOLO) which would lead me to believe that some do fall into this third category. But who would admit it?

Okay NCSU. You can have category 4:

4. Don't know yet / can't determine anything

I'm somewhere in the cat 4 arena... but cat 2 is also reasonable.
Cat 3 is ridiculous.

I don't think NC was innocent and fantastic a person as she has been made out to be. She obviously cheated on him as well, among other issues. But in no way did she deserve to die. I honestly wouldn't have wanted to be friends with either one of them based on what I've read about both of them.

If I had to pick between 1 & 2, it would be about 1.6 :)

I believe the list covers the full range of opinions. I doubt there would be many in Cat. #3, but to say it could never occur, no I think it could.

I'm not saying that many would fall into such a category and of course who would ever admit such a thing? Although if there were a completely anonymous poll perhaps that would allow someone to be totally honest.

Of course there could also be the opinion, "Likely Not Guilty, but even if he did kill her she deserved it, so YO NOT GUILTY!"

SG I'm sure there are some people somewhere who would have that attitude - she deserved it. Have seen this in the Young case - coming from Brevard to be precise. Amazes me anyone could take that stance but it does exist sadly.

What prompted this thought to form last night was the realization that there are times that nothing, short of a confession or a video of a murder in HD, will convince some (again, probably few) people that any particular person is guilty. But that opinion does occur (I've seen it) and in those cases any amount of evidence, type of evidence can be and is reasoned away as somehow not showing culpability. In such situations what appears to occur is some emotional 'block' or even a dislike of the victim. Don't forget that some people knew NC in person, or knew of her, or saw her, or knew someone who knew her or just form their opinions of her based on how BC described her behavior.

There's actually another category we mentioned too, but again, I didn't include it:

- Secretly attracted to/drawn to/ or emotionally invested in BC and will not ever see him any light but "Not Guilty."

And then there are those, who even if BC were to confess, would flock to him just because he was on TV, and probably marry him in jail...

And then there are those, who even if BC were to confess, would flock to him just because he was on TV, and probably marry him in jail...

Sad but true. I think there is a theory about women that marry prisoners...they do so because they know where he is and don't worry about him leaving or cheating (well..except for that prison kind of cheating), and they have plenty of time to create an emotional attachment through letters, etc.

Sad when women worry more about leaving and cheating than they do murder, n'est-ce pas?

Sad but true. I think there is a theory about women that marry prisoners...they do so because they know where he is and don't worry about him leaving or cheating (well..except for that prison kind of cheating), and they have plenty of time to create an emotional attachment through letters, etc.

That is just to gross to even visualize with BC

During our discussion we came to understand there might really be four categories of opinions (but only three that anyone would actually admit to).

3. Likely Guilty but {wink/wink} I secretly think Nancy may have deserved it, so BC should be "not guilty" (even if he did it.)

4. Don't know or no opinion at this point.

As for the 3rd category, we suspected some might start to see some evidence that has emerged so far as pointing to BC and only BC, but they have a particular bias or emotional feeling either negative towards Nancy or positive to Brad, and as a result, they need/want BC to be 'not guilty' no matter what the evidence may show.

I am going with number two only because I trust LE for some reason in this case. I certainly agree that we have no real solid evidence to base this on now. But I know it is coming.

I'm going with #2 also with the HOPE the the DA can prove it and not have another OJ Simpson circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow