1201 users online (273 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Question Will he get bail?

Brad's attorney said that he'd be requesting bail. Does anyone think this is a real possibility?

The reason I ask is that he would have to be a HUGE flight risk. And with the BS that the Mexican government is feeding us on Ceasar Laurean not being extradited, I can't imagine the state of NC would allow a foreign citizen out on bail.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNC View Post
    Brad's attorney said that he'd be requesting bail. Does anyone think this is a real possibility?

The reason I ask is that he would have to be a HUGE flight risk. And with the BS that the Mexican government is feeding us on Ceasar Laurean not being extradited, I can't imagine the state of NC would allow a foreign citizen out on bail.
    I think there is always a possibility, but it will depend on the outcome of the December 5 hearing. DP case, no.

Agree w/RC; that would be my guess too. If he does get bail, I think the amount will be very high (over $2M).

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Agree w/RC; that would be my guess too. If he does get bail, I think the amount will be very high (over $2M).
    I have no idea how much bail would be set for in this case. However, BC now has a public defender. Could he afford bail? Who would pay it? Do bondsmen pay without a guarantee/collateral?
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Star12 View Post
    BC now has a public defender. Could he afford bail? Who would pay it? Do bondsmen pay without a guarantee/collateral?
    I think this would be a fabulous time for all BC supporters and friends to chip in and help him out.

He'll need to raise 10% of the total bond to get a bondsman to cover the rest. So if he's granted bail, he'll likely need cash between $200K - $300K. For instance, 300 people can chip in $1K each. Any extra not used to get bail can go to his defense fund.

Who's going to help the man out? Now's not the time to be shy! Line starts to the left!

I think this would be a fabulous time for all BC supporters and friends to chip in and help him out.

He'll need to raise 10% of the total bond to get a bondsman to cover the rest. So if he's granted bail, he'll likely need cash between $200K - $300K. For instance, 300 people can chip in $1K each. Any extra not used to get bail can go to his defense fund.

Who's going to help the man out? Now's not the time to be shy! Line starts to the left!
    Oh, sorry. I have something else to do. I have to count the leaves that fall off the tree. Which tree? It doesn't matter. There's lots of trees.

I just looked up a bondsman in durham. His sign in had one of those boxes where you fill in the wavy letters you see. On this bail bondsman's site, the word was "foolish". Ironic, eh?
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Not me!! I doubt he'd have bail, or if he does, it'll be after the DP announcement and I'll agree it would be very high.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

but...but...but... Brad needs help!

C'mon all you sleuthers who think Brad might be getting a bum rap and might not be culpable; now's the time to help the man out! He's practically indigent after the custody fight. Think he's been targeted unfairly by LE? Tired of the husband always being the one suspected? Well Brad would agree, as would K&B. There's no better way to show you care this holiday season than to give a hand up to your favorite possibly-railroaded suspect. It takes a LOT to put on a top-notch defense. Have a heart!

but...but...but... Brad needs help!

C'mon all you sleuthers who think Brad might be getting a bum rap and might not be culpable; now's the time to help the man out! He's practically indigent after the custody fight. Think he's been targeted unfairly by LE? Tired of the husband always being the one suspected? Well Brad would agree, as would K&B. There's no better way to show you care this holiday season than to give a hand up to your favorite possibly-railroaded suspect. It takes a LOT to put on a top-notch defense. Have a heart!
    Find me a better suspect for Nancy's murder and I might cooperate with your plea!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Find me a better suspect for Nancy's murder and I might cooperate with your plea!
    Oh I don't think there's any other perp...I'm just pointing out the options for those who do think that.

Oh I don't think there's any other perp...I'm just pointing out the options for those who do think that.
    It is always amazing to me how cruel people are when they make up their mind that someone is guilty without evidence. He may very well be guilty, but there still has been so little released to the public that it is still all based on the court of public opinion. Yes, some feel that what the friends say is totally above reproach and the Gospel. Sight unseen, it must be true, her friends said so....All saints...I'm sure...If he is innocent and at some point can be proven, what a sad situation for all involved. If he is guilty, then I suppose he will get what is coming to him. But if he is not....wow...people never cease to amaze me....

Cruel? The people on here?

How about the person who murdered Nancy???

Yep, whoever killed NC is beyond cruel.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast